Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Ahh, let's see what side am I on? Well, first, I love women...have since I was about 4 and discovered the good lookin' neighbor lady wore perfume and had mucho curves. As the Confederate Railroad song says "I like my women just a little on the trashy side....too much makeup too much rouge...get's me excited and kinda confused." Guess that leaves me out of the gay side. Besides, I couldn't stand to touch another man's whiskery face...yuk. I don't go to church but I am a believer. BTW, it's CHRISTMAS AND EASTER. Does that make me a conservative? Don't mind gays, it's their thingie, none of my bees wax. I believe in a woman's right to choose. Does that make me a liberal? I hate the war in Iraq but can't imagine where we'd be if Saddham was still sittin' on the throne. Guess I'm in the middle. I love my wife and have never cheated on her. She's my best buddy and we've been together for 35 years. What does that make me? Unusual?

I love my wife and have never cheated on her. She's my best buddy and we've been together for 35 years. What does that make me? Unusual?

No....priceless.

airwayman- Welcome to the club of happily married elder bandsters. I have a sneaking suspicion that we are not really as much in the minority that some might think we are.

Great observation kity! Nothing like a poorly thought out bigoted sounding post to bring out the best in folks!!!

Your either sexual or your celibate, and it's no ones business either way!

I was celibate.............until the first Friday night after I got my driver's license. That was 43 years ago. I know some of you will beat me up over this but we'd been tacitly planning it for almost a year. I went off to college, she married a friend of mine. A couple years later I met my future wife at the airport baggage claim. I wouldn't change the outcome for all the tea in China. Neither would my old flame.

I was celibate.............until the first Friday night after I got my driver's license. That was 43 years ago. I know some of you will beat me up over this but we'd been tacitly planning it for almost a year. I went off to college, she married a friend of mine. A couple years later I met my future wife at the airport baggage claim. I wouldn't change the outcome for all the tea in China. Neither would my old flame.

I knew there was a good reason I won't let my granddaughter leave the house when a boy is driving!

I knew there was a good reason I won't let my granddaughter leave the house when a boy is driving!

You are a very wise grandmother. There's a squirrel in my backyard that has been trying to get on the bird feeder for two years. Everytime he gets close, I trim off the encroaching branch from one of the surrounding trees. He never gives up, ever, he keeps looking for another way, testing all the new branches. The other day I looked out the back window and there he was, hanging on the feeder upside down stuffing his cheeks with sunflower seeds. Those young boys are just like my squirrel, they won't give up, ever. Your job, as a caring grandmother, is to make sure you weed out the bad squirrels. Your granddaughter is too young to know the difference between a bad squirrel and a good one. That's where you come in. Trust me, it's worth the effort.

Right now, my granddaughter only likes bad squirrels. I'm keeping her locked up until she learns to appreciate nerdy squirrels.

Right now, my granddaughter only likes bad squirrels. I'm keeping her locked up until she learns to appreciate nerdy squirrels.

There is hope. I married the antithesis of everything I was once attracted to.

Why is that??? What in the world do women of all ages see in these Ne'er-do-well, lazy, liars? I can't tell you how many women I've known in my life that fell for absolute jerks when there were tons of sensible men around. The more they lie, them the cheat, the more they disappoint, the more some women fall for them. Amazing.

Reminds me of the joke about the two young gals that went to the zoo and were standing next to the gorilla exhibit. All of a sudden this huge gorilla sticks his hand through the cage and grabs one of the gals. He beats the crap out of her, throws her up against the wall, stomps on her and savagely rapes her a couple of times before zookeepers can drag her out of the cage. Ambulance comes and takes her to the hospital where she's place in ICU. Finally, several days later they allow her friend to visit her. There are wires and tubes stuck in her everywhere, monitors, bandages, etc. Her face is bruised and her eyes are almost swollen shut. She murmurs something. Her friend listens closely to the garbled words...."he never calls, he don't write......"

airwayman: That's a funny joke I heard many moon ago but had forgotten~!

Loved your squirrel analogy. Perfect.

I've listened to the Likeus (sp) radio show (L.A. based, I believe) from time to time and I'm always shocked by it, but unfortuntely, he's usually spot on about women falling for bad boys.

Wheet: I too chose the wrong dudes until marrying the current antithesis of myself. We've been married 33 years. I'm still a little bored with his conservative ways from time to time, but I wouldn't trade my rock of Gibralter for one of those shiftless, no-good squirrels I used to date!

airwayman:

I'm still a little bored with his conservative ways from time to time, but I wouldn't trade my rock of Gibralter for one of those shiftless, no-good squirrels I used to date!

Yeah, I've been married to my rockette for 35 years. I was engaged twice before I met her. Both times, the gals got tired of me; the first one got tired of waiting because I wouldn't marry her until I graduated from college. The second one just got tired of looking at me. Both gave me the ring back but broke my heart. I'm not the most religious guy in the world but, looking back, I thank God every night I never married either one of those bitches. Then two years later, I absolutely hit the nail on the head. No one is perfect but my wife comes damn close to being the perfect mate for me...and I thank God.

airwayman: Congratulations! Having gone through those two errors in judgment prepared you to fully appreciate your rockette as much as I'm sure she deserves.

I wasn't so fortunate. I married an ego-driven egocentric self-serving self-centered (did I mention that he only thought of himself?) ass, at age 19. I knew immediately what a mistake I'd made, but absolutely couldn't face failure and stuck with him for as long as I could. For the first two years, I worked my butt off to put him through college - school of architecture. The second year we were married, he refused to take the requisite 15 hrs. to keep his college deferment status with the draft, and only took 14. He said the engineering courses were just too hard to take any more hours that term. He got his "greetings" letter and was drafted just after the semester ended. He went to Viet Nam and I stupidly agreed to try to get pregnant just before he left because he begged me, saying that he wouldn't have any legacy if he died in Viet Nam. I bought it hook line and sinker... in my own defense, didn't we all have some heavy emotional stuff about the men going to Viet Nam? Unfortunately, it turned out that he wanted me preggers so I wouldn't leave him. Once he returned from Nam, our boy was a about 3 mos. old, and the same old routine began again. I stayed for almost another year (a total of 4) and finally got the gumption to face up to my two huge mistakes.

So, in spite of everything, stupidity notwithstanding, I found the "real" thing 4 years later. Thank God too. First egomanical spouse refused to pay regular child support and he was thousands in arrears (at a whopping $85 per month) by the time I married current DH. He agreed to allow DH to adopt the boy so he wouldn't be required to pay the back child support. (Seriously!) So current DH adopted my son and he's been DS's rock all these years too. I have no doubt though that at 19, if I had met my current DH at the same time I met my first DH, I still would have chosen the suave, debonaire, fabulously good-looking asshole instead of the brilliant, thoughtful, athletic, responsible man who is now my entire family's rock of Gibralter and our all-around hero.

I got married to a musician when I was 22 and we split up 5 years later. Then I spent a period of time trying on a number of men before I met my better half. He is a guy that I would have overlooked when I was younger: too quiet, and not as well-educated as I am.

Sometimes a grrl has to kiss a lot of toads before she gets it right.....:tired