Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering the same thing.... I know I just didn't feel like doing much of anything after surgery. I'm just now getting to where I have the strength to read the posts and comment. This drain pump is so uncomfortable.

That's my issue. This drain is so uncomfortable. This pain medicine makes me nauseous. Each day gets better.

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm currently sitting here waiting for my ride to go home! Yay!!! Soooo excited!!! I'm feeling so much better after my little sicky moment yesterday. I do want to know-- those of you who are losers. When you got home, did you have any trouble keeping up with fluids? I'm very worried I'll mess up, get dehydrated, and end up back in the hospital. I hated it here! Lol everyone was so nice, but wow, I missed my home!

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm currently sitting here waiting for my ride to go home! Yay!!! Soooo excited!!! I'm feeling so much better after my little sicky moment yesterday. I do want to know-- those of you who are losers. When you got home' date=' did you have any trouble keeping up with fluids? I'm very worried I'll mess up, get dehydrated, and end up back in the hospital. I hated it here! Lol everyone was so nice, but wow, I missed my home![/quote']

I've only been home for a day. I can so tell the difference with healinh and recovery. I slept so good in my bed. I keep my medicine cup and time it every 10 min I drink 2-4 oz of Water or crystal light. Eating pudding and Protein Powder. You can do this. Each day gets a little easier.

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm currently sitting here waiting for my ride to go home! Yay!!! Soooo excited!!! I'm feeling so much better after my little sicky moment yesterday. I do want to know-- those of you who are losers. When you got home' date=' did you have any trouble keeping up with fluids? I'm very worried I'll mess up, get dehydrated, and end up back in the hospital. I hated it here! Lol everyone was so nice, but wow, I missed my home![/quote']

I was trying to be perfect and get all my fluids and Protein but it didn't work. I'm now concentrating on fluids first and letting the protein take second place. On the full liquid stage everything is Fluid, even if it has protein in it so I've been doing good. I forget to sip sometimes and take a gulp now and again, it's uncomfortable. At my follow up I asked my surgeon if the painful swallowing was normal. He said it'll just be till the swelling goes down. I've already noticed an improvement just three days later. I'm thinking I'll be able to get my protein in when I go to pureed food next week. It'll be great actually getting some protein from protein rich foods!

It's so much easier to recover and get rest at home. I'm glad your doing okay. Don't worry about dehydration. At home it's easy to get what you need when you need it.

Today was not as good as yesterday. Going off the pain pump and into oral meds was rough. I was sick much of the day. I was really upset and wondering what I got myself into. Felt like I had something stuck. Threw up a little three times. One of those times was an un dissolved pill from hours early. Nurse thinks that's what I was stuck on. Have felt a world better since. Pressure in my chest is gone. My abdominal area is just sore. Also couldn't pee after they took my Foley catheter out so I had to get straight cathed. Now just wish I could get someone to answer my nurse call button. Need a warm damp washcloth to wipe my face after I spit up a little, and I'm out of Water. I hate shift change.

Today was not as good as yesterday. Going off the pain pump and into oral meds was rough. I was sick much of the day. I was really upset and wondering what I got myself into. Felt like I had something stuck. Threw up a little three times. One of those times was an un dissolved pill from hours early. Nurse thinks that's what I was stuck on. Have felt a world better since. Pressure in my chest is gone. My abdominal area is just sore. Also couldn't pee after they took my Foley catheter out so I had to get straight cathed. Now just wish I could get someone to answer my nurse call button. Need a warm damp washcloth to wipe my face after I spit up a little' date=' and I'm out of Water. I hate shift change.[/quote']

It gets better. I was feeling like you my second day in the hospital. I even had a meltdown in front of the nurse. One day at a time. Sending prayers your way.

You will do great! It's not as bad as we make it in our heads.

That's good to know, I'm scared of the unknown....

Hi all. I just had a very good conversation with myself (I'm not crazy :lol: ) and with God' date=' and I must say that all my nerves and anxiety about this surgery and lifestyle change are GONE! I feel so much at peace with everything that I know I'm doing the right thing. I'm not going to worry about this, that or the third. Things will happen the way they're meant to happen, whether I worry or not. I guess I'm saying all that to say this - I pray that each of us get to that place of peace with this process. Some of you were there way ahead of me, and I imagine there are some that are still trying to get there. But I do attribute a lot of this ease to the amount of support and comradery that I get from this forum. So thank you all, and God bless. :wub: [/sup']

Wow, that's the way I felt all day today, my friends asked me how was I feeling and I said "calm, I feel peace"...that was very nice post..I pray you have an easy recovery, Amen.

I feel sad today and can't figure it out. I have four more days of liquid pre op left and have done 26 already. This last week has been the worst. I am normally upbeat but today I just feel sad. Like I am not worth it and what makes me think this will work. Did anyone else feel this way? It is odd for me because being positive is my normal personality. :(

Hey guys... Sorry I haven't updated you all. So I an officially on the losers bench' date=' but not without complications.. :/ my surgery went swimmingly and I seemed to be recovering great. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling and looking wonderful. Well, all of a sudden, around 2, I got REALLY sick. I threw up a bunch of dark liquid. They rushed me down for some tests cause they were worried that my bowel was blocked or pinched off. They came back normal and I'm now feeling ok, but that set me back a day so I'm still lot drinking yet or taking oral meds... I will start that today after they do one more test to make sure my bowel is working. Please pray. All I want is to go home. I'm so uncomfortable here and miss my home. :([/quote']

I hope you feel better soon, did they ever tell you what was the stuff you threw up...are your bowls ok? Im asking because I have Constipation and gas a lot and I'm hoping after surgery it's not worse. Good luck and keep us posted.

I just threw up again after some zofran and pain meds. Seems like every time I get to burping, I lose it and throw up. Ugh.

Hi all. I just had a very good conversation with myself (I'm not crazy :lol: ) and with God' date=' and I must say that all my nerves and anxiety about this surgery and lifestyle change are GONE! I feel so much at peace with everything that I know I'm doing the right thing. I'm not going to worry about this, that or the third. Things will happen the way they're meant to happen, whether I worry or not. I guess I'm saying all that to say this - I pray that each of us get to that place of peace with this process. Some of you were there way ahead of me, and I imagine there are some that are still trying to get there. But I do attribute a lot of this ease to the amount of support and comradery that I get from this forum. So thank you all, and God bless. :wub: [/sup']

Its a great place to be! I am glad you have found that peace.

I have really been surprised at how I have been able to keep up with my liquids and keep sipping. Today, 3 days post op, and I got in 48 ounces of liquid and about 25 was Protein. I know its lots of prayers going up on my behalf.. I told my husband that I feel like they may not have done it correctly because I didn't believe I would be able to drink at all. And nothing taste bad to me at this point. I am not hungry, which is the greatest blessing.

That's good to know' date=' I'm scared of the unknown....[/quote']

That was exactly what I was afraid of! I told lots of people that same thing. I am scared of the unknown. It has turned out to be a not so bad experience so far. I hope it keeps going that way.