Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Angry - no weight loss!!!

I was banded on 9/13. I use my fitness pal religiously, started a gym 2 weeks ago. Was going to the gym every other day - but this week I've been every single day!!!!! My calories are around 750 to 850 per day - had my first fill on 10/15 and I haven't lost a single pound in about a week and a half. I'm frustrated !!!!!!!!!!!! I have about 65-70 pounds left to go. I've lost about 23. I was losing about a pound a day in the beginning, then about 1/2 pound a day then nothing. I know that this is a process and I'm not looking to get smaller overnight - but jeez this is freakin killing me!! I did lose .4 pounds for my October weigh in, but gained it back. Just frustrated!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

If you're losing a pound a day (usually at the beginning), it's mostly Water weight. Once the actual fat starts coming off it slows considerably.

The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds per week- not per day.

Be patient. Keep counting your calories and exercising and the weight will come off. It just takes time.

Talk to your nutritionist. You may be taking in too few calories and slowing your weight loss down.

sad you are not happy with (a loss) no matter how small....a loss is a loss...and sometimes the scale doesnt move and the inches keep coming off.....so it seems you are eating well and exercising...i see no problems other than your thinking....so think positive.....getting frustrated and mad solves NOTHING..

you are doing great so keep going...

Twenty-three down is great! Maybe you can Celebrate that and relax a little, just keep doing all three right things and you will get there. This is a long game. Think about where you were a year ago and where you will be a year from now. It's a bit at a time and don't worry about the scale being off here and there. So many reasons for that. Time of day, time of month, clothing, Water retention, aliens from outer space, etc.

Thanks for everyone's support & advice - just having a bad day. If anyone says this isn't hard they are full of s**t! Thanks for listening & responding :)

There will be times you won't lose for weeks. The band does not guarantee weight loss every day or every week. Just keep doing what your doing and not weigh yourself everyday. Some people can weigh themselves daily and they are alright with the fluctuations and some are not. If you are not then don't weigh yourself but every couple of weeks.

Patience can be tough at times that much is certain. Need to remember as well that you are working out a lot and while yes you are burning fat but you are also building muscle.

Keep an eye out for NSVs because even if the scale is not moving doesn't mean your body isn't changing. I could go a month without losing but drop a pant size or two. scale can be an evil thing at times but NSV's go a long way when it comes to morale.

23lbs is great by the way so you're doing fantastic. Weight loss is not going to be rapid no matter how much you work out or stick to strict dieting. Our chemical balance yo yo so frequently.

You probably need to boost your calories and increase your Protein to a minimum of 80g a day. My first 40 came of really fast, but I've slowed down to about 1 pound a week now. Be patient. Every band and every body is different, you can't compare your results with another person - to do so can make you feel discouraged...as you seem to be right now.

Take it easy on yourself, but definitely boost your Protein if you want to see the scale move faster.

I understand exactly how you feel I also lost 30lbs my first month; had my second fill I'm now up to 3cc's and still haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks. I walk everyday, go to tho gym 2-3 days a week and started doing a Zumba class to jump start my metabolism. I can't understand what's going on.....I feel your frustrations....

Basic misunderstanding of how our bodies react to food and exercise seems to be one of the earmarks of why many of us became fatties.

Losing fat and losing weight are two totally different things. The weight we lose right after surgery(or before for those who have pre-op dietary restrictions) is mostly just our bodies shedding Water stored within the fat cells. This usually goes on for 2-3 weeks and then we're down to losing fat.

Even if a Bandster exercises 7 days a week and burns 500 extra calories a day, that's just 1 lb of fat loss in one week. Remember, the formula for fat gain/loss is 3500 calories equals 1 lb. So, 7(days) X 500(calories burned) equals 1 lb of fat lost. BUT, if the Bandster is really working out, pushing to their limits, they're probably replacing that 1 lb of fat loss with 1-2 lbs of muscle gained. The scale can't tell the difference.

This is a long long journey and at some point in time we all reach a plateau in muscle building and the fat begins to burn off. Be patient, this really is a journey not a sprint.

tmf

Don't get discouraged! 23 lbs is good! I agree with the other replies...check with your nutritionist and see if you're eating enough. Increasing your Protein is a great idea also.

I agree that you may be taking in too few calories and also, with that minimal calorie intake are you taking in the appropriate amount of Protein? Best to consult with your medical team for advise.

The thing about me going to the gym: I want to be accountable so I wouldn't want anyone thinking that I am working out like crazy. I am out of shape and really only walked for exercise before my band (if that). But since I've joined the gym I am shooting for 1 mile on the treadmill each time I go. If I can do more than I do. I up the incline to .5 and I try to average my speed about 3.2 to 3.5 and try to go at least 4.0 for a little more each time. I know that I need to do strength training, but I have to wait until I'm 8 weeks out from surgery date. Plus that should help me gain some endurance.

Thank you for your support & encouragement. I need it !

Pretty : you've mentioned before those Protein shots that you get at Walmart - do you mind giving me the name? I know I'm probably not eating enough Protein. Maybe that will boost me up!

Thanks again everyone - I know you took your time to help me and give me advice and I appreciate it very much!

Maybe you should try adding a few calories. That would kick up your metabolism