Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Wheet: not to debate the merits of sheets, but I used to think that anything above 400 was just silly and I had learned that some of the higher thread counts weren't exactly just that, but only a different way of calculating the threads so they could charge more for them. And I always chose the softer 400 count ones. Except recently I came across some at Yves Delorme that will melt your Cookies. They're the nicest I've ever found - they don't actually say that they have a satin finish, but that's what it feels like to me. I've always thought Egyptian cotton were deemed to be the best. What's the benefit of Pima over Egyptian? Inquiring minds need to know.:) Remember, over 1/3 of your life is spent in bed. Unless you're airwayman. :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

laurend, hot sheets... I thought that was just an expression! :heh:

I have a set of sheets that I am in love with. They are literally the softest sheets I have ever felt. I got them at TJ Maxx, and they had been repackaged, so I have absolutely no idea what brand they are or what the thread count is. I am going to be so sad whenever I can't use them anymore, because they are the BEST.

My sheets are between a 400 and a 500 thread count. I have one pair which are a cotton-silk blend. I like a sateen finish and what I have heard called a 'crisp hand.' You don't get that with a silk-cotton blend; the sheets tend to feel a little mushy, especially if the room is hot. And, speaking of that, I am with laurend: I like to slide into a cool, clean bed. This always reminds me of diving into sweet lake Water on a hot summer day. There ain't nuthin like it! Um,...bliss.... And I am one of those who has to

read in bed.:)

Pima fibres are the longest and therefore the strongest. Pima cotton is very durable and least likely to wrinkle. Egyptian cotton is next best. This is what my learning how to be a real woman and homemaker book sez. There doesn't seem to be any policies on what to do with my uterus, though. Har har.:faint:

Don't have to worry about your uterus, Green. There's a whole 'nuther group doing all the worrying for you. (see other thread on topic)

Thanks for the education on Pima cotton. I thought I had received only the highest marks in the Martha Stewart homemaking class. I know how to flip a matteress, fold a fitted sheet, make creme fraiche, arrange flowers (actually I took a great class in Montreal that helped too), wrap gifts, paint an egg, etc. However, I was embarassingly remiss in the sheet fabric department. :girl_hug: I suppose I'll recover, but I have definitely made Martha ashamed today.

P.S. I will vouch for the wrinkle-prone quality of Egyptian cotton. Especially when one walks on one's knees in bed. If you know what I mean.

I might also add that I don't think that Egyptian cotton sheets are particularly cool to the touch. They seem more "fluffy" and warm than what you are describing.

Don't have to worry about your uterus, Green. There's a whole 'nuther group doing all the worrying for you. (see other thread on topic)
I should make this statement in the other thread, but I don't feel like trying to find it. It really burns me that they (meaning pro-lifers) are trying to tell us that we have to have a child and don't see anything wrong with it, but the minute someone suggests that they might want to limit the number of children they produce, they all scream about having their reproductive rights infringed upon. And they don't seem to see the hypocrisy!

laurend, there's more hyprocrisy within their arguments than even the one you mention, I'm afraid. One of the things that always makes me a little crazy is the idea that they want to define a fertilized egg as a human being, with all the rights and protection of a delivered, healthy baby, but they seem to love guns and feel it is their right to use them whenever they think it is necessary. Rights... in their minds are bestowed on whoever THEY decide should have them, however they choose to define people.

They believe they have the right to own a gun and the intelligence to use one when necessary, but that women have no right to, and not enough intelliegence to, make a medical decision about abortion. Why don't they just annoint themselves "god."

:girl_hug: Remember, over 1/3 of your life is spent in bed. Unless you're airwayman. :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :heh:

BJean, what's that supposed to mean? Just because I don't know Egyptian cotton form a Q tip doesn't mean I don't like good sheets. Geez, you guys wandered off of booze, sex and rug burns and now we're off on the quality of bed sheet fibers, fer Christ's sake.

know how to flip a matteress, fold a fitted sheet, make creme fraiche, arrange flowers (actually I took a great class in Montreal that helped too), wrap gifts, paint an egg, etc. However, I was embarassingly remiss in the sheet fabric department.
I SOOOO want to take a floral arranging class. Our community college is offering one that's four Saturdays -- of ourse Saturdays that I'm not free!

Do you think you could epxlain the process for folding a fitted sheet? Mine goes kind of like this: Grab one corner, grab the opposite corner. Because that's how "they" say to start. Put corner A into corner B. Realize this is getting me no where and proceed to wrap around my forearms like a length of rope, then shove into the linen closet.

If I could find a >400 ct sheet that I loved, I'd be all over it. But my finger tests (shoving my fingers into the package and findling the fabric) has never given me a good vibe.

Look at all the typos Wheetsin makes when she can't edit. :girl_hug:

I SOOOO want to take a floral arranging class. Our community college is offering one that's four Saturdays -- of ourse Saturdays that I'm not free!

Do you think you could epxlain the process for folding a fitted sheet? Mine goes kind of like this: Grab one corner, grab the opposite corner. Because that's how "they" say to start. Put corner A into corner B. Realize this is getting me no where and proceed to wrap around my forearms like a length of rope, then shove into the linen closet.

If I could find a >400 ct sheet that I loved, I'd be all over it. But my finger tests (shoving my fingers into the package and findling the fabric) has never given me a good vibe.

For me it's all about the Downy Fab softener. I buy the t-shirt sheets at target and tie dye them. They are heavenly when just washed and drowned in Downy....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:notagree

Thanks for the education on Pima cotton. I thought I had received only the highest marks in the Martha Stewart homemaking class. I know how to flip a matteress, fold a fitted sheet, make creme fraiche, arrange flowers (actually I took a great class in Montreal that helped too), wrap gifts, paint an egg, etc. However, I was embarassingly remiss in the sheet fabric department. :) I suppose I'll recover, but I have definitely made Martha ashamed today.

Haha! Green missed out on all of that when she was young; she was too busy rebelling! :heh: That's why she had to buy the Book. This is a big book and forms part of her collection of toilet lit - you know, the books you read in the bathroom.:girl_hug: