Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

airwayman: You're definitely cute! Gotta love a man who appreciates women. You obviously do and I for one find that very attractive! *Batting eyes, flutter, flutter* And far more interesting than one of the more offensive, sexist right wingers on another thread.

Who knew this anonymous stuff could be so much fun?

airwayman: You're definitely cute! Gotta love a man who appreciates women. You obviously do and I for one find that very attractive! *Batting eyes, flutter, flutter* And far more interesting than one of the more offensive, sexist right wingers on another thread.

Who knew this anonymous stuff could be so much fun?

Hey BJean and Green, you're both my kinda gals. Green, I love your comment...just look at your equipment, if it gets you excited, you're gay! Hah, no books, no Ph.Ds, no therapists. Only problem is some people like both types. Now, that's double dippin' and downright piggy. Pick one or the other and leave the rest for others.

Thanks BJean, for the comment above. Yes, I really like women. I have many men friends and men hobbies but I really prefer to talk to women, always have. I like to walk through the perfume department of a big store. I like to pass by Victoria's Secret and see all the lacy stuff (but it can get hung up in your teeth). I like women with earrings, nail polish, toe polish, fancy shoes, lipstick, makeup and cute hairdos. My biggest downfall? Boobs. I'm addicted to them. Sorry if that turns you gals off but they are just plain sexy. I like a nice set of legs and a rounded booty but boobs are my favorite. How'd we get off on this anyway? I'm really just a normal man. Yes, some men are asexual. I have a couple of friends that have almost no interest in sex. Both of their wives have let it slip to my wife that their husbands make love to them maybe every three months. Maybe. If that's the norm, then I'm not normal.

Originally posted by marjon9

Don't forget, my son, all you have to do is "choose" to be attracted to women.

Hmm, ok. Been there, tried that. Got two kids out of it. Won't go back. Maybe one day I'll spill the whole story, but here's the gist of it: I was raised Southern Baptist, so even though I'd known all my life that I was Gay, I tried everything possible to be Str8, including getting married and having kids. My ex-wife turned out to be a psycho bitch so I divorced her to keep my kids safe (not because I was Gay, just to clarify). Nine months after the divorce was final I decided to quit playing "the game." I came out and started dating men. A year or so later I met DH and we've been together ever since. In fact, Monday was nine years. We're going to New England/New York for vacation next spring and he asked me to marry him in Massachusetts :sleep(the only state where same-sex marriage is legal). I told him I'd have to check my calendar and get back to him. Don't want to come across as easy, you know...

Hmm, ok. Been there, tried that. Got two kids out of it. Won't go back. Maybe one day I'll spill the whole story, but here's the gist of it: I was raised Southern Baptist, so even though I'd known all my life that I was Gay, I tried everything possible to be Str8, including getting married and having kids. My ex-wife turned out to be a psycho bitch so I divorced her to keep my kids safe (not because I was Gay, just to clarify). Nine months after the divorce was final I decided to quit playing "the game." I came out and started dating men. A year or so later I met DH and we've been together ever since. In fact, Monday was nine years. We're going to New England/New York for vacation next spring and he asked me to marry him in Massachusetts :sleep(the only state where same-sex marriage is legal). I told him I'd have to check my calendar and get back to him. Don't want to come across as easy, you know...

Why don't you get married in a semi-exotic foreign country? Canada has legalized same sex marriage and the U.S. version of Queer as Folk was shot in my home town, Toronto. In fact that is the same neighbourhood where our Pride parade ends up turning into a giant street festival. The Pride parade has become a big deal in Toronto; around 3 quarters of a million people turn up for the parade. Many more people are interested in the Pride festivities than in the jazz festival which runs concurrently.

I'd known all my life that I was Gay

Ok, we got the Gay part down. Now if you're also liberal and an atheist, that would make you the first one on this thread, which initially stated that "a good portion" of people posing on this forum were homosexual liberal atheists.

I only have two out of the three requirements...

Why don't you get married in a semi-exotic foreign country? Canada has legalized same sex marriage and the U.S. version of Queer as Folk was shot in my home town, Toronto. In fact that is the same neighbourhood where our Pride parade ends up turning into a giant street festival. .

OH MY GOD! I LOVE THAT SHOW! I was REAAALLY bummed when it came to an end & wasn't REAL thrilled with the ending but it could have been worse I guess. The Toronto episode was one of my favs.

I'd known all my life that I was Gay

Ok, we got the Gay part down. Now if you're also liberal and an atheist, that would make you the first one on this thread, which initially stated that "a good portion" of people posing on this forum were homosexual liberal atheists.

I only have two out of the three requirements...

Loser!!!

:hurt

Only two of three?

Guess I can't talk, I have one of three.

My ex-wife turned out to be a psycho bitch so I divorced her
Hence gays are a threat to the American family. Because, you know, we'd much rather see married people stay together and be miserable, than divorce and be happy, and you gays know divorce is a homosexual institution... 4 years in "gay" is like a lifetime in "hetero"...

Eddie: Congratulations on your successful relationship and possible engagement to be married!!

Let me ask you a question since it's been discussed elsewhere (or maybe even here) about whether Gay people are born that way. You say pretty much that you were (born Gay), but that you tried to deny it and went so far as to lead a "conventional" life for some years. A bandster who posts regularly said that her experience has been that gay people can either abstain from sex altogether or turn their lives into "conventional" and acceptable (by the religious right) ones, if they turn to God and pray and get counseling, etc.

I'm pretty sure I read an earlier post of yours that stated you are a Christian, right? So did you try counseling and prayer to overcome your gayness? Because this other poster says it sure can be done successfully and she knows people who have done it.

I may have you mixed up with someone else and if I do please ignore my questions. But many of us regular posters took issue with her claims that people can be in God's and the church's good graces if only they'd turn in that direction and get the help they need to turn away from homosexuality.

OH MY GOD! I LOVE THAT SHOW! I was REAAALLY bummed when it came to an end & wasn't REAL thrilled with the ending but it could have been worse I guess. The Toronto episode was one of my favs.

Yeah, I really loved the Folk, too, and was bummed when it ended.:cry Now I watch the L Word.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Toronto episode but the truth is that the entire series was shot here. I have been in a couple of those bars with friends of mine. :biggrin1: One of them used to serve a fabulous Sunday breakfast.:hungry:

I thought "Queer as Folk" was an extremely refreshing story line - it seemed honest and it taught me a whole lot about gays and the problems and emotions they have to deal with. It got a tad raunchy sometimes, but it certainly was as much or more interesting to me as watching two chicks make out. We're exposed to that so often that I believe the younger generation of girls is going to grow up thinking that if they DON'T do a little one on one with another girl, there's something wrong with them.

I'm the opposite of airwayman. I like men in the same way he likes women. I enjoy looking at them, talking to them, laughing with them and experiencing all manner of personal interaction with them. I'm also like airwayman in that the DH (DW, in his case) is an inhibitor of any of that now, but although he's definitely worth it, I miss knowing lots of guys, and the interaction...:paranoid

A bandster who posts regularly said that her experience has been that gay people can either abstain from sex altogether or turn their lives into "conventional" and acceptable (by the religious right) ones, if they turn to God and pray and get counseling, etc.

So did you try counseling and prayer to overcome your gayness? Because this other poster says it sure can be done successfully and she knows people who have done it. But many of us regular posters took issue with her claims that people can be in God's and the church's good graces if only they'd turn in that direction and get the help they need to turn away from homosexuality.

Uh, I tried praying to God to overcome my addiction to women....didn't work, I'm still a boob junkie. Seriously, this kind of thinking really bothers me. Why do people have to obstain from sex or turn their lives to God and the church to straighten (no pun intended) them out? How 'bout all the pediphile priests? You remember those despicable humans, the ones who queered thousands and thousands of little boys and ruined them emotionally for life. How about the hundreds of millions of dollars these bastards cost the Catholic church. Beautiful churches and diocese that were hundreds of years old, declaring bankrupcy because priests were having sex with scared little boys. Are the men going to heaven because they all prayed for forgiveness? Because God forgives anyone who gives their life to Christ, confesses their sins and promises not to fondle little boys penises ever again? If two gays live together and are responsible law abiding citizens of the community when they die are they going to hell because they didn't "turn their lives around?" But if a priest who fondled many an alter boy says "I'm sorry God" he gets to go to heaven. I don't believe that for one second. LIVE AND LET LIVE.

While religion can be such a comfort, it also has been the cause of so much grief and suffering.

Why can't people just let other people live and worship as they want?

The world would be a much better place if people just stopped getting outraged just because another person doesn't believe the way they do.