Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got A Little Cocky With My Sleeve Today

Ok. Had olive garden salmon yesterday. 1/2 piece no basting oil. Reheated today for lunch. Oh boy. Does not feel good. I don't know if I ate too fast. Grrrr

learning be a good thing...

whadya learn???

Sleeved 10/17/13

I've had to "spit up" 2-3 times from eating too fast.

I don't get the "heave" feeling like when you vomit. It was more like a "chunky burp".

Still, I didn't like it.

I can eat pretty much anything. I just have to goooooo sllloooow, and that's not always easy.

A chunky burp that gets stuck LOL! Worst thing ever. Then your tummy is sour for a few hours.. bleh!

I get that feeling a lot because I have trouble eating slow. So far I've managed to keep the food down and not spit up but I fear that it may happen. Its frustrating when your eating something hot and you have to eat slow. By the time I'm ready for the next bite, the food has gone cold.

I am 2 months out and I have been so careful to not experience that but the other day I had a Protein shake and had really mixed it well so it was frothy. I drank it and then the froth started creeping up my throat...weirdest experience ever!!!

I tried that Olive Garden Salmon could only eat 1/3 of it and next day gave the rest to my honey. I just did not like the taste. Maybe it was not the amount but the bad tasting, salty, salmon they served.

I find that there are some food that are good at the first time, but get too dry or something when reheated. I take a bite or two of it reheated and I can tell it's going to cause problems. That's happened to me several times and I ended up giving the rest of my leftovers to my boyfriend.

This is my first week on full solids and it has been a major challenge to eat dime sized bites slowly. I'm so used to eating quickly so that I can get back to work or so that others won't see me eating and judge me. I had to force the 2 to 3 ounces to come up about 7x's since last Friday. Ugh not fun at all. Steamed Salmon seems to be the worst of all the food that I can't keep down.

This is probably what I'm most nervous about going back to work! I have a 30 min lunch break and 3-15 min breaks for my 12 hour shift. If I end up sick at work I will automatically get sent home because I work in the food industry.

And a bit cocky tonite too....pizza toppings no bread. Delist but a lead weight for an hour and a half! Learning this the hard way some times!

Oh man sounds like me! I tried very small piece meatloaf and it felt like swallowing a cactus !!!

You know that feeling you get if you swallow something that goes down wrong??? That kind of hurt!!!!!

everybody does this... once... but do learn from this. Let's help the sleeve, y'all!!! Or " if at first you don't succeed, try, try again... then quit. No use to be a damn fool."

This thread makes me nervous my sleeve is defective.. I'm 13 days post op, and have started eating soft food to slowly transition because next week I'm allowed to have chicken (chewed a million times). So I decided to try a scrambled egg, nothing added and i eat it with chopsticks to make sure i only take small bites, to get my sleeve use to something a little fuller. I have also tried watermelon (again, chewed to mush) and so far... I have yet to feel that full feeling! I stop myself before I get there cause I feel like too much is going in and I don't want to hurt myself or stretch my sleeve but I know I'm able to eat more than most the people here who can only eat a few bites at a time!!

Mouse, I have the same experience, especially with scrambled eggs. I don't know why. Keep it to one or two eggs and just stop. You might feel full eventually. (I'm four weeks out.)

Also, your nerve endings are probably still healing so you may not have that full feeling yet.