Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Hi All, I am 73 years old and I went to Tijuana Mexico to the Obesiity Control Center and Dr Ariel Ortiz who is one of top Bariatric surgeons in the country. He has been on Oprah, The Doctors, Nightline, Dateline and other TV programs.He was recommended by a friend and I did a lot of research on the Dr and the OCC. My surgery was 2/26 and I have done really well. I had the Gastric Sleeve. I did not have to jump through any hoops to do it as I paid for it on my own. I did fill out a Health Survey and had blood tests, and EKG and saw the nutritionist. The surgery fee includes a 4 night stay at the Marriott Hotel in Tijuana which was very nice. A van picked us up in San Diego and drove us to the Hotel. The hospital was very nice and staff was wonderful. One night in Hotel before the surgery, one night in hospital, then back to Hotel. The hotel provided us with chicken broth twice and day, popsicles and Jello free of chare ( included in surgery fee). The were very accommodating. I ehad minimal pain, no problems with gas or nausea and am feeling great now. I lost 12 pounds on the 15 day Pre-Op diet, was up 6 after the surgery, then have now lost a total of 19 since starting the Pre-Op diet.

I went to dr Ortiz as well on 2/17 :) glad to hear u r doing well. I had a great experience too!

The first three weeks I was basically losing a pound a day. After my third week I stopped weighing as often (that was just Thursday). On my 3 weeks I was down 23 pounds.

See that's how it was my first week, then I lost. A lb a day for the first 4 days of my second week and that was all I lost for te week. I decided to get rid of my scale and only weigh myself at my moms house once a week bc I was becoming so obsessive weighing every morning and night... I guess I will just wait and see what I weigh on Monday! Nothing else I can do lol

Today marked week 2 for me. I'm on soft foods for two weeks then I get to graduate. I've started to ground my own meats so I cut as much fat off as possible. But my weight loss is at a stall. My md told me yesterday to weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning but I think during times of a stall that might frustrate me more. Not complaining I'm down 24 lbs. not too shabby.

24 lbs is awesome! I hit my stall week 3. I has to stop weighing myself because u was getting upset. Stop for a few and then do it that might help you.

I don't know if I have hit a stall yet. I got so worried about the dreaded three week stall and the frustration and anxiety that could come it that I stopped weighing at my three week mark. I will weigh in again this weekend or at my 5 week point. I'm four weeks out today and feeling great. I can notice a difference in my energy level no matter if I get enough sleep or not. I am very happy with my sleeve!

Anyone find that going back to work was awkward? Not sure if people are intimidated that I'm loosing weight or what. I have a very stressful job and have a lot to get done in day. So I'm sure there were things missed before I left but not sure why it would feel this weird. Anyone, anyone?

I had my 4 week follow up yesterday. Frustrated with slow weight loss over last 2 weeks. They say it's because I'm not eating enough and body is fighting to hold onto everything. I'm eating exactly what they said to and often. I get hungry every two hours, just can't get much in. They said to be patient and will will start coming off faster soon. It is great to be getting some regular food now. Love the Mission Carb Balance tortillas. Great with chicken, or Beans, or to make a pizza, etc. if you haven't already, check out the recipes on The World According to Eggface's website.

I'm 2 weeks post op and I still feel like crap. I don't feel like eating or drinking anything. No appetite at all. My rib cage is still so sore and I feel weak. When will this end and when will I feel better?

I'm 2 weeks post op and I still feel like crap. I don't feel like eating or drinking anything. No appetite at all. My rib cage is still so sore and I feel weak. When will this end and when will I feel better?

So sorry you're feeling like crap!! Hopefully it will pass soon. Did you contact your dr?

Very sorry you're not feeling well yet, I'm sure you will soon. Talk to your doc and give yourself time to heal, we all heal differently, we did just remove the majority of our tummies :-)

Even though you don't feel like eating and drinking, do you force yourself to? I had to set reminders in my phone and talked to my mom and husband and asked them to ask me if I had my shake or Water lately. It helped so much and I noticed a dramatic difference in how I felt week two versus week three.

Also walking made me feel great too. I didn't always feel good when I started but by the end I felt great and it helped me get through my days.

I hope you start feeling better. Good luck!

My list is basically this:

tuna (with light mayo)

Canned chicken(no other chicken, and light mayo)

Cottage cheese

eggs (can make egg salad)

Fish- baked, boiled, grilled, smoked

Crab

Lobster

Shrimp or scallops

Cheese (reduced fat varieties)

lunch meat sliced thin-

Veggie burgers (morning start grillers prime are my favorite)

Low fat chili

Any beans- minus green Beans same goes for lentil Soups

my favorites so far: take lunch meat and cut cheese stick in half, put some honey mustard and a tiny bit of mayo on meat, roll meat around cheese. YUM! I also really like the morningstar veggie stuff. The burgers and Breakfast sausage.

I also haven't had anything from the list that hasn't agreed with my new tummy, thank goodness. I love eggs still. Yay!

Edited by Sarahjane79

My list is basically this: tuna (with light mayo) Canned chicken(no other chicken, and light mayo) Cottage cheese eggs (can make egg salad) Fish- baked, boiled, grilled, smoked Crab Lobster Shrimp or scallops Cheese (reduced fat varieties) lunch meat sliced thin- Veggie burgers (morning start grillers prime are my favorite) Low fat chili Any beans- minus green Beans same goes for lentil Soups my favorites so far: take lunch meat and cut cheese stick in half, put some honey mustard and a tiny bit of mayo on meat, roll meat around cheese. YUM! I also really like the morningstar veggie stuff. The burgers and breakfast sausage. I also haven't had anything from the list that hasn't agreed with my new tummy, thank goodness. I love eggs still. Yay!

Thank you SJ! I needed some direction with this and my packet from the nutritionist didn't have a list for this stage. Thanks again!

Thank you SJ! I needed some direction with this and my packet from the nutritionist didn't have a list for this stage. Thanks again!

You're welcome! I have no serving size recommendation, as my nut said that everyone can eat different amounts. I basically make a serving size(or half depending on whatever it is) of whatever I'm eating, and go from there.

I can make those meats and eggs into tuna, chix, or egg salad, but I can't add pickle relish. I can add Pickle Juice, just no relish.

Other tips, you can use the Oikos Greek yogurt dips as a condiment on whatever, or even the low fat flavored cream cheese.

Good luck! :)

You're welcome! I have no serving size recommendation, as my nut said that everyone can eat different amounts. I basically make a serving size(or half depending on whatever it is) of whatever I'm eating, and go from there. I can make those meats and eggs into tuna, chix, or egg salad, but I can't add pickle relish. I can add Pickle Juice, just no relish. Other tips, you can use the Oikos Greek yogurt dips as a condiment on whatever, or even the low fat flavored cream cheese. Good luck! :)

Yum! Thanks for the tips!