Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hello!

I get my official date tomorrow, I am hoping for a date the first week of December. My starting weight is 285, with a BMI of 46. I am shooting for 135 as my goal weight. I am excited to be apart of this group!

Edited by Nurse_Bonnie

Welcome Bonnie!

We're not too far off. I'll be starting about 305 and hope to get down to 145-150 (which I never remember being :/ )

I will add you to the list and will update it when you get your date!

There is also a secret Facebook page for us if you're interested in joining. Vixey created it. The info is a page or two back.

Ok, this is what I've come up with for dates. Let me know when you have a solid date and I can update the list.

• Dec 02 Krysta03
  • Dec 02 gaslimgal
  • Dec 02 jess9395
  • Dec 02 Annadette
  • Dec 02 sookie
  • Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie
  • Dec 02 doopa
  • Dec 03 Tasha420
  • Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  • Dec 03 redilla42
  • Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  • Dec 03 Sinderelly
  • Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 04 Healthbound
  • Dec 04 kledislynn's mommy
  • Dec 04 Katdrox
  • Dec 05 Blondiee
  • Dec 05 Lioness813
  • Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 06 harleychic
  • Dec 09 De-jo
  • Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  • Dec 09 Sweettart702
  • Dec 09 MShell
  • Dec 09 Carlotta
  • Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  • Dec 11 liciamarie
  • Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  • Dec 11 Only1likeme
  • Dec 11 soul2bleed
  • Dec 11 Volfan
  • Dec 11 dencob1
  • Dec 11 MnWin
  • Dec 11 onedaycloser
  • Dec 12 amills
  • Dec 12 kellymoon
  • Dec 13 Mommie4
  • Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  • Dec 16 slvrsax
  • Dec 16 elhudge
  • Dec 16 Mfs
  • Dec 17 Shelly70
  • Dec 17 Serenah
  • Dec 18 Sns513
  • Dec 18 Nona337am
  • Dec 18 gemgirl
  • Dec 18 mija1980
  • Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  • Dec 27 Carmen1963
  • Dec 30 elsnanny
  • Dec 30 bcishop

No date yet:

• AtlantaRed
  • beansmomma
  • HoustonTexanFan
  • AngiD
  • fpmr96a
  • SueRN
  • Simpley_ke
  • Vixey
  • macman
  • MonisNatural
  • fmpr96a
  • Tarheel79
  • SeniorMoment

I had to wait until our insurance kicked in to get the EGD done. I didn't want to pay cash for that! I did pay cash to see the surgeon and to get the psych eval. I could have had the surgery in Oct if my husband hadn't switched jobs (however, very glad he did as he LOVES it).

Why did you not get sedated?

They (the hospital here) only do Versed, which is a twilight sleep. You're still awake and talking, but you have no recollection of it. I'm just stubborn, and if I'm going to get a procedure done that I'm going to be awake for anyway, I'd rather remember it lol Also, I googled Versed. I'm sure you can imagine what results popped up lol

Hmm...interesting! Thanks!

Has anyone found what Protein Shake they are going to use (pre- op and/or post)? I'm trying to make a spread sheet to compare brand's calories, Protein, price, carbs, and finally sodium. My nutritionist said not to worry about carbs and sodium, but I'm a bit concerned about a very high sodium level. I need to do a two week pre op liquid and a two week post op liquid diet. Just want to see if people are starting to look around :)

Has anyone found what Protein Shake they are going to use (pre- op and/or post)? I'm trying to make a spread sheet to compare brand's calories, Protein, price, carbs, and finally sodium. My nutritionist said not to worry about carbs and sodium, but I'm a bit concerned about a very high sodium level. I need to do a two week pre op liquid and a two week post op liquid diet. Just want to see if people are starting to look around :)

Hi Hope...my surgeon's office has pretty 'strict' rules on what I should be drinking for my pre-op diet. I can have either Carnation Instant Breakfast or Slim Fast (the non-high protein version). I am to add 4 gm of Protein Powder to the shakes, 5 times a day. I currently use Body Fortress when I make shakes. (I get it at Walmart, and it's farily inexpensive).

Hope that helps. Best wishes to you!

Has anyone found what Protein Shake they are going to use (pre- op and/or post)? I'm trying to make a spread sheet to compare brand's calories' date=' Protein, price, carbs, and finally sodium. My nutritionist said not to worry about carbs and sodium, but I'm a bit concerned about a very high sodium level. I need to do a two week pre op liquid and a two week post op liquid diet. Just want to see if people are starting to look around :)[/quote']

I don't have a preop diet however I will do a 3 day liquid just before on my own.

I will not even be trying Protein Drinks before surgery because so many people say their tastes changed after surgery. They went through the process if seeing which ones they liked beforehand and after surgery, couldn't tolerate them.

My plan is to have a basic variety for when I get home such has Isopure clears in a few different flavors, Premier Protein ready to drink chocolate (because so many people like them), Unjury chicken broth flavored protein, unflavored powder and Gatorade. If nothing else, I will just add the unflavored powder to the Gatorade.

I'm going with Unjury for the beginning. Flavored and unflavored. I'll be on a 3 week post op liquid diet :unsure:

I will also have a variety of Protein on hand like Isopure, Unjury (chicken and unflavored), Syntrax(sp) and Premier Protein. There are a couple others that I will buy samples of too...I can't recall the names at the moment.

I don't want to stock up on any one in particular because it's a possibility that what you likes pre surgery will change when you become post op.

Every time I look at our list I just go :huh: ! We have a large group but it will be so nice to share our experiences together.

i have been trying a few Protein Shakes to get a sense of what I like. For me Unjury Protein powders are great. I love the chocolate Splendor and the strawberry Sorbet. I have tried Premier Protein ready to drink and I like both the chocolate and the vanilla flavor. The NUT told me I would be given Atkins Advantage Protein shakes while in the hospital. I've had these before while on the Atkins Diet. Strawberry is the only flavor I enjoyed, but it is sweet.

I've had Atkins shakes in the past and my favorite was the Dark chocolate Royale. YUMMO! I can't think of the brand of Protein Shakes that my hospital (Kaiser) recommends and sells.

I like Atkins Advantage in dark chocolate and milk chocolate, don't like French vanilla my mom did tho. I tried the strawberry banana in the Atkins day break it had a strange texture to me. I tried one Core ready to drink wasn't my favorite. Not tried any powder shakes only rtd.

Just had a call today from my 'nurse case manager' from the insurance company. Spent about 40 minutes on the phone with her...she was very nice, and informative. I think there was a question before about getting a flu shot, and she did recommend that I get my flu shot and pneumonia shot prior to surgery.

I'll make sure to get that done when I am at my pre-op appointment!