Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any awesome gadgets we rny peeps need?

I was just wondering if anyone has found some awesome tools/gadgets that help us make things a little easier?? You know food scales, measuring devices, etc?? I'll admit that I dont measure as much as I should and this is probably why its so hard to get in my Protein recommendation. Anyone got some "CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT DEVICES" besides the iphone?? heheh :)

Ninja!!! Some good measuring cups, food scale, small tupperware containers, a pill holder that holds a weeks worth of pills with spaces big enough to fit all the ones you'll need, travel mug (if you're like me and take your Protein drink with you to sip on).....I don't have this, but my uncle had the surgery and he pre measured all his meats and stuff and vacuum sealed them so they'd last. So he didn't have to measure anything post-op. I'd personally rather make larger amounts at one time and fill Tupperware's with servings for the week.

Can't think of anything else.

thanks so much!! i was actually thinking of getting the pill holder earlier this morning. each morning when i get to work, i dig out each bottle and take out what i need. its such a hassle sometimes and was thinking it was about time to get one! Do you know where you can get a food scale? I think thats another thing i need to invest in

thanks so much!! i was actually thinking of getting the pill holder earlier this morning. each morning when i get to work' date=' i dig out each bottle and take out what i need. its such a hassle sometimes and was thinking it was about time to get one! Do you know where you can get a food scale? I think thats another thing i need to invest in[/quote']

You can get a food scale at target or bed bath beyond for about $ 20. Target also has great tupperware food holder with the cup measurements an little built in ice packs. Nice lunch ties as well for work or travel

I also travel locally a lot. I spend weekends at my boyfriend's house. So I got myself a lunch tote that I put Snacks and Protein Powder and Vitamins and papaya enzyme tablets in and take it with me for the weekend. Then I'm ready for anything :)

I havent had my surgery yet but i have been saving up Nyquil cups and asking friends and relatives to save theirs for me. They are

an ounce and free and i figure if i can fill that i know im not over drinking the first few weeks and can measure exactly what i need to

take in.

anyone have thoughts on this idea?

I use 7 baby food jars with the day of the week labeled on them to hold my pills.< /p>

I havent had my surgery yet but i have been saving up Nyquil cups and asking friends and relatives to save theirs for me. They are

an ounce and free and i figure if i can fill that i know im not over drinking the first few weeks and can measure exactly what i need to

take in.

anyone have thoughts on this idea?

That is a good idea but when I was in the hospital they sent me home with a ton of them! If you don't get enough be sure to ask for them.

Magic bullet!! Essential for the puréed phase! I got a pill holder, a Blender Bottle, a set of measuring cups and spoons, baby food jars ( they hold perfect post rny portions). Baby spoons keep me from taking too much food in. I don't use a food balance at all. I haven't needed to yet. Plus the iPhone!! My fitness pal is awesome!

Last thing is a back scratcher. The pain mess would make me itch all over but specially in that part of my back I can't reach!

Gooooood luuuuuuckkkkk!!! You'll do great!

I love my Ninja! I also have a 7 day pill holder. Get a big one! LOL I travel a lot for work and I bought a really nice and big lunch tote to haul my Protein bars, cup-o-Soup, shake packets, Jerky, pills, etc. around with me. I have to eat out a lot so if the menu is not working, I have back ups.

I got my food scale on Amazon and I bought cheap little glass measuring cups at Walmart. They were like a $1.50 a piece.

OH!!! I LOVED my heating pad post-op. I think I used it for three weeks.

OH!!! I LOVED my heating pad post-op. I think I used it for three weeks.

I retired mine at week five....the first 3 weeks it saved my life!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

I just got a generic bullet and a small food scale. Decent measuring cups are another plus. Don't spend too much bc you won't use it for long!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Check out ncescatalog.com. My NUT recommended it after my surgery. It has some tools you can use. I bought the bariatric starter kit. Believe it or not, the little plate with the measurements for food helped me stay disciplined. 4 years post-op, doing great!

Also, I can't live without My Fitness Pal. That may count as my phone but it use it everyday to keep me on track.