Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Out. What Were U Eating?

Try some cottage cheese or cream cheese they have a higher Protein count then yogurt...try some black Beans or re fried beans...liverwurst if you like that and fish, easy to digest! Too early for all that acid on your new stomach kid!!!

I'm not sure but I think the Greek yogurt has a higher protein count than cottage cheese. My 4oz container of Greek yogurt has 15 grams of protein. Of course it's high in carbs though. I think my single servings of cottage cheese are only about 6 grams protein. What would you do with the cream cheese since Bagels are obviously out of the question?

Could you put cream cheese on very thin slices of turkey and roll. Good Protein, would just have to chew well.

Sounds like a plan...Are you eating reduced fat cottage cheese..At this point there is no need of that..you are geared to lose weight at this time...Go for the real stuff nothing sugar free or low in calories..you can't consume enough to make you gain weight from food...

I'm frustrated as I've been at a stall for 1.5 weeks. I know in my head it will start up again but I think it's PTSD from all my years of dieting. I know I not drinking enough Water but it does not sit well.

I am 19 days post op and still on the full liquid phase. My doctor does not want me to start the puree phase until 4 weeks. This is killing me. I am so nauseated still and trying to force down any Protein Shake, broth, even Water is a huge production. I feel I am slipping into the dehydrated side, something I have so desperately tried to stay away from thus far.

I was on the nausea patch but was taken off of it 3 days ago. At my post op appointment, due to side effetcts it was causing me. I was also just put on protonix for acid/ ulcers 3 days ago with high hopes of it helping my nausea. It hasn't. I am popping zofran melt tabs every 8 hours and the dreaded phenergan suppositories with out much relief either.

Don't know how much more of this I can take. I am starting to be a real burden on my family. My poor husband took his vacation to take care of me after surgery and is now back to work. We have a 4 and 2 yr old and I feel like I just left the hospital.

I know there is light at the end of the tunnel but at this point I regret not being able to loose the weight on my own and hate what I am putting my family through and how I feel.

So frustrated and sick to my stomach. I could cry, in fact, I am.

19 days feels like eternity when you are feeling unwell :-( The first thing to do is take a deep breath and try to let go of the stress you are feeling. And the guilt. It just makes the situation feel worse.

Not being able to keep things down in the first weeks is relatively normal. I found I could drink ice cold milk, but not much else. One of the ladies who had her op the same day as me was able to eat toast 2 weeks out! Toast!!! When I could not keep down Water. So, our recovery rates are all different.

Take little tiny sips. This took me ages to master! In fact, I broke the dreaded "straw" rule, and found that if I sucked through a straw I was able to take much smaller sips and thus did not puke as much. Check with your doctor first, but that might help.

There is light at the end of the tunnel :-) And if it were possible for us to lose weight without the sleeve, we all would have done it.

Big hug to you! You will feel better every day.

I agree, I used a straw early on because I could control the amount. Hang in there, I was really frustrated until about week 8, it's been better since.

I am in my third week. I started purées Friday evening. I am eating 2Tb. So far Breakfast has been half a baby bel cheese wedge, lunch 2Tb humus, and dinner last night was 2Tb refried Beans.

I love Brussels Sprouts! Unfortunately, they won't stay down yet!!

I am 3 weeks out and eating soft foods like cottage cheese, yogurt, ricotta cheese, meatballs, retried Beans w/ sour cream. I ate a few grilled shrimp today and I am so over Protein shakes...they make me gag! I am definitely not drinking enough water....trying hard just never liked it.

I'm 3 weeks post and having a hard time drinking my Protein. I get it down no problem, but have diarrhea within 30 minutes. I'm getting plenty of Water (not dehydrated). Is this normal? Will it get better when I move on to more solid foods?

I am 19 days post op and still on the full liquid phase. My doctor does not want me to start the puree phase until 4 weeks. This is killing me. I am so nauseated still and trying to force down any Protein Shake, broth, even Water is a huge production. I feel I am slipping into the dehydrated side, something I have so desperately tried to stay away from thus far. I was on the nausea patch but was taken off of it 3 days ago. At my post op appointment, due to side effetcts it was causing me. I was also just put on protonix for acid/ ulcers 3 days ago with high hopes of it helping my nausea. It hasn't. I am popping zofran melt tabs every 8 hours and the dreaded phenergan suppositories with out much relief either. Don't know how much more of this I can take. I am starting to be a real burden on my family. My poor husband took his vacation to take care of me after surgery and is now back to work. We have a 4 and 2 yr old and I feel like I just left the hospital. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel but at this point I regret not being able to loose the weight on my own and hate what I am putting my family through and how I feel. So frustrated and sick to my stomach. I could cry, in fact, I am.

I'm SO sympathetic to what you're going through. I had my surgery on 12/17, and still am exhausted. My poor husband asked me today "when will I get my wife back?" I threw up from drinking too much water in one sitting twice in the past few days, and it was heartbreaking having my 8 year old daughter (I have three kids) hovering over me, rubbing my back, and asking if I was going to be ok. I just keep telling them (and myself!) it will get better and once I'm better, I'll be better than ever. PM me if you feel like talking more.

Any suggestions for vegan 3weeks out of surgery? I seem to not tolerate dairy, or meat prodycts well.

I was vegan for a long time, and I'm a chef. I'd guess trial and error for vegan foods; trying to find what works. There a pea Protein Shake that you can buy single packs of at health food stores. It tastes great to me. Tofu (grilled, in smoothies, chopped into vegetable stock), unsweetened Peanut Butter (ooh! Maybe mixed with silken tofu to smooth it out, with stevia added?!), Beans, beans, beans. Soy milk "shakes" (add cocoa powder, vanilla, stevia, ice...). Field roast, if soft enough. Soy cheese (Trader Joe's makes an awesome soy American cheese). You can top tofurkey (or other meat sub) with a vegetable gravy. In a pan, melt earth balance spread with an equal amount of flour, cook on medium high for a minute or two, add vegetable stock and bring to a boil until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper. OK, I'll stop now!