Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hey December friends!

I'm new to this site but I'm glad I've found the support. I will be having surgery December 3rd. I'm excited and nervous!! I enjoy reading everyone's posts. Best of luck to you all!

Welcome to our group! You have at least 4 others with you on that date so far!

I will add you to the list!

Hey dec sleevers my surgery is dec 4th yay!!!
me too!! Good luck. I hope we all have successful surgeries.

I'm 5'-3" and I just turned 50. My BMI is around 45. It's time for a change!

I have HBP, sleep apnea, and had a heart attack last year.

I've hidden in family photos for years or done the trick where you kind of bend over a chair a stick your chin out so your face doesn't look so fat and puffy. Anyone else do that?

I've yo-yo'd since my late 20's. Emotionally and physically my weight has taken its toll on my life.

I'm done. I'm praying I can get my surgery at the end of December. We've met all our deductibles and 20% co insurance.

My husband had liver cancer and was blessed with a transplant in June.

Now....after everything....it time to take care of myself for a change. I live in the Dallas area. Have a great surgeon I really trust lined up. Dr. James Davidson.

...just working my way through all the pre-req's -regardless of whether it's 90 days or less. I decided not to get upset about what I could not control. I'm doing everything I can to knock things off the list.

Done:

Started NUT meetings with my surgeons recommended contact.

Did my psych eval and passed

Letter from my PCP

Met with cardiologist and did stress test and passed.

Had Upper GI that my surgeon wanted -barium is nasty stuff.

Having endoscopy and colonoscopy done next Wed. Sounds like fun huh?

Sent out all medical records requests for my surgeon from prior procedures and issues.

To Do: finish my NUT classes and lose 15-20 pounds before surgery. I've lost 4lbs from just walking 2 miles a day.

My insurance coordinator is going to send the package out -just to see what Cigna says. Does not hurt to try.

Other than that -just super excited and motivated about doing something just for me and bettering my health.

I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.

Best Regards!

Welcome SueRN....I beleive we will ALL feel better once this procedure is finished. All my testing is being done on one day, Upper GI, Ultrasound, EKG, Labs, PT. Waiting on office nurse to call me on time specifics.

Come on December!

Welcome Carmen!

I added you to the list up there!

So glad to have you here to go on this journey with us!

Would anyone be interested in doing a December 2013 FB page? We could make it secret so no one sees it but us. Just thinking out loud....

Called my insurance today (I've called twice a week since it was submitted on the 15th) to find out if I was APPROVED and I am... Thank Goodness !!

Called my insurance today (I've called twice a week since it was submitted on the 15th) to find out if I was APPROVED and I am... Thank Goodness !!

Congratulations!!! What insurance do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations!!! What insurance do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you !! Blue Cross Blue Shield

Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you !! Blue Cross Blue Shield

I have the same insurance!!! I read they take roughly two weeks with approvals so I am hoping to get everything submitted within the next two weeks.

I have the same insurance!!! I read they take roughly two weeks with approvals so I am hoping to get everything submitted within the next two weeks.

Yes it took about 9 business days ...

I have made a December sleevers secret Facebook group. if you want in please add me on facebook and I will add you to the group! kill_hannah_bandanna@yahoo.com the spaces are underscores

Edited by Vixey