Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FUSTERATED..........(:

It's been eight months since surgery and in the past 3 1/2 months I have not lost a pounds I'm actually gaining (2lbs) what am I doing wrong? Or what can I do to break that stall PLEASE HELP

can you please share your total calories, Protein gms and carbs, how much Water you are drinking and whether you are eating stuff you don't think you should be?

Great reply Sonya139, I just watched that earlier and it made sense.

For my Breakfast I usually have a yogurt and my shake with 30 grams of Protein for lunch I'm eating a 1/4 of a sandwich and two string cheese by the way my sandwich has /tomato lettuce cheese and alittle mayo ..in between those two meals i drink at least a liter of water...for dinner I will hardly eat just a Cereal with alittle granola and that's it I've been trying to drink all the Water I'm suppose to there is days I don't think I drink enough but try . This is usually my regular meals of the day I walk a lot but no other extercise.. Sometimes on weekend I will have a Cookies but I hardly have a carbs I can't tolerate sweets but anyways hopefully u have a idea on what I need to change in my eating thanks

Sounds like carbs.

Sounds like carbs.

Holy Moly, look at you! 177 lbs in 9 months. That's awesome.

Thanks!

I'm rooting for you - that stall will end soon!

For my breakfast I usually have a yogurt and my shake with 30 grams of Protein for lunch I'm eating a 1/4 of a sandwich and two string cheese by the way my sandwich has /tomato lettuce cheese and alittle mayo ..in between those two meals i drink at least a liter of Water...for dinner I will hardly eat just a cereal with alittle granola and that's it I've been trying to drink all the Water I'm suppose to there is days I don't think I drink enough but try . This is usually my regular meals of the day I walk a lot but no other extercise.. Sometimes on weekend I will have a Cookies but I hardly have a carbs I can't tolerate sweets but anyways hopefully u have a idea on what I need to change in my eating thanks

How much total Protein do you think you're getting? I'm no expert but I would recommend eating mainly protein at every meal. Your dinner of cereal or granola may need to be replaced with chicken, fish, eggs, cheese, or meat. I would also add more meat to your lunch and skip the bread, and fill up with meat and veggies instead. Perhaps you could wrap your lunch meat in lettuce?

I also think maybe you are eating too few calories. It doesn't sound like enough food which will slow down your metabolism.

Are you tracking your intake with something like myfitnesspal? Many of us are on there and you can see others' diaries and get some ideas as well.

HTH

I concur, you are not really eating an ideal diet. Protein first, green/low carb veggies next... very little fruit and carby type veggies. bread, Pasta and that kinda thing should be rare... if ever.

So I would be looking for these kind of things on the menu:

meat (sandwich meats, fish, shrimp, roast chicken, turkey, costco has some incredibly tasty low carb high Protein chicken and turkey based sausages, etc etc)

greek yogurt - but watch the carbs on some brands! I by a brand called carbmaster that is not as high protein as some, but is low carb

cheese, in modest quantities

eggs (or I often use egg beaters)

lettuce, Tomato, green Beans and other low to moderate carb veggies

Protein drinks - low carb high quality Proteins

berries, but i don't eat alot of other kinds of fruits due to the sugar

you get the drift...

So here is a possible day:

breakfast: small omelette made from frozen bell pepper and onions sauteed with some ham or lean sausage and egg beaters with a little bit of cheese for flavor

Lunch: sandwich meat and maybe a slice of cheese wrapped up in a nice slice of lettuce (lettuce wrap)

snack: Protein Drink

Dinner: salmon with a side of brocoli

evening snack: greek yogurt with some frozen (or fresh!) raspberries or blueberries topped with a little stevia or something. It is amazing and kinda freezes up the yougurt into a dessert like dish

Keep the quantities SMALL! Eat until no longer hungry, don't eat till you are full.

So before somebody calls me a food nazi... I am just telling you what it takes to get to goal. I lost 150 in 14 months, and those last 30# put up a heckofa fight... I had to even give up fairly modest carb Protein Bars because of the carbs. (there are Protein Drinks that are very low carb and I still drink those like the Premier Protein and nectar syntrax).

Even now in maintenance, I might eat like that 5 days a week and do a modified fast 2 days a week where my calories are really restricted. I am just telling you - for some of us, that is what it takes to maintain a normal body weight.

Do you work with a nutritionalist?

Edited by CowgirlJane

I read from others on these forums that granola was a major culprit in sabotaging their weight loss and causing weight gain. I think we are led to believe it's a healthy food but a 1/4 cup has something like 250 calories and tons of carbs.