Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Wow this area is harsh! After this comment I dont think I will return to this section but here it goes;

Jesus Christ's greatest commandment was not one of the 10 most of us are familiar with. It was this: to love one another as Christ loves us.

We are to love all people but not love the sin. Everyone sins. So before we rant about others sins we must first examine our own hearts and test it before the Lord. If you are a true Christian you would do this on a regular basis. Instead of bashing people, we would do better to do as Christ did and love them in spite of their shortcomings as He loves us just the way we are. Most of the world is not concerned with living the way Jesus would want them to. That is why it is so vitally important that Christians live the way Christ would want them to. The world is watching us!:mad:

The world is watching us? What does that mean? How does that mesh with the earlier part of your post that speaks to living as Christ would want us to? Which is it, live one way because the world is watching us, or live one way because Christ is watching us?

You seem to be doing some bashing all on your own, aren't you? Or are you just doing God's will by correcting us?

My comments about my first husband are accurate. He is one of the important deacons in his church, as an architect he goes to Latin America to design and build houses for the poor, and he is like you... quick to comdemn others. He couldn't find it in his heart to love and take care of his wife and son. He speaks to his mother like she's an idiot. He lives only for himself and his own glory even when he is "serving the Lord." He deserves all the bashing I can dish out. I'm pretty sure Jesus is on my side in this matter.

Wow this area is harsh! After this comment I dont think I will return to this section but here it goes;

Jesus Christ's greatest commandment was not one of the 10 most of us are familiar with. It was this: to love one another as Christ loves us.

We are to love all people but not love the sin. Everyone sins. So before we rant about others sins we must first examine our own hearts and test these same hearts before the Lord.

If you are a true Christian you would do this on a regular basis. Instead of bashing people, we would do better to do as Christ did and love them in spite of their shortcomings as He loves us just the way we are. Most of the world is not concerned with living the way Jesus would want them to. That is why it is so vitally important that Christians live the way Christ would want them to. The world is watching us!:mad:

Green is always annoyed by Christians. She gets really pissed off by their messy grammar, their bossiness, and the over all lack of intellectual rigor with which they take care of business. She figures that there has got to be a sweet, sweet standard and that those Christ-lovin folk have got to spend their time under the same microscope as the rest of us.

My only concern is to live the way Christ would want me to live. That doesnt mean I always succeed but that is the example I choose to follow and I do strive to live according to His expecations not those of an ever changing world. What I meant by the world is watching us is that it is important for Christians to live what they say they believe in, otherwise very smart people like you will call us hypocrites.

tink128: I did not call you a hypocrite. I do think you are smart to propose that Christians should live by what they say they believe in, otherwise some people will label them hypocrites.

I wasn't generalizing about Christians in my comments. I was speaking about my former husband and I also made an observation about your comments directed at me.

My only concern is to live the way Christ would want me to live. That doesnt mean I always succeed but that is the example I choose to follow and I do strive to live according to His expecations not those of an ever changing world. What I meant by the world is watching us is that it is important for Christians to live what they say they believe in, otherwise very smart people like you will call us hypocrites.

You are correct, people are watching.

Com'on... let's face it. The xtians are watching the non xtians and the non xtians are watching the xtians. Namely, the atheists.

I agree with your point, you are quite correct. I don't see you as another poster does, I see you as a person doing your best in life. What else can one ask of another?

I am an atheist and I do my best. Might not be right be xtian standards but it is MY best and nobody has the right to ask more of me than that. Nobody has the right to expect more of you than the same because you are xtian or anything else.

I get the point of your post and I fully agree.

I wasn't so fortunate. I married an ego-driven egocentric self-serving self-centered (did I mention that he only thought of himself?) ass, at age 19. I knew immediately what a mistake I'd made, but absolutely couldn't face failure and stuck with him for as long as I could.

The first girl I was engaged to was a young divorcee. She never talked about her marriage but I knew she couldn't have been married very long becaue she was only 20. After we'd been dating for almost a year she started putting the push on to "go look at rings...just look." I also had the Viet Nam war staring me in the face as soon as I graduated so I was reluctant. This led to some discussions about marriage which led to a discussion about her previous marriage. She said she met this guy right after high school and was immediately taken to him. They dated for a short period and were married. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long and she divorced him. She could tell I wasn't satistifed with this explanation so she went on to say that, although she was very close to her parents, they disagreed on this guy. The more they gently tried to convince her he wasn't the right guy, the more she resisted. I asked her if she remembered when she realized she'd made a mistake. She said "yes......the night I walked down the aisle. I knew I had won the battle over my parents, I was getting married, and I knew it was a huge mistake. It was just too late to back out. I started thinking about when I could divorce him the next day." icon9.gif

Just popping in to mention that MOST of the Christians described above by green seem to have neglected to notice that:

~Christ didn't have a regular job.

~Christ hung out with a bunch of same-sex "buddies."

~Christ didn't collect a dime to build any church building and made a mess in the local temple.

~Besides his mommy, Christ's only lady friend was a hooker. (Illicit lover or fag-hag? You decide.)

~Christ, in spite of the "render unto Caesar" comment, pretty much declared that Caesar was the "decider" (in Dubya-speak) on what exactly WAS Caesar's...that made him anti-government, which is why he got killed.

So, how would an unemployed, wandering, anti-government, mamma's-boy, who lived with a first century version of the 12-dwarves and a hooker want me to live?

Like I'd CARE?

People who can't figure out the world on their own will need direction from that kind of "guiding star;" I'd rather explore on my own...thanks, anyway.

FYI Mary Magdeline was not a hooker, she may, however, have been a pawn in the Churches ploy to subjegate women, you know the old "Evil Temptress" thing. I do not believe in God or that Jesus was the son of God but I like the story a lot more when I am able to interpret it as Jesus was a guy who hung out with his budies and his hooker girlfriend drinking wine. That was exactly how I would have lived my life when I was in my early 20's, hey wait a minute maybe I did live a christ like existance.

My wife made me stop behaving that way, maybe women are evil, maybe I should rethink my lifestyle and go back to a more Christ-like lifestyle. Ah, maybe not, I need a lot more sleep these days!!!

tink128: BubbleButt made me stop and think... maybe I didn't understand the point of your email. It honestly seemed to be out of the context of our earlier posts to me. Made me scratch my head and wonder why you'd be judging what we were posting in that way.

Ah, you guys are gettin' too deep for me, think I'll sign off. Before I go, can someone direct me to a thread where they talk about cheeseburgers, sex, football, model airplanes or golf. Anything BUT religion, racism, the war, George Bush, Nancy Pelosi, Britney Spears or Anna Nicole. BTW, the Drs. office called this morning. My surgery is scheduled for 4/30.

airwayman: Woo, hoo!! Great that you have a date scheduled!! Congrats~!

I don't blame you for trotting off. It gets pretty deep here sometimes.

I'll talk about chee-bugers and Pessi-cola, sex and golf, but you can forget football and model airplanes! How about interior decor or art? Hmmm. Maybe we can just settle on sex. :)

I'll talk about chee-bugers and Pessi-cola, sex and golf, but you can forget football and model airplanes! How about interior decor or art? Hmmm. Maybe we can just settle on sex. :)

Okay, but let's compromise. I'll forget the burgers & fries, football and model airplanes if you'll agree to nix the interior decorating and the artsy fartsy stuff. Let's just settle on sex. Next to breathin' and eatin' it's one of my favorite subjects.

Okay, but let's compromise. I'll forget the burgers & fries, football and model airplanes if you'll agree to nix the interior decorating and the artsy fartsy stuff. Let's just settle on sex. Next to breathin' and eatin' it's one of my favorite subjects.

Man.. this tread gets better and better every day.....