Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2013 - Post Op Thread

I am home and feeling pretty good. Sipping ice Water has never felt this good.

Welcome to the losers bench

I slept pretty good last night. I woke up at 4:30 with a dry mouth and pretty sore. I am guessing both are to be expected. Getting out of bed was awful but I am blessed with an amazing wife who woke up and helped. I know this is all part of the healing process and I am just glad to be on the losers bench.

Well, I'm 10 days post-op and feeling really good. In fact, other than the "crazy glue" on my incisions, I do not feel like I had surgery!

I am sensitive to cold beverages so they have to be room temp or hot. I have no problem with that. I cannot do pureed foods. Out of the question. Just the smell of any foods pureed makes me dry heave.

I am existing on grits, oatmeal, refried Beans, yogurt, liver sausage, eggs (and whatever else the surgeon's office gave me in lieu of actual pureed food).

I feel so good, I'm ready to go back to work now. Watching tv all day is driving me nuts! Cant resume bowling for a few more weeks and the season starts in August but I've decided to wait until the beginning of September to start my 4 leagues and I've told all the people who need to know that.

I'm trying to avoid watching my family eat. I cannot cook for them. I nibble. So I told them right now, its about me and I have to avoid foods that will block me from losing weight so for the foreseable future, I will NOT be cooking for them. Hubby will either be forced to cook for himself and the kids or they will be "take out food junkies" for awhile.

Whatever, I dont care. Getting them fed is what brought me to this drastic stage (bypass) in the first place! My son is going back to college in a few weeks and I'm glad because he's Mr. pizza and that is one of my weaknesses. Daughter will be in her 4th year of nursing school and will be very busy so I won't see her much and have to watch her eat.

I just have to get through these next few weeks and then I think I'll have it made with the "food temptations".

That first shower at home was unreal. I felt so much better afterwards.

Also, i have swelling about the size of a lemon above one of my incisions still. Any guess on how long it will be till that goes down.

I am ready for more calories. My surgeon allows 1/8 of a cup of clear juice mixed with an equal amount of Water. Good news is I am having no issue getting my liquids every day. I just feel pretty tired with so few calories coming in.

How are the other July post-op'ers doing?

I am ready for more calories. My surgeon allows 1/8 of a cup of clear juice mixed with an equal amount of Water. Good news is I am having no issue getting my liquids every day. I just feel pretty tired with so few calories coming in.

Hey PittGuy! So I'm three days from being 1 month postop! I have my first postop visit on 8/1. I'm feeling really good. I'm hungry for different food than I'm allowed but hopefully I'll get clearance to start puréed foods on 8/1. I'm walking at least a mile a day. And since surgery I've lost about 20 lbs. But from my highest weight in March I've lost 29 lbs. I'm happy with that considering I haven't had much energy to really do anything until about the last week. I did have a scrambled egg yesterday morning for bfast. It was delicious! But, I couldn't eat anything the rest of the day! I did finally get a little popcorn down last night. But that's it. I also thing I have some other things going on on my body like hormone regulation for my cycle that's throwing things off a bit. But I'm getting there. Hoping to get released to return to the pool on 8/1 as well. I've missed the Water and want to return to my water aerobics. So other than that; I'm looking forward to new foods and returning to the pool. Glad to hear you're doing well!

C

Also' date=' i have swelling about the size of a lemon above one of my incisions still. Any guess on how long it will be till that goes down.[/quote']

That's interesting! I didn't have any kind of swellings like that. I wonder what that's about. Hmmm. Let us know.

C

Ellismom' scrambled eggs sound pretty good right now. Let me know how the one month appointment goes.

Also' date=' i have swelling about the size of a lemon above one of my incisions still. Any guess on how long it will be till that goes down.[/quote']

Keep an eye on the swelling. Mine got bigger & pronounced. It was a hematoma. It went away on its own. Many other swellings can b seromas.

My first post op appt @9 o'clovk in the am guess I will see then, I'm still sore ¬ supposed to bend over a lot or lift over 10lbs for another week. I return to work on August 12TH

I'm either eating too fast or too much but after I eat, I am so nauseaus!!!!! Its so bad sometimes that I try to make myself throw up and if it doesnt come up from my mouth, it comes out the other end a couple of hours later, then I feel better.

I'm afraid to put anything in my mouth.

I'm either eating too fast or too much but after I eat' date=' I am so nauseaus!!!!! Its so bad sometimes that I try to make myself throw up and if it doesnt come up from my mouth, it comes out the other end a couple of hours later, then I feel better.

I'm afraid to put anything in my mouth.[/quote']

I'm having the same problems. I'm 12 days post op

It's so hard adjusting to eating very little then knowing when we are full. I've had two encounters with feeling over full but this morning my Breakfast came back up. I had a late snack late yesterday and it seem to have stayed with me. Taking this one day at a time to learn my new pouch. I had my RNY 7/16/13

It's so hard adjusting to eating very little then knowing when we are full. I've had two encounters with feeling over full but this morning my breakfast came back up. I had a late snack late yesterday and it seem to have stayed with me. Taking this one day at a time to learn my new pouch. I had my RNY 7/16/13

I too had my RNY on the 16th what are you eating and tolerating?