Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question about the pre-op liquid diet. My body doesn't seen to want to have a bm. I am so bloated!! I have surgery the 17th and would like to relieve some of this pressure beforehand because I know there will be alot of presure post-op. Any suggestions???

I have a question about the pre-op liquid diet. My body doesn't seen to want to have a bm. I am so bloated!! I have surgery the 17th and would like to relieve some of this pressure beforehand because I know there will be alot of presure post-op. Any suggestions???

I bought a bottle of magnesium citrate @ target, I am going to try on Friday after work . I've only been going very little once a day and I don't feel like I have to.

Take 2 tabs of ducolax

Exactly! Try to think about it this way-- if you happened to lose 6 pound even every Other week' date=' by this week next year you will have lost 156lbs! That's insane!! We are doing this for our futures, the little losses in the present are just bonuses! :)

*someone remember this for when I hit my first plateau and get down. Lol*[/quote']

I got you covered for your plateau!

I am glad you are doing okay. One day at a time' date=' girl! You got this!![/quote']

Yes indeed. Because of my veins being so small I had my iv planted in my neck, stapled down, it was a big needle, now I'm getting ready to go home I can here the gas moving, now it needs to come out. Mixed emotions....

Yes indeed. Because of my veins being so small I had my iv planted in my neck' date=' stapled down, it was a big needle, now I'm getting ready to go home I can here the gas moving, now it needs to come out. Mixed emotions....[/quote']

The neck doesn't' sound like a comfortable place for an IV. Glad you are getting ready to go home. Get some rest. I was a little mixed about going home, but my husband and Mom wanted me to come home quick. So, I agreed. It turned out great for me. Thinking about you!

So the PA from the surgeons office just called back. Thinks my cough may just be a combo of post nasal drip and needing my asthma/allergy meds to build back up in my system. Said if I was truly "sick" or had irritation from the intubation I would most likely cough all the time not only when I fell asleep.

I'm about to go for initial 3 hour work up. Had my psych eval done. Can anybody tell me what comes after that?? All this excitement is wonderfully contagious!

This happened to me too. Stay strong! Had me come in at 7am and I didn't go to the OR until like 11:30. Good luck.

Well, I'm still waiting for surgery. It's been 6 hours since I got here. Husband is getting tired of waiting and so am I!

I held down everything today until I tried my NUTs suggestion of condensed Soup made with skim milk. Came right back up. Starting to think I can't do lactose. Because the carnation instant Breakfast with soy milk stayed in no problem. I think I'm gonna try calming my tummy with some warm herbal tea.

See everyone is excited :-) I am 7 days post op and feel great .. So far ive lost 12 lbs since last wednesday :-)... 46 in Total ... i do have to say I am having the worst time with Protein Shakes makes me feel queazy but I went and did something alil crazy and poached an egg in my Soup and blended it to my broth and man I feel so much better I need the Protein and alil sodium bloated still but Ladies please try the Fuze Slenderized I am serious they are not bad and have Vitamins and help flush ur system :-) I love them ... To all who are about to have surgery Good Luck!!!

I had to wait 3 hours' date=' what a drag. I just got my upper GI results so now I can sip liquids, hooray![/quote']

Mee tooo!

I had to wait 3 hours' date=' what a drag. I just got my upper GI results so now I can sip liquids, hooray![/quote']

Mee tooo!

Congrats guys!

Even tho I'm not hungry, today is the first day I'm really missing crunching or chewing something. Maybe it's the other issues I have going on. I don't know. Just having a hard time today.