Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Has anyone started the pre-op liquid diet to "jump start" or will everyone wait for Dr's order?

Lord no! Lol

I will give up sodas in plenty of time (and slowly to avoid the headaches) and I will do a self-imposed 3 day liquid diet prior to surgery, but that's it! lol

I feel afterwards, sticking to the liquid diet should be way different than trying to do it beforehand with the regular sized stomach.

Fortunately I will not have a preop diet. I don't know that I could handle that. I have no fears of following everything strictly afterwards, though. I'm definitely a rule-follower!

Are you planning on starting early or trying to gather opinions before you decide?

I'm getting so impatient !! My things were submitted to my insurance on the 15th and I have called twice this week .. I truly am on edge!! What do you do to take your mind off of it ...

Has anyone started the pre-op liquid diet to "jump start" or will everyone wait for Dr's order?

I started doing a Protein Shake here and there as Breakfast or lunch just to try different brands. I wnated to find out what i liked and didn't before I start. So far not too bad. I've tried a few pre-made ones and bought a jug of powder mix I like. I just didn't want to start it without knowing what i could stomach and couldn't.

I have to do a 15-day preop diet before my surgery - 3 Protein Shakes a day and leafy greens (my favorites! NOT!) Although I dont't need to start it until Nov 15th, I am planning on beginning on November 1st. I've had quite a few "food funerals" so far, and I've said my goodbyes to most of my indulgences and I am nearly ready to just let them go, so I am actually kinda excited for the 1st to come. Of course, I expect I'll feel differently on day 2 or 3, but every pound I lose in November is one less I have to get off in the long run. Plus, I want my liver nice and small so it stays out of the doctor's way! Someone asked earlier if anyone else is self-pay. I'm self pay, heading to Obesity Control Center in TJ with Dr. Ortiz. I see there's a couple of MX ladies and I wonder if anyone else is going to be staying at the TJ Marriott?

I'm going to buy a few different drinks but with so many people saying that the ones they liked before surgery, they didn't like them after surgery, I'm not going to try a bunch.

This is my plan: Unjury chicken broth, an unflavored, some individual Isopure ready to drinks, Premier Protein choclate ready to drink and then some Gatorade. Hopefully, something in that variety will help. I'm hoping that if nothing else, I can do the unflavored powder in the Gatorade.

I'm getting so impatient !! My things were submitted to my insurance on the 15th and I have called twice this week .. I truly am on edge!! What do you do to take your mind off of it ...

I know right now I am super excited and want it done but once November comes, I'll have 2 more tests/appts to do and then I'll host Thanksgiving, so I'll be busy with that. I'll also want to decorate for Christmas because decorations make me happy!

I have to do a 15-day preop diet before my surgery - 3 Protein Shakes a day and leafy greens (my favorites! NOT!) Although I dont't need to start it until Nov 15th, I am planning on beginning on November 1st. I've had quite a few "food funerals" so far, and I've said my goodbyes to most of my indulgences and I am nearly ready to just let them go, so I am actually kinda excited for the 1st to come. Of course, I expect I'll feel differently on day 2 or 3, but every pound I lose in November is one less I have to get off in the long run. Plus, I want my liver nice and small so it stays out of the doctor's way! Someone asked earlier if anyone else is self-pay. I'm self pay, heading to Obesity Control Center in TJ with Dr. Ortiz. I see there's a couple of MX ladies and I wonder if anyone else is going to be staying at the TJ Marriott?

I hear you on the being ready to give stuff up! I am sooo ready too. I haven't had food funerals, just eating the normal stuff but I've been trying to make sure I enjoy it more! I don't even care about Thanksgiving but I'm the only one in my family who can/will host it and we didn't do it last year. Since I recover poorly, I wanted to at least be able to cook the food! So hopefully mine will be the week after!

I feel like I will easily be able to give stuff up as I am sooo ready to get this done and get the weight off!

Hi everyone... I'm hoping that my insurance will approve me for the sleeve... My dr just put in the claim last Friday and were hoping for December 18th!! I can't wait to feel energized and healthy... It'll be tough but I'm up for the challenge... Right now I'm 5'3" and 253... My goal is about 150... I have four kids to keep up with and losing weight will sooo help me!! Good luck to you all!!

Welcome to the group! I will add you to our list tomorrow!

Lord no! Lol I will give up sodas in plenty of time (and slowly to avoid the headaches) and I will do a self-imposed 3 day liquid diet prior to surgery' date=' but that's it! lol I feel afterwards, sticking to the liquid diet should be way different than trying to do it beforehand with the regular sized stomach. Fortunately I will not have a preop diet. I don't know that I could handle that. I have no fears of following everything strictly afterwards, though. I'm definitely a rule-follower! Are you planning on starting early or trying to gather opinions before you decide?[/quote']

I'm really considering starting early after reading a lot of the forums, especially "testing" the right Protein Drinks. My pre-op will require two weeks liquid diet, but feel longer might get me into a solid grove vs. cold turkey!

Besides, this might help avoid all the questions at work, from "inquiring" minds.

Some background...I'm 38 years old 5'4 and 243 lbs. I've got 3 kids (16 years old, 4 years old and 10 month old baby girl)...full time radio account executive so time is really never on my side lol. I've had 2 csections so I'm hoping the recovery/pain won't be as bad. Although I've always been very active and eaten pretty healthy I have always battled my weight. I truly feel like this surgery will help me be the healthier thinner person I've always felt I should be. I'm doing this fir my family and now especially my baby girl. My question us I've spoken to a few people who have had surgery and gave only taken 1-2 weeks off. I see a few people getting approval from work for a leave of absence. How much time are people planning on taking? I've slated 11 days...hoping this is enough. I can work at my desk during recovery. Fingers crossed...lol

Well, that didn't work. Haha. Tried the quote thing. Anyway, my doctor told me 6 weeks, however, said those that sit at a dedk could go back sooner. I'm a nurse so always on my feet. Also, they said it's not all for recovery per se, but for adjusting to the new eating and drinking as well.

I'm 38 years old. 5'5" and currently weigh 217, down from 227. My surgery is scheduled for December 11th with Dr. Schram.

I'm 38 years old. 5'5" and currently weigh 217' date=' down from 227. My surgery is scheduled for December 11th with Dr. Schram.[/quote']

Welcome to the group!