Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This may be TMI' date=' but I am curious. So, I am doing really well. Better than I could ever expect. I am getting in lots of Fluid and Protein. I started having gas a couple of days ago, but no bowel movement yet. Should I be concerned? I keep thinking there is really nothing in there to come out. :) Sorry for being so open. I tend to have no filter on my conversations.[/quote']

I didn't go until I was out of the hospital for 2 days. After a ton of walking and sitting on my hands and knees on the floor while rolling my hips, I finally went last night. *TMI warning* it was pure liquid. Liquid in= liquid out. It felt so good though! Like I have been endlessly puffing up and finally popped the balloon! Haha

Thanks! I had my crying spell the day after surgery. Going from iv meds to oral was a BEOTCH!!! Today was just blah. It's like they still in ur heads to get this much Fluid in and I promise it has to be impossible. But I feel like if I don't then I will instantly drop to the floor from dehydration. LOL. And then I've been sleepy and I think that's it - not enough liquids. HOWEVER' date=' I am thankful for several things bc I do know it could be much, much worse. Waiting for that week mark - bc I feel like then things will be more normal feeling. How much r u drinking a day now?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Oh my goodness I know exactly how you're feeling. I can't say I feel BAD, but I also can't say I feel GOOD. I have felt better since having a BM and releasing some gas. My fiancé found my endless passing of gas last night hysterical. I didn't care one bit- it felt great! Lol now I'm just focusing on my liquids. I so wish I could have Protein Shakes. I feel like I'd have more energy if I could get the extra Protein in. I'm so worried that I'm this exhausted.. I have an interview for a new position next Monday and have to be back to work by Wednesday.

Anyone else feel like they're swallowing too much air? I should not be belching to the point stuff comes back up.

Anyone else who is post op have a sharp pain on their left side near the rib cage? I have been having this on and off since yesterday. I am feeling great otherwise' date=' and I don't want to panic that it is anything major, but on the other hand... I want to stay on top of it.[/quote']

Yes my doctor says it's just spasms and usually goes away by the 7th day. He said they can be much worse when you have a drain in like I still do, and by drinking non room temp fluids.

Yes my doctor says it's just spasms and usually goes away by the 7th day. He said they can be much worse when you have a drain in like I still do' date=' and by drinking non room temp fluids.[/quote']

That might explain some of it, because I started drinking colder things at times. Thanks!

I didn't go until I was out of the hospital for 2 days. After a ton of walking and sitting on my hands and knees on the floor while rolling my hips' date=' I finally went last night. *TMI warning* it was pure liquid. Liquid in= liquid out. It felt so good though! Like I have been endlessly puffing up and finally popped the balloon! Haha[/quote']

I know I haven't walked nearly enough. It has been raining like crazy here and I get bored walking in circles in my house. I am going to go out shopping today and hopefully all the walking will help. I had my surgery Tuesday, so I am 5 days out with nothing but gas.

I am so ready for my home to be back to normal. My mom has been here for 1 week and I don't know when she is going home.

I know what you mean. My fiancé is the best and an amazing caregiver, but I'm not used to just sitting around at all. It feels awful to me. Makes me depressed to just sit around instead of being up and doing stuff around my house...

I'm home and feeling good other than I had some hot tea get stuck again. I'm going to try some room temp crystal light Water and see if I tolerate that better. My surgeon said try different temperatures until these spasms stop.

Hope today goes better for you :)

Thanks Bri. Today is a little better now that I know about the milk. I called just to ask the nurse because I have her after hours number and she said that if I can find a Vitamin that I can tolerate better for now then get that. I'm gonna check out the Gummy Vitamin selection the store today. She also wants me to get some of the shakes I had for the preop diet and drink a few of those a day along with the skim milk. Her biggest thing is for me to not get dehydrated. I just wish I had more patience for my littles today. Mommy is a grouch..according to my 4 yr old.

Ugh!!! Having so much trouble with head hunger! My fiancé made popcorn while we watched a movie and it smelled amazzzzinggggg!!!! How do I get past this?? I feel like I'm swimming in all of the fluids I've been drinking, but there's no substance to Clear Liquids. I'm dying just to chew something salty.

Ugh!!! Having so much trouble with head hunger! My fiancé made popcorn while we watched a movie and it smelled amazzzzinggggg!!!! How do I get past this?? I feel like I'm swimming in all of the fluids I've been drinking' date=' but there's no substance to clear liquids. I'm dying just to chew something salty.[/quote']

Ditto. I just went out with my mom, brother, and sister in law to my local fish restaurant. They all got lobster rolls, French fries, and beers. I had a Protein shake. They wanted to get onion rings by I put my foot down. Lol. Surprisingly I am kinda hungry but I think it was from seeing the food. I shouldn't have put myself in that situation so early out. I'm going to sip my bottle of Water and pretend its my favorite cocktail. Lol.

I can't even imagine being hungry yet. I can hardly get fluids in. I feel like there's just no room. Going to try some warm broth and see if it maybe calms down my pouch. It's being a grouchy pouch.

So for my friends on clear liquids, I have a Soup that (although it may sound awful) taste amazing! My gram is italian and always made us "red soup" growing up. It is basically a chicken broth with homemade catsup mixed in for a bit of a Tomato kick. Then you put noodles and parm cheese in to finish it off. O.M.G. It is insanely good! So what I did was take my low sodium chicken broth, added in a tbs of ketchup, a punch of onion and garlic powder, plus a very small punch of parm. It tastes so yummy after not having anything for a while. It curbs my need for something a little more savory.

Ugh!!! Having so much trouble with head hunger! My fiancé made popcorn while we watched a movie and it smelled amazzzzinggggg!!!! How do I get past this?? I feel like I'm swimming in all of the fluids I've been drinking' date=' but there's no substance to clear liquids. I'm dying just to chew something salty.[/quote']

Chewing sugar free Popsicles has helped me.