Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Good for you...perhaps you will be with us on the 11th??

Hoping for the 5th! Doesn't seem like a popular day on the list!

Hubby has to work so I'm hoping for a Thursday so he can take off Thursday and then I can come home Saturday and have him for Sunday as well.

There is a lot of 11th sleevers lol

Ok question what do you drink the barrium for (which test) I'm allergic so just curious.

Ok question what do you drink the barrium for (which test) I'm allergic so just curious.

I think EGD and/or Upper GI.

I haven't been around much lately. Was getting extremely discouraged because my surgery was suppose to be around next week, but the surgeon didn't have any dates available... but he called today and my surgery date is December 4th! I'm excited and terrified at the same time. I've never had any type of surgery before... I'm sure I'll manage though :)

I haven't been around much lately. Was getting extremely discouraged because my surgery was suppose to be around next week, but the surgeon didn't have any dates available... but he called today and my surgery date is December 4th! I'm excited and terrified at the same time. I've never had any type of surgery before... I'm sure I'll manage though :)

Yay! Congrats on finally getting your date! I'm so hoping for the day after you!

Welcome to our December's group! I think there are several on the 4th! I will add you to the list!

You can go ahead and cancel me off your list for December 3rd. I've decided this surgery is not for me at this time. Good luck to all of you!

I think EGD and/or Upper GI.

I've had a scope done for my egd and didn't have to drink barium

You can go ahead and cancel me off your list for December 3rd. I've decided this surgery is not for me at this time. Good luck to all of you!

Good luck to you as well!

I've had a scope done for my egd and didn't have to drink barium

Must just be for the Upper GI then! Good thing we have so many people on here to help answer questions!

Must just be for the Upper GI then! Good thing we have so many people on here to help answer questions!

Well I guess maybe since I'm allergic. They have done the tests differently. I have finished all my tests and just have a chest xray and two more nut appointments.

My docs office said I could have either the Upper GI or the EGD. Seems lke if you've had the EGD, an upper GI wouldn't be necessary. They tell you the same things..

I know if someone told me I could have my surgery this Friday, I would be scared to death and start panicking but right now, I just can't wait!!

I've never been so excited for doctor visits! lol

I get to go Monday to my PCP and I know she will do the EKG and set me up with the EGD. Once that is done, I can pick my date!

Just can't wait to have that camera down my throat! lol (a sentence no one ever said!)

I know if someone told me I could have my surgery this Friday, I would be scared to death and start panicking but right now, I just can't wait!!

I've never been so excited for doctor visits! lol

I get to go Monday to my PCP and I know she will do the EKG and set me up with the EGD. Once that is done, I can pick my date!

Just can't wait to have that camera down my throat! lol (a sentence no one ever said!)

I have just been wanting to get them all done as fast as possible. It didn't seem real until he called with my date :) The EGD was certainly interesting. I opted to not get sedated. They took several biopsies and I felt crampy for a few days after that. The process itself was more nerve wracking than uncomfortable :)

I had to wait until our insurance kicked in to get the EGD done. I didn't want to pay cash for that! I did pay cash to see the surgeon and to get the psych eval. I could have had the surgery in Oct if my husband hadn't switched jobs (however, very glad he did as he LOVES it).

Why did you not get sedated?