Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Surgery List complete

Just sip sip sipping away. Pho broth and the Protein beef bouillon I have are amazing! Trying to remember to walk a little every couple hours. The swelling is going down a little more each day. Hey, I even managed to get a sports bra on today. I did almost over fill my pouch a couple times and that was hurty. But now I know what to do. All in all, I really can't complain.

Staples came out today....on to the pureed meal plan...life is good!!!!!

I am happy to be home' date=' but almost wish I was still in the hospital, so it would be easier to control my pain. Last night was a long sleepiness night because of pain, but thank God for my wife that helps me out of bed. I spend half the night in bed, the other half in a recliner. It feels good not to be hungry, but I'm just too damn sore, but it will be worth it![/quote']

I know what you mean they sent home with a pain pump don't seem to working

Mz Shay

How's everyone doing with their drainage site? Have you had more drainage at all sincr you came home? They took mine out the day I came home, but left the wound open saying there would be some additional drainage the next couple of days while it closes up. But I have had no additional drainage at all and have only changed the dressing once a day.

How's everyone doing with their drainage site? Have you had more drainage at all sincr you came home? They took mine out the day I came home' date=' but left the wound open saying there would be some additional drainage the next couple of days while it closes up. But I have had no additional drainage at all and have only changed the dressing once a day.[/quote']

I didn't have one just pain pump my left is killing me I need help getting up once this pain go away I'll be better

Mz Shay

Mz Shay, where is the pain? Is it at the incisions? Don't forget to use arm and leg muscles instead of stomach. I didn't have a drain tube except in hospital and the took that out on day 3. My pain seems to get less every day. Bruising on other hand looks like I've been beaten and left for dead. :-). Take Care all

Mz Shay' date=' where is the pain? Is it at the incisions? Don't forget to use arm and leg muscles instead of stomach. I didn't have a drain tube except in hospital and the took that out on day 3. My pain seems to get less every day. Bruising on other hand looks like I've been beaten and left for dead. :-). Take Care all[/quote']

Its in the big incision I'm trying it's getting better I been walking ive been getting help getting up today so ut better

Mz Shay

Sorry to hear you're hurting, Mz Shay. Try to take your pain meds as often as you can to build them up in your system to get ahead of the pain. Then drop down to a lower amount or less frequent meds. But make sure to take them. You're going to start feeling better soon! Hang in there!

Meant to add I've been having a rough day myself. Nightmares last night messing with my head. Crying hurts like a son of a gun. Then I pushed myself going walking and grocery shopping yesterday and got behind on managing the pain. Pushed myself further today walking for about 45 mins and a rough carride. Carrides are no joke man. Owie. I was ready to punch my husband or bust the window by the time we got home.

Meant to add I've been having a rough day myself. Nightmares last night messing with my head. Crying hurts like a son of a gun. Then I pushed myself going walking and grocery shopping yesterday and got behind on managing the pain. Pushed myself further today walking for about 45 mins and a rough carride. Carrides are no joke man. Owie. I was ready to punch my husband or bust the window by the time we got home.

Oh wow I'm walking but it hurt so bad I can only walk a little then have to take a nap it will get better

Mz Shay

Hi everyone, I'm still in hospital. I just could not drink and my pain was unbearable. My doctor ordered a cat scan and within a hour I was back in operating room. There was a slight blockage on my intestine, 3hr surgery in top of Tuesday's surgery and yall know I am in crippling pain here. I can't do anything without assistance. I can't stop crying, what did I do to myself! Now they said if I can do all the things necessary I can go home Monday.

Well I'm 3day post op I'm finally passed gas I'm still on Clear Liquids but my stomach is making a bunch of noise today I'm walking a little better still sorrow can't walk ling I get really tired I was getting align if Water down yesterday but today its go slow I can't really drink the Protein water but I'm trying

Mz Shay

Oh I just found this forum. My surgery was August 22. Can I be added to the group?

Sorry to hear about the complications, seriousaboutme. Let's pray that the blockage is fixed and you can start healing now. Try to relax as much as possible. Take your pain meds as often as you're allowed. And as soon as they allow you to start getting up and moving, take it slow but do it as often as you can. You will be surprised how far you can come in just a few days. It gets a little better everyday.

Tried milk of magnesia last night to get things moving after not going all day. I'll be fool if I am going to deal with all this pain AND be constipated. Almost made myself puke. It was close. But after an hour or so I felt much much better. Seems the tears phase is upon me. Crying for no reason. Fun times.