Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

You are very talented! I really need to start a hobby now that I dont work. I read but that is not really productive!

I wish I could stay at home and do this as a living! I'm too slow tho and still learning but I love it. This and my garden are about my greatest ways to let it all go and escape.

Glad this experience is better for you! I totally get what you mean with weight loss. I am down 53 from 4-22 surgery and while I am happy with that' date=' I was really wishing for more and faster. But in the end, I will take whatever I can get! ;) I am sooooo glad I dont get sick on milk because I drink it everyday with my shakes. That was one thing I was worried about preop.[/quote']

I'm fine if I just have a sip or 2 but I had about 6-8oz and that was too much I guess :( I do my shakes with Water and ice and sometimes frozen fruit or PB2

So I was busy and cleaned house and worked in my garden getting ready for fall planting and cleaned out my front flower bed. I'm severely already feeling like my back is gonna fall apart. I did however sit awhile after supper and finished another quilt. Not really my favorite one but its for my neighbor and is a sweet gesture I suppose.

I love it! I don't know if I could sit still for long periods of time! I'm sure it's relaxing.

So I was busy and cleaned house and worked in my garden getting ready for fall planting and cleaned out my front flower bed. I'm severely already feeling like my back is gonna fall apart. I did however sit awhile after supper and finished another quilt. Not really my favorite one but its for my neighbor and is a sweet gesture I suppose.

How pretty

So excited I'm down 70lbs since surgery :) some days I feel like its going so slow and others I'm THRILLED with my loss lol....Things are so much easier with the rny than they were with the band nothing gets stuck and I've never really thrown up I do get nauseas still from different things but it subsides quickly ...my latest was I tried milk and got quesy and didn't realize it was from the milk til the 2nd time I drank it ....I also can't eat greek yogurt but I can eat regular yogurt and cheese and other dairy ...I am enjoying being able to eat salads and fruits that I could never get down with the band

I haven't tried any milk yet, I've been a little scared. But I'm four months out now, so maybe I will try some. What are most of you using, real milk, rice, soy or something else? Would love some feedback. I make my shakes with Water and haven't done fruit in them either, and I'm getting bored with the plain ole shakes.< /p>

I haven't tried any milk yet' date=' I've been a little scared. But I'm four months out now, so maybe I will try some. What are most of you using, real milk, rice, soy or something else? Would love some feedback. I make my shakes with Water and haven't done fruit in them either, and I'm getting bored with the plain ole shakes.[/quote']

I make mine with almond milk when I make them. I can't tolerate milk but I can tolerate cheese and yogurt..weird. I drank silk soy chocolate milk tho.

I haven't tried any milk yet' date=' I've been a little scared. But I'm four months out now, so maybe I will try some. What are most of you using, real milk, rice, soy or something else? Would love some feedback. I make my shakes with Water and haven't done fruit in them either, and I'm getting bored with the plain ole shakes.[/quote']

I still use water in my shakes and use half and half in my coffee. Haven't tried skim milk yet.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 266 RNY 4/11/2013

I have used 1% or skim milk in my shakes from day 1. I tried them with water and cant stand it! I think they taste much better with milk and it adds Protein too!

Holy moly..been taking flax seed caps and also occasional flax Cookies. I started adding flax to my Greek yogurt..I found the whole flax seeds which were 1.99 at Publix for a pint and tmi alert... No more constipation!!! I am so shocked how much it worked! They honestly aren't bad either.

Holy moly..been taking flax seed caps and also occasional flax Cookies. I started adding flax to my Greek yogurt..I found the whole flax seeds which were 1.99 at Publix for a pint and tmi alert... No more constipation!!! I am so shocked how much it worked! They honestly aren't bad either.

Does flax have any flavor, or is it just bland?

Tried on my size 20 Levis today. Got them on fine but why must the waist be tighter when the butt and legs are already loose!?? very frustrating cuz I wanna be comfortable in my clothes not feel bound up with a tight waist!

Tried on my size 20 Levis today. Got them on fine but why must the waist be tighter when the butt and legs are already loose!?? very frustrating cuz I wanna be comfortable in my clothes not feel bound up with a tight waist!

Ive noticed this about all my pants too. I think my butt is shrinking faster than my waist. I'm usually bigger in the hips. Strange.

Does flax have any flavor' date=' or is it just bland?[/quote']

A mild kinda nutty flavor. I've only had it mixed in ground before. It was milder than granola. Just nutty is about how I can think to describe it. Rooter rooter acting tho haha :)

Holy hell laying on your tummy for a hour and a half in the MRI blows. Had to get both hands and wrists scanned. My back sure as hell did not care for it. Now I get to enjoy a five hour drive home. Have a great day all.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 266 RNY 4/11/2013

Hey that's awesome tho!!! It's gonna catch up!!