Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2013 Sleevers Roll call!

Ugh. Haven't been able to exercise. Sprained sacroiliac joint. Ugh ugh ugh. Last 2 weeks of total pain. Hopefully exercising soon!

Hi All Surgery Date - 10/30 HW -228 SW -215 CW -203 Really struggling to get all the Protein drinks down. Feel like I am drinking all day and barely making a dent in the 80 grams doc says I need. Any suggestions?

Find a high Protein Drink that you can tolerate (isopure RTD arctic grape is my flavor (which says a lot because I hate most)- 40g in 20oz), set an alarm clock for every 5 minutes for an hour. Take a sip (as large as tolerated) each time alarm goes off... It will be done in 1-1.5hrs, guaranteed! Do that 2x a day and you are set- more than halfway to fluid goals and 100% at protein goals :)

It helped me a lot when on liquid only diet and I had no interest in drinking/eating... Now that I'm on soft foods, I'm finding it a little more challenging to get it in with food... Will probably try to do 1 Isopure a day and eat the rest in "real" food!

10/22/13

Weight at first surgeons visit on August 15: 250

Weight at surgery: 240

Weight at one week post op: 233

Weight today 11/11/13: 220

I also was sleeved on 10/23/13. I am healing up well and going back to work this week. I am so grateful to be on the pureed phase! I started out at 311 and now I am 282. I only weigh myself on Wednesday mornings. I think to much scale hopping can be detrimental to your mind set. I try to follow the 10 Commandments of Bariatric Surgery and remember I am doing this to be healthier not a super model,,,lol.

I was sleeved on 10/23/2013 hospitalized twice after for dehydration. 11/11/2013 still had bad vomiting all day Sunday. Dr, advised sometimes everyone heals different and some longer then others. have a hard time getting my Protein Shakes down. still on liquids. Have a dr appt tomorrow. hope all goes okay, if not will be admitted just to hydrate myself. So not enjoying this experience. I have lost 34lbs. hope it gets better.

I also was sleeved on 10/23/13. I am healing up well and going back to work this week. I am so grateful to be on the pureed phase! I started out at 311 and now I am 282. I only weigh myself on Wednesday mornings. I think to much scale hopping can be detrimental to your mind set. I try to follow the 10 Commandments of Bariatric Surgery and remember I am doing this to be healthier not a super model,,,lol.

We are so parallel right now good job on your progress. I also only weigh on Wednesday morn. I am just happy to not be on 11 diff meds and am looking forward to being able to see my feet when I look down not lookin to look like Tyra banks either.

I was sleeved on 10/23/2013 hospitalized twice after for dehydration. 11/11/2013 still had bad vomiting all day Sunday. Dr, advised sometimes everyone heals different and some longer then others. have a hard time getting my Protein Shakes down. still on liquids. Have a dr appt tomorrow. hope all goes okay, if not will be admitted just to hydrate myself. So not enjoying this experience. I have lost 34lbs. hope it gets better.

I'm sad to hear your going through that I hope it gets better really soon for you. I feel borderline dehydrated on top of that I have this nasty cold it's been a week and I just can't seem to shake this. I usually would be sick for maybe two days but never this long it's like my immune system has changed since surgery and so has my period...I feel like an alien????

Hi I'm Laura 23 from NJ Surgery day October 21st HW - 372 SW - 359 CW - 342 **30lbs gone forever** Pre op - I was on three blood pressure medications & a potassium meds Post op - I'm on two blood pressure medications & potassium meds My blood pressure been so great better than when I was on the three blood pressure meds all together they want me to keep an eye out for if I feel dizzy because if I do my blood pressure may be too low & I may need to get off one of my blood pressure meds(which would be sweet). Thanks for reading

Thanks wonderful progress!!! I love to hear the good stuff

I was sleeved on 10/23/13. I went through Kaiser Permanente, which required me to attend what was called the Options Program once per week for 12 weeks. The program really prepared me to continue my weight loss journey. My starting weight on the first day of Options was 318. During the 12 weeks, I lost 27 pounds. I met with my surgeon on 9/5/13 and we decided on a surgery date of 10/23/13. My surgeon wanted me to lose an additional 7 pounds prior to surgery and put me on a 1 week liquid diet prior to surgery date.

Surgery: 10/23/13

Weight on day of surgery: 275

Current Weight: 259

Checking in! My surgery was 10/8/13, so I'll be 5 weeks post-op tomorrow (11/12).

Stats:

Start Weight: 246.4

Day of Surgery: 224

Today: 197.8

Goal: 125

Loss Since Surgery: 26.2

Overall Loss: 48.6

I'm feeling pretty good overall. The first few weeks were really tough, but I'm on soft foods now and I have more energy and just feel better. Getting all my Protein and fluids in every day has been a big challenge, but I'm getting better. I struggle a lot with eating too fast, no matter how slow it feels like I'm eating. My food feels like it's stuck in my throat and then I can't do anything until it clears, which is usually a couple hours later. I'm getting better at knowing my limitations, but am still working on eating slower. So far I haven't had any aversions to food or liquids, but I did lose my sweet tooth. I think it's all the protein drinks! The super sweet flavors are all gross to me now.

I joined a gym last week. I'm not cleared for stomach exercises yet, but I've been walking on the treadmill. My 6 week appointment is on Nov. 20th and I'm hopeful I can add more exercise after then.

I feel very positive about the experience, even if every day isn't easy.

Okay. It seems like it happened to me right when the dreaded "3rd week stall" happens. So I'm not sure. But my weight has actually gone up another lb. It's crazy. I'm hardly eating anything. Weird. I'll def. keep you updated.

I had the same thing happen to me! Glad I'm not alone. I went up a pound... stayed there for 5 days, now today I finally lost that pound! Hope it keeps coming off again. It's such a great motivator!