Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Surgery List complete

Are you doing better now??? Please update, hope you are well...

Hi Vicki thanks for asking, I just been suffering in silence. So tired of being sick. I was in and out of hospital several times the last was October 25 thur Nov 1. For dehydration. Now I have a picc line that feed me nutrition called tpn over night. Im feeling better. And hope the nausea finally is gone. Hopefully I will be done with all this in another 2weeks. How are you?

Hello all of the August 2013! I would love to hear from everyone. Now that we are 3 months out! I am down 53 pounds and am getting more exercise. I still struggle getting in all the Fluid and Protein but I feel pretty good. I am 6 pounds to older land and looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you August 2013 people! Keep up all the good work.!,

I'm 60 lbs down after month stall eating much better need to get back into exercise not doing so good with Protein haven't had no issue really just weak some days then some days so much energy

Hello! I'm down 55lbs! I find that when I eat fish/seafood I lose more. Have any of you noticed that? I feel lighter when I walk! I have burst of energy, but when I get tired then I'm really tired! I don't know what that's about. For the most part I have a lot of energy. I'm using my fitbit for the first time today since I brought the new phone(that's now compatible) I'm excited at my progress!

Hey glad to hear bout yall.

I'm down 54# n like the rest I have trouble getting all the Protein n fluids. N sometimes I go over my cards. I still have trouble balancing. Butt over all i'm doing good, jus wish my back n knees was well enough to exercise. :(

I'm down 66 lbs. I find myself looking for the Protein on everything now. I have finally had an experience that I know was dumping. I started drinking my coffees again and I made the mistake of using regular flavored Creamer. Well I have given those to my daughter. And am happy to say I now only use fat and sugar free Creamers. I got sick to my stomach and had to lock up my office and run to the bathroom. I was in there for about 30 minutes, I felt like I was gonna pass out. Had diarrhea, sweats, shakes. It was all bad. Another thing that I'm not too happy with is the Hair loss, omg. I feel like a shedding dog, I got my hair chopped short and layered to try to make it look thicker but it seriously is falling out by the handfuls. I knew it was coming, if I didn't I would probably b freaking out because I am seriously loosing so much. I hope everyone else is not having this issue. My friend who had her surgery about two years ago went through the same thing and let me know her hair is nice and thick again. Anyways. Everyone sounds like they are getting better. Glad to see it and good luck to everyone.

I'm with u!! :(( my hair feels so thin. I'm scared i'm gonna go bald!! But seriously it is coming out alot. So i'm trying to make sure I take my Vitamins everyday. I had slacked up on them. But in trying to remember them more now.

I'm down only 40lbs. At this point, I have stalled for an equal amount of time to when I have lost weight, and it is getting seriously frustrating. I have so much further to go, qnd had hoped to be a good 20-30lbs ahead of where I am now. This morning was the first time I really broke down crying about it all. After washing my hair and seeing so much hair come out again, I really started to think that it isn't worth it for 40lbs. I hope I can feel better about it soon, but I feel like I have no control over any of this.

Hi everyone, I'm mostly a lurker... Lol! But my surgery was in Aug. 8th. My HW was 223 lbs, SW was 210 lbs and today I am 178 lbs. so that's 45 lbs. it's not as much as most of you, but I knew going in that I would lose weight at a slower pace because I started at a 42 BMI. Regardless, I am thrilled that I've lost this much already. I'm having the normal stalls... But I'm still averaging about 2 1/2 lbs per week when I add it all together. I think that's a healthy weight to lose. :-) I struggle with getting in enough Protein. I barely get in about 60g a day. So I know I need to increase that and drink more fluids. I don't think I've experienced dumping yet... At least not on as serious of a level as some of you. I have had diarrhea, biut I had that issue a lot before surgery so it's not really unusual for me. The one thing that IS unusual and a good thing is that I have regular BMs (sorry tmi). That to me is a plus because before surgery I would go a week between them. So overall I think things are going pretty good for me. I see my dr tomorrow for a follow up. I think he'll test me for any Vitamin deficiencies. Hopefully I am doing well with those, although I sure could use more energy. I'm still too tired to work out. But that could just be my own laziness. Haha!

I'm down only 40lbs. At this point, I have stalled for an equal amount of time to when I have lost weight, and it is getting seriously frustrating. I have so much further to go, qnd had hoped to be a good 20-30lbs ahead of where I am now. This morning was the first time I really broke down crying about it all. After washing my hair and seeing so much hair come out again, I really started to think that it isn't worth it for 40lbs. I hope I can feel better about it soon, but I feel like I have no control over any of this.

40 pounds is a great loss! You should be shouting, cheering, clapping and dancing! Stalls come and stalls go! Find what Protein rich foods help with your weightloss. I know fish and seafood work for me so I'm trying incorporate more of it. Be proud of yourself! You're right on target with the rest of us. You can do this! Set smaller goals for yourself like maybe a 5 pound loss instead and I know you will achieve it. Remember we didn't get big overnight so it's going to take a little time for the weight to come off. Congrats on your loss! Now pat yourself on the back!

Surgery Aug. 6. I am down around 45#. Losing hair like crazy! NUT told me to increase Protein to boost weight loss (and possibly slow hair loss). I now treat myself to a Protein Shake in the evening. I can't stand the taste/smell of Protein Powder anymore so I have to be creative. I use skim milk, instant milk powder, sugar free choc Syrup, PB2, 3/4 scoop of whey protein, crushed ice. Blended in my bullet. That helps ensure I get at least 80 grams of protein a day. I am really feeling emotionally down, which is very unlike me. I hope that passes soon. I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling grateful for this weight loss opportunity.

Surgery Aug. 6. I am down around 45#. Losing hair like crazy! NUT told me to increase Protein to boost weight loss (and possibly slow hair loss). I now treat myself to a Protein Shake in the evening. I can't stand the taste/smell of protein powder anymore so I have to be creative. I use skim milk, instant milk powder, sugar free choc Syrup, PB2, 3/4 scoop of whey protein, crushed ice. Blended in my bullet. That helps ensure I get at least 80 grams of protein a day. I am really feeling emotionally down, which is very unlike me. I hope that passes soon. I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling grateful for this weight loss opportunity.

I went through the depression phase a few weeks ago. It does pass. If u need to talk u can private message me if u want to. I am at a stall right now but u know I do believe the protein does help u Lose it faster because I can't stand the protein powders and I don't use them but when I was drinking them regularly I was losing more.

Oh my I'm not losing any hair thank God for that but I. Really not losing at all I know I should be down more than this by now but I'm gonna be patient it will come off soon

Don't be down. I agree with the others u really are doing good, n depression Comes with this n it will pass. Alot of us are losing hair, n they tell me it will stop. Just increase Protein. I don't do shakes but I am trying to eat more meat. U will do better. I'm losing about 11/2 to 2#, a wk. N sometimes I slip especially with all the dinners starting :( we can do this thing, cheer up, if it comes off slow I try to think it will stay off longer. See try to think positive, u no before u left me a message n it helped so I hope I can help u now. :))

Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I'm going through that depression phase.