Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Out. What Were U Eating?

My doc said I could have pureed meats and veg and cottage cheese etc 2 weeks after surgery. But I couldn't keep it down. So I reverted back to Protein Shakes for a week or two (three!). Had some minced beef yesterday, which was great, and some porridge for Breakfast today. Tried another portion of minced meat today, but it felt really uncomfortable and I got the slimes. Progress is much slower than I expected it to be, but that's because I had WRONG expectations!!! Becoming more patient by the day... :-)

Totally not cool! This whole thing is such an adventure.

One day at a time Abigal. It gets better every day and before you know it you have your "new normal" and life just ticks on.

I'm 19 days out and already on soft foods! So glad too. Broths were good but couldn't stomach the Protein Shakes and cream soups! Had difficulty getting all the Protein, thank goodness Walmart has protein in shot tubes! 42grams per vial. Love it!!

I'm 3.5 weeks out and just experimenting with soft food. Yogurt is good and oatmeal. Also tried mashed and sweat potatoe. For me it's the portion. 1/4-1/3 c. That's it. My mind says more because it miss the taste.

I'm on day 24 & I'm supposed to be on puréed food but I just try to ear whatever is soft & I will chop it up really small and add chicken broth if necessary. I'm finding it hard to get it all the Protein they ask & I'm trying not to obsess over it. I can't do anymore Protein shakes.

I'm wondering if I will ever feel "normal" again when eating. Like not bloated. Or uncomfortable. It's so frustrating.

I have found that it totally depends. I did what you did above with some ground beef the family was eating but it was still too dry. Chili with ground beef seems fine.

I'm guessing we will get used to it with time.

The full/bloated feeling for me starts after just a few bites. I too wonder if meals will ever not cause anxiety. Some days I simply do not want to eat because very little us eaten without some "icky" gut feeling.

The full/bloated feeling for me starts after just a few bites. I too wonder if meals will ever not cause anxiety. Some days I simply do not want to eat because very little us eaten without some "icky" gut feeling.

At first it is all compounded by the fact that all of a sudden you are on your own and dealing with this new surgery and the fear that you are never going to get it right. Will the icky feeling in your gut go away..YES it will...There will come a time when you will be able to eat almost anything and will have to watch everything you eat..How much and look at labels...

I just said to my hubby at lunch that I don't have any problem now knowing exactly what to eat..I know when it is not the right thing and I know how to fix it...

Soon your stomach will heal and relax a little and you will not feel the way you do now...Enjoy the honeymoon feeling for now as you go along in this journey it will get harder and harder to deal with the head issues....which will directly affect your progress.....

It is a long journey that will last your lifetime and it is very rewarding you will see...... :)

RJ's how far out are you? Thanks for the brighter outlook.

I was 1 year on Nov. 6th..176 lbs. down and counting! :)

I'm just about 3 weeks out. I eat a lot of vanilla Greek yogurt, premier ready to drink Protein Shakes, blended chicken salad, Taco Bell pintos and cheese, ricotta with a little Ragu and Parmesan nuked for 2 min, Tomato soup.... Well almost any Soup. sugar free pudding, skinny cow truffle bars, chicken or turkey meatballs blended finely, oatmeal, scrambled eggs w cheese.... I'm pretty sick of the sweet stuff and sick of having to wash my blended several times a day. Planning meals for work is a pain in the butt. I do the pintos and cheese several times a week because it's easy and no mess! I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cooking.

I'm just about 3 weeks out. I eat a lot of vanilla Greek yogurt, premier ready to drink Protein shakes, blended chicken salad, Taco Bell pintos and cheese, ricotta with a little Ragu and Parmesan nuked for 2 min, Tomato soup.... Well almost any Soup. sugar free pudding, skinny cow truffle bars, chicken or turkey meatballs blended finely, oatmeal, scrambled eggs w cheese.... I'm pretty sick of the sweet stuff and sick of having to wash my blended several times a day. Planning meals for work is a pain in the butt. I do the pintos and cheese several times a week because it's easy and no mess! I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cooking.

Holy mollie...I can't believe that you can handle tomatoes of any kind..At 3 weeks I was still on fluids....Be very careful with the Beans too.....Wow you must have a great stomach.....

Holy mollie...I can't believe that you can handle tomatoes of any kind..At 3 weeks I was still on fluids....Be very careful with the Beans too.....Wow you must have a great stomach.....

ya, me and my stomach have been through a lot together. So by handling tomatoes, do you mean because they're acidic? I do feel the effects of that a little but I take my ppi everyday so it's not caused me a problem. And of course I take in very small amounts of any of it and very slowly. I am so thankful that my clinic said I could progress to puréed after 10-14 days because I was STARVING and it was definetly not head hunger. But I've been taking it really slow and introducing foods one at a time. I'd say for the most part I'm still relying on the shakes and Greek yogurt just because it's easy and readily available.

Try some cottage cheese or cream cheese they have a higher Protein count then yogurt...try some black Beans or re fried beans...liverwurst if you like that and fish, easy to digest!

Too early for all that acid on your new stomach kid!!!

Tomatoes sounds very rough 3 weeks out. oatmeal and Greek yogurt is a stretch. I ate 1/2 slice of frozen pizza though today. Chewed well. Boy did it taste good. Basically no meat yet although I'm supposed to be able to start thin sliced lunch meat this week