Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Sorry about double post. How do I remove that?

I'm not sure. It happens some times. Maybe on a computer it can be deleted?

Second day back to work and I am completely exhausted! My day isn't even over with and I'm ready to curl up on the factory floor and snooze. I have zero energy. Anybody else go/going thru this when they went back to work?

Today marked week 2 for me. I'm on soft foods for two weeks then I get to graduate. I've started to ground my own meats so I cut as much fat off as possible. But my weight loss is at a stall. My md told me yesterday to weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning but I think during times of a stall that might frustrate me more. Not complaining I'm down 24 lbs. not too shabby.

I totally understand. I have been stall for what appears to be two weeks. And I'm only three weeks post op. This is incredibly frustrating because this is supposed to be the time where I dropped the most weight. But the scale has not moved since my first week. I'm following my eating plan I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do, but I think a two-week stall is a lot. I am not ashamed to say I broke down crying, feeling like a failure and that I made a mistake getting this procedure to begin with. After I pulled myself together, I actually counted up my caloric intake and I don't make 600 cal a day, so I ask: what gives?

Anyone find that going back to work was awkward? Not sure if people are intimidated that I'm loosing weight or what. I have a very stressful job and have a lot to get done in day. So I'm sure there were things missed before I left but not sure why it would feel this weird. Anyone, anyone?

omg! I am going through the same thing! I went back, and everything felt so weird and so different. Everything feels weird and different anyway.. Even driving, and I feel like I got beat with a stupid stick because I have a hard time focusing and I forget a lot of things since my procedure. It's the anesthesia. It will probably take a while to get back to normal. As for the coworkers, Some are probably are intimidated and envious. I went back to work for the first time yesterday and everyone was shocked! I saw the looks. One person even said that "you had surgery didn't you". I felt like a deer in headlights. I did not want to tell anyone, but I am terrible liar and did not have a speech prepared. I know eventually they're all going to figure it out anyway, but still I wanted this to be just mine. Oh well the cats out of the bag.

I'm 2 weeks post op and I still feel like crap. I don't feel like eating or drinking anything. No appetite at all. My rib cage is still so sore and I feel weak. When will this end and when will I feel better?

I'm so sorry to hear that! I know you probably get a lot of reassurance from others, but it is true. Eventually it will get better. We allheal differently. I know it's hard, but please try to get enough nutrition in.

I had what I want to call a NSV, and one other awesome thing happen tonight.

1. I decided to try on a bra I've had in my closet (VS it was a favorite) for about 4 years. It was tight even when I bought it. Well, it's fits perfectly now! Woo! 40 lbs has been kind to me.

2. I can finally sleep in my bed. I had to put my clothes away, so I decided to try and lay in my bed. And I could, with no pain! I've slept on my couch for almost 4 weeks now. While I absolutely love my couch, I've been missing my bed the last couple nights. I can't wait to get in bed.

Oh. And the amount of compliments away mound comments I've gotten the last couple days. It's been an even bigger morale booster, then me feeling like my clothes are bigger, or the fact I was able to buy a zip up hoodie from old navy for the first time in probably 3-4 years!

Just even more proof I've made the best decision ever.

Tonight sucks. I want to eat everything! This stupid stall is driving me nuts. I just want to shovel food in my mouth. UGH!!!

I'm sorry. I haven't had one of those moments yet though I'm sure I will. I hope you are feeling better and through your stall soon.

I had what I want to call a NSV, and one other awesome thing happen tonight.

1. I decided to try on a bra I've had in my closet (VS it was a favorite) for about 4 years. It was tight even when I bought it. Well, it's fits perfectly now! Woo! 40 lbs has been kind to me.

2. I can finally sleep in my bed. I had to put my clothes away, so I decided to try and lay in my bed. And I could, with no pain! I've slept on my couch for almost 4 weeks now. While I absolutely love my couch, I've been missing my bed the last couple nights. I can't wait to get in bed.

Oh. And the amount of compliments away mound comments I've gotten the last couple days. It's been an even bigger morale booster, then me feeling like my clothes are bigger, or the fact I was able to buy a zip up hoodie from old navy for the first time in probably 3-4 years!

Just even more proof I've made the best decision ever.

So glad to hear this SJ. I finally got through my stall. I think. Lol. Great job hun!

I too have a special NSV, this one really touches my heart.

Yesterday i found my 8 yr old in the kitchen reading all the nutritional info on his Snacks, and he even knew what stuff was good for him and not so good! I'm so proud of my family for their support. Everyone is getting on board with a new healthier lifestyle and I couldn't be happier about it :-)

I got through my stall!! I've been stalled at 25 pounds lost since Feb 12th for about 2 weeks. I added really light exercise and down 3 more pounds this morning. 28 pounds since Feb 12th...feels really great!!

I have a bachelorette party this saturday but I don't know if its ok to have a drink?? My surgery was 2/11 and last time I had any alcohol was like 2 weeks prior to surgery. Any suggestions??

I got through my stall!! I've been stalled at 25 pounds lost since Feb 12th for about 2 weeks. I added really light exercise and down 3 more pounds this morning. 28 pounds since Feb 12th...feels really great!!

Congrats!! I had mine 2/11 and nothing lost in the last 2 weeks!! Its driving me crazy, I am 24 pounds down

I have a bachelorette party this saturday but I don't know if its ok to have a drink?? My surgery was 2/11 and last time I had any alcohol was like 2 weeks prior to surgery. Any suggestions??

I wouldn't. From everything I've read you need you wait at least 3+ months, but at least until your stomach line is completely healed, and that's not until 7-8 weeks.

Edited by Sarahjane79

I also recently heard that alcohol affects us differently now. Because you don't have all the enzymes to process it more of it goes directly into you intestines and your blood level rises faster and it takes longer for it get out of your system. I would be very careful even after you heal.