Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG October 2013 Post-ops

Same feeling i had i was 360 before liquid diet Went in to surgery at 340. Came home at 348 i was like wtf is this shit call my dr and ask him if this was a scam. Lol. Weight my self today im at 331

Totally feel like ringing my surgeon and asking if he's sure he didn't just remove my gallbladder instead. LOL

Desperately trying not to freak out' date=' get down or be negative....but today I'm 2 weeks out and I've only lost 4 lbs Im following my nuts plan to the letter, drinking, walking, logging food and I've lost less weight in 2 weeks than when I used to diet before RNY. Common sense tells me by body will be in shock and it will eventually come off.. but gee...that doesn't calm that voice in my head screaming " See? You're going to be the person surgery doesn't work for". Just venting. Thanks[/quote']

Yup, been there, done that! I'm a month post op and I've lost 10 lbs, not counting the 11 pounds of IV fluids I came home with. But, it will work for us albeit a little slower from time to time. Measure yourself, so you can see inches disappear. Tell yourself that those 4 pounds (and any pounds lost pre- op) are gone forever! It's not a race ( or so I've been told). ;-)

Molly 10/2/13

Thanks Molly! There should really be a special forum for slower losers. There's a few of us about and I'd hate to think anyone is feeling depressed or regretting their decision to have surgery and staying off rhe boards cos they see everyone else posting good losses. I have no regrets but I'm certainly asing myself wth is going on.

Have done my measurements and Ive lost alot from around my waist. Im thinking I might go back to my original plan of staying away from the scales till I see my nut in 2 weeks.

In other news im on soft foods/puree from today! Roll on refried Beans, porridge and poached/scrambled eggs!

Just had my surgery on the 31 sent home last night drinking and walking and doing good !
Good luck with the rest of the new life. I had mine the 29 how much are u drinking ?

I also had my surgery on the 29th. And i was doing great till yesterday....i have injured myself. While trying to get up and down from my couch. A sharp pain shot out from my belly button across my lower abdomen. Now every time i bend to sit or get up it happens. I think i have either pulled a muscle or herniated myself. I am back to bed with lots of pillows and such. Till my 1 week appointment. I still get up and walk around. I just cant sit on lower furniture and my bed is high.

Hope you are feeling better

Hope you are feeling better
thank you I'm going to take some pain medication and go to bed.

I screamed earlier today scaring my family ....able to fit into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in 2 years! Down a pants size. So happy.
Thats really great! Congrats

My inner two year old is having tantrums and turning me into a wreck. I'm only one week post op and thought I was really prepared for this emotionally' date=' boy was I naive! I just want to nibble something savory and the thought of Jello or popsicles make me want to punch someone. I dreamed about refried Beans last night and seeing my husband eat his Breakfast of eggs and biscuits and gravy sent me to the other room with chicken broth and tears in my eyes. Why did I have to let myself get into the position where surgery was the smartest option? I'm sorry, I just needed to vent my tantrum. Carry on.[/quote']

I am sooo feeling you. Today was my youngest daughters birthday and I wanted to eat the hotdog . I just want to taste something other than sweet and I'm only five days out. I thought I would be fine. I run to my room when the family cooking and eating. Sooo frustrating but I keep telling myself this will be for the better and sip on my shake and Water.

Two weeks tomorrow.

Just as my incisions begin to feel a little better....now my pouch isn't playing nice. I haven't vomited or anything, but my stomach just aches- all the time :( I just want to feel normal again :(

I had my surgery October 23' date=' so I'm currently 9 days post op. Feel great (other than still being a bit weak/tired) but I'm hungry ALL the time!! The Nut said we wouldnt have any hunger so I'm perplexed!

Also, I can eat up to a cup of cream Soup or a whole yogurt at regular rate & have no probs. Have even gulped my Protein shake (by accident, wasn't paying attention) & nothing happened.

I dont go back to hospital til end of Nov[/quote']

I had my surgery the 24th and have the same things...I feel great since about day 4, but I get hunger pains and have been eating & drinking at normal rates with no issues. I have a 1 week post-op Tuesday and will let you know what he says.