Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

When I was little my sister and I wanted bikes. We begged and pleaded for a bike, Christmas after Christmas. Finally, when we were Freshman and Sophomore in high school, my dad finally came across with a bike. Right, one bike for us to share. It was a used bike, beat up and rusty and ugly. Not only that, it was a boys bike for pete's sake. I don't know how tall I was then, but I'm only 5'2" now so you can imagine me trying to ride that thing. Impossible without impaling my private parts. Mom scolded my sister and me for not acting more grateful. We would have been thankful for a coupla gift cheques that Christmas!

Many people over the years have said I look like Jane Fonda. That's not always a good thing in some circles. But I'm ticked. She's decided that we're not getting any cosmetic surgery in our old age. And yes, she IS older than I am.

Ditto me and Sally Field. She has a new series called "Brothers and Sisters", which we enjoy very much, and I'm willing to admit (grudgingly) that we're probably old enough to be Callista Flockhart's mother, but she's doing commercials for Boniva, too. The only thing worse is having your celebrity look-alike hawking Depends.

In my family we were raised on gift cheques - these pre-dated the gift card but also posed no problems vis-a-vis wrapping 'em. Yup, picture the tiny Greens waking up on Xmas AM and stealing quietly downstairs to the the artificial Christmas tree to find what?? Only a small neat pile of envelopes.... Thank gawd fer the stockings!!!:phanvan

Green....that' so SAD. My daughter is 34 and although she's perfectly okay with cash for Christmas and birthdays, she won't let me stop with the Christmas stocking and the Easter basket! She loves getting lots of little do-dads.

Green....that' so SAD. My daughter is 34 and although she's perfectly okay with cash for Christmas and birthdays, she won't let me stop with the Christmas stocking and the Easter basket! She loves getting lots of little do-dads.

You are so right! It was sad! I am still getting therapy thanx to my uncomfortable childhood and I always get real weird and curmudgeonly around Christmas time. :rolleyes:

Ditto me and Sally Field. She has a new series called "Brothers and Sisters", which we enjoy very much, and I'm willing to admit (grudgingly) that we're probably old enough to be Callista Flockhart's mother, but she's doing commercials for Boniva, too. The only thing worse is having your celebrity look-alike hawking Depends.

Or having a celeb look-alike who looks like Dick Cheney and you happen to be a woman....:faint:

You are so right! It was sad! I am still getting therapy thanx to my uncomfortable childhood and I always get real weird and curmudgeonly around Christmas time. frown.gif
I tend to get pissed (in the 'ticked off' sense, not the drunk sense) around Christmas. It would really irritate me because my family would get really stressed out and snippy around Christmas from all the stress, so it always made me angry and resentful (so I'd always sleep late on Christmas morning and refuse to open presents). (I was a spiteful kid.)

Well, I saw a tiny light at the end of the tunnel today. My current PCP's office called the old doc's. Let me just say, I've got the best doc with the best staff in the entire world! Don't know which of the ladies made the call, but she got the old doc's office (the nasty biotch, I assume :ogre ) to agree to print out a history of my weights for the two years I saw him! I can still get the full charts if necessary, but the WLC said this info should suffice. And the best part? They should have it by tomorrow!! I'm not getting overly excited yet, but I am certainly more optimistic today. God, this is such a roller coaster ride...

laurend: Family dynamics ain't all their cracked up to be, huh? Especially around holidays. I found that my kids usually acted up around Christmas, which was confounding because we told them that Santa wouldn't leave them gifts if they were bad. I guess it didn't take them long to figure out that was just another part of the whole fictional storybook Christmas picture. :rolleyes

Eddie: Good news. I hope it makes a difference and you get some positive feedback from the insurance company!

Carlene: I've been watching "Bros and Sisters" off and on. I enjoy it too, but I have to tell you I may be pretty old but I just cannot get a mental image of being Calista Flockhart's mother. That would make Indiana Jones sort of my SOIL (significant other in law) and that's not at all what I envisioned his and my relationship could be. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

airwayman: If you weren't married, I'd propose. Just think... a man who uses double sided tape for wrapping gifts. Wow.

What a coincedence, I felt the same way!! One winter day I watched a lady gift wrap a package in a department store using doubled sided tape. I was immediately in love, all I could do was just stare at her. My mind wandered, I dreamed of being with her, I wanted to propose. But, alas, she finished wrapping my package, handed it to me, and it was all over. It's been two years and I still remember those beautiful double Ds. The package looked pretty good, too.

What a coincedence, I felt the same way!! One winter day I watched a lady gift wrap a package in a department store using doubled sided tape. I was immediately in love, all I could do was just stare at her. My mind wandered, I dreamed of being with her, I wanted to propose. But, alas, she finished wrapping my package, handed it to me, and it was all over. It's been two years and I still remember those beautiful double Ds. The package looked pretty good, too.

I have often felt like proposing to women for the truth is that I need a wife - and I could get one, too, now that Canada has approved same sex marriage - but our marriage would have to be a sexless one and my husband might find it both confusing and stressful. It's tough enough on him having just one, poor guy.;)

I almost have a wife. It's my sister and she works for me. She organizes my working life, cuts through bureaucratic crap, matches wits with unpleasant bureaucrats, puts paper and pen and a cup of tea on my desk and makes me sit down to write a report when needed, crosses the t's, dots the i's. She's wonderful. Her work and ministrations allow me to do what I'm good at.

Now if only I can get someone like that for our house, which looks like a war zone most of the time.

Funny thing, just the other day I was discussing this with the girls at work. One lady mentioned wanting another husband but the rest of us were in complete agreement, if we were to get an additional spouse, we want a wife. A wife would be much more beneficial at this point. Someone to cook and clean as well as the other crappy things we have to do. Then I could spend my time for me! Selfish, I know. She of course would be welcome to have her fun on the side cause like green's, ours would be a sexless marriage. The trick is finding a woman who likes the domestic stuff that would be satisfied to live with us since same sex marriages aren't legal here. :guess

I have often felt like proposing to women for the truth is that I need a wife - and I could get one, too, now that Canada has approved same sex marriage .;)

I wouldn't mind have another wife. I have my cross hairs set on either Shania Twain, Mariah Carey or Carey Underwear..or is it Underwood? I wisely haven't mentioned this to my lovely wife.

Funny thing, just the other day I was discussing this with the girls at work. One lady mentioned wanting another husband but the rest of us were in complete agreement, if we were to get an additional spouse, we want a wife. A wife would be much more beneficial at this point. Someone to cook and clean as well as the other crappy things we have to do. Then I could spend my time for me! Selfish, I know. She of course would be welcome to have her fun on the side cause like green's, ours would be a sexless marriage. The trick is finding a woman who likes the domestic stuff that would be satisfied to live with us since same sex marriages aren't legal here. :guess

Yah, I need a wife for the domestic stuff! I was such a rebellious little tomboy and an angry brat that I never did learn the Martha Stewart skill set. My clothes never look very nice after their first experience with Green's laundry tecniques. My whites turn less than white and my blacks begin to go grey. I am slovenly about ironing and then excuse myself by saying that I want my clothes to have more wrinkles than my face. :heh:

And I bitterly regret that I didn't insist that my mum teach me how to knit, sew and bake. She was a highly skilled woman in all the domestic arts. I coulda learned a lot. I coulda made myself and some lucky man - my dh for instance - very happy.;) I guess I need a housekeeper (and the cash to keep her :phanvan ).