Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Nice to hear from you! I called the drs. office today to advance to stage 5. Told nurse about the vomiting. She said to go back to stage 3. pureed foods. Tonight for dinner I had one cheese stick and one slice of turkey coldcut' date=' and vomitted that up minutes after. I've only had about 235 calories today! The nurse said she suspects my stomach hasn't healed yet and to stick to the foods in Stage 3. I see the doctor tomorrow afternoon for my one month follow up, so I hope he has some more advice. I didn't think I could eat saltine crackers, but I will try them. I have a bag of mini saltines that you can sprinkle on Soup. They might go down well. I don't feel hungry, but I am very fatigued so I suspect I need to eat more. I plan on taking only the easily digestible foods to work, like you, because I don't want to get sick at work. Hopefully, things will improve with time. Take care![/quote']

This is why my surgeon advances his patients to puree on day two. He finds they handle food better than the ones who do clear, full, puree, soft then reg. To this day i never have vomited, gotten anything stuck or had any problem with any food.

Nice to hear from you! I called the drs. office today to advance to stage 5. Told nurse about the vomiting. She said to go back to stage 3. pureed foods. Tonight for dinner I had one cheese stick and one slice of turkey coldcut' date=' and vomitted that up minutes after. I've only had about 235 calories today! The nurse said she suspects my stomach hasn't healed yet and to stick to the foods in Stage 3. I see the doctor tomorrow afternoon for my one month follow up, so I hope he has some more advice. I didn't think I could eat saltine crackers, but I will try them. I have a bag of mini saltines that you can sprinkle on Soup. They might go down well. I don't feel hungry, but I am very fatigued so I suspect I need to eat more. I plan on taking only the easily digestible foods to work, like you, because I don't want to get sick at work. Hopefully, things will improve with time. Take care![/quote']

I am still on stage 3 or puréed now and should advance next week to soft. Crackers technically aren't in my phase I suppose but someone on here had mentioned it and I tried it and has worked well. I've scaled back today to just my shakes & sugar free Popsicles and no vomiting. I hope u can get some more calories in! I got sick at my moms and she gave me some triscuits and they worked great even tho I could only handle 2. The cold cuts I had tried didn't work for me either and after vomiting them I don't know if I can ever stand to try it again. I start my new job location tomorrow and I'm nervous as I'm a nurse and use to fast pace and I'm totally new in this location. I've got a Protein Shake, crackers and broth ready to go!! Hope u get to feeling better. Today I felt well enough to walk my 2 boxers and I'm pretty thrilled about that. Take care

This is why my surgeon advances his patients to puree on day two. He finds they handle food better than the ones who do clear' date=' full, puree, soft then reg. To this day i never have vomited, gotten anything stuck or had any problem with any food.[/quote']

I went from clear to full ,puree then soft (havent made it to regular yet) and i also haven't had any vomiting stuck or anything(thank god) i was just very sick of pureed lol and was nauseas around the 4 week mark which ive seen alot are

I went from clear to full ' date='puree then soft (havent made it to regular yet) and i also haven't had any vomiting stuck or anything(thank god) i was just very sick of pureed lol and was nauseas around the 4 week mark which ive seen alot are[/quote']

I haven't had any issues either. I did 2 weeks liquid, 2 puree, 2 soft and then regular. It must just depend on the person.

I haven't had any issues either. I did 2 weeks liquid' date=' 2 puree, 2 soft and then regular. It must just depend on the person.[/quote']

Two weeks puree here and two months soft here.

I was on liquids for four days and then it was soft foods. Never had a puree stage. Never thrown up, dumped or felt nauseated. I do notice when i eat too fast and over fill my pouch my right side and back hurt.

Hi everyone! I don't post on here too often, but I check in from time to time. Today marks my 1 month post surgery. I am doing well. I am down 22 lbs since surgery and 57 lbs since January 1st. I went back to work a week ago. It went a little slow at first, but I am back in the groove now. I walk 3 miles per day. I have a walking partner that is 9 months post op and has lost 130 lbs! My wife is very supportive and she is on a medical diet as well. She has lost 13 lbs in the last month! A few things that I feel help me are the support of my family & friends, I have a accountability partner that won't let me slack, I attend a RYN support group one a month and I NEVER want diabetes or high blood pressure again! Have a great day out there everyone!! :)

HW: 320 CW: 263 GW: 175 WLS: 4/30/13

Ladies since we can't take Motrin or pamperin what have y'all found works for menstrual cramps?

Oh' date=' and is anyone on fitness pal? I only have 1 friend there and would like more. I'm gangstashanel@yahoo.com

*explanation on the email: I was once terribly addicted to mafia wars*[/quote']

I'm on there kimberlyfanny1

I had surgery on the 29th of April and then had to have my gallbladder taken out on the 24th of May! I don't wanna eat or drink anything and the pain is outta his world!

I am 1 month post op today! Time seems to be flying by. Down from 273 to 235, and I cannot wait to be under 200. Haven't been there since 2005. Doing pretty well with food, visited the nut today and she said everything is great, and apparently I am getting all my Protein, despite not drinking Protein Shakes anymore. I should probably record how much I am getting each day, but with 3 kids on summer break, that really isn't possible. I hope everyone is doing well!

Went to see surgeon yesterday. down 20# in 3 weeks total 37. Highest weight 255 now 218. I can taste onederland. Woot woot. Dont own a scale but need to get one for food lol. I am free and clear to have regular foods.

I feel good and have energy and my clothes and he he notice guys staring and smiling instead of nasty fat girl stare. Yayy! Feel normal today!

Went to my post op appt. today and told the Doc about the mild right side pain that radiates to my back after i eat a meal. He wants to scan my gallbladder. Oh please...don't let it be gallbladder. I can't bear the thought of another surgery this soon out.

Went to my post op appt. today and told the Doc about the mild right side pain that radiates to my back after i eat a meal. He wants to scan my gallbladder. Oh please...don't let it be gallbladder. I can't bear the thought of another surgery this soon out.

Sounds like the gallbladder lady.