Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you everyone for posting about your surgeries! It helps me see what to expect afterword. Hang in there everyone!

Slept on and off for a few hours. One of the residents stopped in. Surgeon should be by in an hour. Hopefully I get cleared to drink. Everything is so dry it hurts!

It sounds like everyone is doing really well. Congratulations to everyone who has been to surgery. And pats on the back to everyone who has done or is doing their pre-op diet. It's not easy, but you guys are doing great. Im dreading it. I hate feeling hungry and I like to chew my food. All liquid is going to be really really hard for me.

Wow, I've been away from the board for a couple of days and I come back to so many people headed into surgery or already recovering. It is a little mind blowing how quickly time passes and how quickly THE DAY sneaks up on you. Especially since all of you have been constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Reading through all the posts I've missed, I realized that I'm the last on the list of surgery dates (June 28th). Not feeling left behind or anything, just wishing my wait was over too. I'm still stuck in that strange limbo land where it feels like the day will never get here, but at the same time it seems to be startlingly close.

I got discharged at 6 last night and was asleep by 9:30. I took some liquid vicodin before i went to bed. That hit within 5 min of taking it. The gas woke me up at 5:30 this morning and I've been pacing my apt ever since. It's not super uncomfortable, just annoying. I'm just gonna keep on walking til this passes!! Good luck to everyone who has their surgery today!!

My surgery is scheduled for the 14th. I start my liquid diet tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Good luck, you will be fine, at this point it a mental thing.

Well my surgery is Monday, the hospital will call me today to give me a time, I don't know what to feel. Im excited and can't wait to go through the recovery, I feel like I've gone through recovery from reading everyone story...Well in awhile I'll have my own story. Today will be my last day of work, so I don't have to worry about that.

Be Blessed,

3 days out from surgery and and I'm not feeling to bad. I have noticed that since getting home and doing more moving around that I am more sensitive in my abdominal area

not really "pain" just a tight feeling.

Took 1 pain pill last night right before bed and actually slept about 6 hours, my previous record was about 1 1/2 hr.

Still working on getting more fluids, I'm so scared of overdoing it and getting sick that I think I'm being overly cautious.

I'm like everyone else...can't wait to get the JP drain out. It will come out at my first post op visit on Wednesday.

I honestly think that I made this out to be much more painful than it has been.

Congrats to those of us that have started our new life and my thoughts and prayers to those about to begin,

I got discharged at 6 last night and was asleep by 9:30. I took some liquid vicodin before i went to bed. That hit within 5 min of taking it. The gas woke me up at 5:30 this morning and I've been pacing my apt ever since. It's not super uncomfortable' date=' just annoying. I'm just gonna keep on walking til this passes!! Good luck to everyone who has their surgery today!![/quote']

The gas is the worst part of the whole surgery. It lasts a few days, but not non-stop. On my sixth day I felt pretty good, on my seventh day I went grocery shopping with my daughter, and on the eighth day (yesterday) I spent three hours shopping (actually just looking at clothes). Today I feel perfectly normal. I woke up curled up on my left side, which I've been afraid to do, and I had zero discomfort. Hang in there. :-)

Well my surgery is Monday' date=' the hospital will call me today to give me a time, I don't know what to feel. Im excited and can't wait to go through the recovery, I feel like I've gone through recovery from reading everyone story...Well in awhile I'll have my own story. Today will be my last day of work, so I don't have to worry about that.

Be Blessed,[/quote']

You will do great! It's not as bad as we make it in our heads.

The gas is the worst part of the whole surgery. It lasts a few days' date=' but not non-stop. On my sixth day I felt pretty good, on my seventh day I went grocery shopping with my daughter, and on the eighth day (yesterday) I spent three hours shopping (actually just looking at clothes). Today I feel perfectly normal. I woke up curled up on my left side, which I've been afraid to do, and I had zero discomfort. Hang in there. :-)[/quote']

It really is the worst part. I'm not i pain at all its really just annoying. I'm going to attempt a shower this morning. Hopefully the warm Water will help.

Where's wannabeawifey??? I pray all is well.

Where's wannabeawifey??? I pray all is well.

I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully we hear from her soon!

Hey guys... Sorry I haven't updated you all. So I an officially on the losers bench, but not without complications.. :/ my surgery went swimmingly and I seemed to be recovering great. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling and looking wonderful. Well, all of a sudden, around 2, I got REALLY sick. I threw up a bunch of dark liquid. They rushed me down for some tests cause they were worried that my bowel was blocked or pinched off. They came back normal and I'm now feeling ok, but that set me back a day so I'm still lot drinking yet or taking oral meds... I will start that today after they do one more test to make sure my bowel is working. Please pray. All I want is to go home. I'm so uncomfortable here and miss my home. :(

Hey guys... Sorry I haven't updated you all. So I an officially on the losers bench' date=' but not without complications.. :/ my surgery went swimmingly and I seemed to be recovering great. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling and looking wonderful. Well, all of a sudden, around 2, I got REALLY sick. I threw up a bunch of dark liquid. They rushed me down for some tests cause they were worried that my bowel was blocked or pinched off. They came back normal and I'm now feeling ok, but that set me back a day so I'm still lot drinking yet or taking oral meds... I will start that today after they do one more test to make sure my bowel is working. Please pray. All I want is to go home. I'm so uncomfortable here and miss my home. :([/quote']

So happy you are doing okay. I hope for a speedy recovery and that you can go home soon!