Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hi Nona! Thanks for checking in! So did you have an EGD or upper GI?

I can have either but I'm wanting them to test for H. pylori too' date=' so I think I need an EGD for that. Just wondering if you took yourself or if someone went with you? For some reason I thought they put you out for the EGD?[/quote']

I had the EGD. I was put under and the procedure lasted about 15 from when I went under and was awoken. My boyfriend went with me. I have to recommend that you have someone drive you afterwards. The anesthesia takes a while to wear off. I remember being very, very drowsy for hours after. They ask that you don't eat or drink past midnight the night before. Before leaving they handed me a document stating that my esophagus was normal, that they found and removed 1 gastric polyp. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I had the EGD. I was put under and the procedure lasted about 15 from when I went under and was awoken. My boyfriend went with me. I have to recommend that you have someone drive you afterwards. The anesthesia takes a while to wear off. I remember being very, very drowsy for hours after. They ask that you don't eat or drink past midnight the night before. Before leaving they handed me a document stating that my esophagus was normal, that they found and removed 1 gastric polyp. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so much!

Welcome to our group! I'll add you to our list!

Ok, this is what I've come up with for dates. Let me know when you have a solid date and I can update the list!

• Dec 02 Krysta03
  • Dec 02 gaslimgal
  • Dec 02 jess9395
  • Dec 02 Annadette
  • Dec 02 sookie
  • Dec 03 Tasha420
  • Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  • Dec 03 redilla42
  • Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  • Dec 03 kkrose
  • Dec 03 Sinderelly
  • Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 04 Healthbound
  • Dec 04 kledislynn's mommy
  • Dec 05 Blondiee
  • Dec 05 Lioness813
  • Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 06 harleychic
  • Dec 09 De-jo
  • Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  • Dec 09 Sweettart702
  • Dec 09 MShell
  • Dec 09 Carlotta
  • Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  • Dec 11 liciamarie
  • Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  • Dec 11 Only1likeme
  • Dec 11 soul2bleed
  • Dec 11 Volfan
  • Dec 11 dencob1
  • Dec 11 MnWin
  • Dec 12 amills
  • Dec 13 Mommie4
  • Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  • Dec 16 slvrsax
  • Dec 16 elhudge
  • Dec 16 Mfs
  • Dec 17 Shelly70
  • Dec 17 Serenah
  • Dec 18 Sns513
  • Dec 18 Nona337am
  • Dec 18 gemgirl
  • Dec 18 mija1980
  • Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  • Dec 27 Carmen1963
  • Dec 30 elsnanny

No date yet:

• AtlantaRed
  • onedaycloser
  • beansmomma
  • HoustonTexanFan
  • AngiD
  • fpmr96a
  • SueRN
  • Simpley_ke
  • Vixey
  • macman
  • MonisNatural
  • fmpr96a

Ok so I'm 26 and I have a 9 yr old daughter, Azia, (Kledis) and she is my EVERYTHING! My starting weight is 227 I'm 5'2" I have been struggling with my weight my whole life and was diagnosed with PCOS wen I was 20. I've had 3 miscarriages and now my dr is telling me that if I don't do something to get the weight off NOW I'm looking at menopause by 30. So I and going to have my surgery in Mexico with dr almanza

Hi I am having my sleeve done on Dec.6. I am so excited everything is falling into place so I know this is suppose to happen... I fly into San Diego on Dec 5 and surgery At Jerusalem Hospital in Tijuana. Dr Almanza is gonna be my surgeon. The team is sleeve coordinators have been awesome so far.

Hey dec sleevers my surgery is dec 4th yay!!!

Hi I am having my sleeve done on Dec.6. I am so excited everything is falling into place so I know this is suppose to happen... I fly into San Diego on Dec 5 and surgery At Jerusalem Hospital in Tijuana. Dr Almanza is gonna be my surgeon. The team is sleeve coordinators have been awesome so far.

Oh wow, you guys will be there together, won't you??

I am so excited and yet so nervous. I have never flown before and I'm doing this alone and not telling my family just a few trusted friends. I'm sooooo thankful for this thread and all the posts it really has helped ease my mind a little.

Yes we will be there for a couple of days together and I hope to meet you!!! My husband will be with me and neither of us have ever flew. that is our main concern. How many days is your preop diet??

Yeah mine is 5 days also. But the day after Thanksgiving I am gonna start mine and do a 7 day. I already drink unsweeten tea with sweet n low. So the drinks won't bother me... what is gonna get me is no taters and bread. Lol. I sent u my phone number!!!! Awesomeness.

Ok so I'm 26 and I have a 9 yr old daughter, Azia, (Kledis) and she is my EVERYTHING! My starting weight is 227 I'm 5'2" I have been struggling with my weight my whole life and was diagnosed with PCOS wen I was 20. I've had 3 miscarriages and now my dr is telling me that if I don't do something to get the weight off NOW I'm looking at menopause by 30. So I and going to have my surgery in Mexico with dr almanza

im 5'2" as well but my starting weight was 260. I'm now 237 and plan on being 230 by my last appointment!

Hey December friends!

I'm new to this site but I'm glad I've found the support. I will be having surgery December 3rd. I'm excited and nervous!! I enjoy reading everyone's posts. Best of luck to you all!