Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band removed and bypass sane day?

Yes jan 14th

I had both on the 14 th of Jan...... And now ' date='I do not feel full at all can eat anything ........only lost 20 lbs so far, disappointed.....[/quote']

Don't get discouraged, we (lap band revision to RNY people) were so used to getting food stuck that now that we can actually eat we feel as if we're failing BUT we aren't! I too can eat anything and I don't feel restricted at all so I've had to resort to measuring cup-- eat 1/4 of a cup of anything and no more than 1/2 at a meal and that's enough for our pouch even though our brain can tell us to keep going!!

Keep up the great work! 20lbs is great!!!

It also depends on how big you are before the surgey . I have lost 30 lbs since the 29th of jan but i also have 180 lbs to lose all together so i think thats way it had came off fast . I agree 100% with measuring your food . I measure a 1/4 to 1/2 cup at each sitting 3 to 4 times a day give myself a half a hour to eat if i have left overs in 30mins i trash it . I also keep myself busy for 15mins after eating to stop myself for eating because i think i am hungry ! Its all mind over matter .

Proud mommy to three amazing babies!

Don't get discouraged' date=' we (lap band revision to RNY people) were so used to getting food stuck that now that we can actually eat we feel as if we're failing BUT we aren't! I too can eat anything and I don't feel restricted at all so I've had to resort to measuring cup-- eat 1/4 of a cup of anything and no more than 1/2 at a meal and that's enough for our pouch even though our brain can tell us to keep going!!

Keep up the great work! 20lbs is great!!![/quote']

Thanks, need help, ate till I was throwing up last night, not sure Why....also had a vodka drink at a function, felt horrible!

It is like learning how to eat all over again ! When i get sick and i do sometimes i put it in my not eat that anymore pile lol . But maybe trying this will help you . I was very lucky i have a great dietain who teches great classes that show us how to eat with this surgey ! I never had that with the band !

Thanks' date=' need help, ate till I was throwing up last night, not sure Why....also had a vodka drink at a function, felt horrible![/quote']

Oh Marla I've been there too, I once got so frustrated with this whole thing I stuffed TWO cupcakes in my mouth and enjoyed every minute and calorie of it till like 15min later when out of guilt & shame threw it all up!! We are human we are going to make bad food choices and we will learn the hard way what to do and what not to do just know that you get to start all over again the next day.

I'm by far an expert but, what works for me is drinking Water, when I'm sitting at my desk during the day the old me would of been snacking on some m&ms, Cookies, crackers ect but now I have a pitcher of Water that I've added mint leaves, lemon, cucumber, and ginger to- it tastes so refreshing and I have a pretty cup that I'll fill through out the day and that's stopped my hunger..... During lunch I'll eat light and if I must snack I'll grab almonds, fruit or Protein bar cuz its healthier than a candy bar-- take baby steps, we had surgery on our tummy not our brains so we gotta teach it this new life style

You can reach out to me anytime I'm on FB raquel.rdgz@ymail.com or email me!!

As for the vodka, it could be to soon. I've had a margarita and loved it but I've also tried a beer and it was nasty - everyday is a different day!

It is like learning how to eat all over again ! When i get sick and i do sometimes i put it in my not eat that anymore pile lol . But maybe trying this will help you . I was very lucky i have a great dietain who teches great classes that show us how to eat with this surgey ! I never had that with the band !

I have a pile like that too and it's helped. At first I guess I wanted to "TEST"u pouch but now I'm at a point where I can make smarter choices- of course I'll still have a slice of cake here and there BUT I used to eat Little Debbie Snacks daily so I've came a long way and still have a long way to go :)

Yes I had my removed and bypass done on December 31 no problems the weight is a little slow coming off but it coming 30lbs so far down to 259 but I was told the revision lose slower has any one else heard that

Two bands to bypass lots of scar tissue and adhesions 2/6/13. First 2.5 weeks lived in recliner chair. Everyone is different.

My thought was sleeve but learned that I would have to have band removed recover be tested for Esophageal motility if was ok then another surgery for sleeve. Besides my good friend had a sleeve did good 6 months out now she looks like she gained it all back. The short of it was I would bypass the stuckness caused by band that could happen again with sleeve, for me my to band surgeries were easier than my conversion and I wished my surgeon would have warned me about the pain of cutting muscle/nerve.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232.....Current 211

Does anyone know if it is standard surgical practice, just better, or irrelevant to empty the lapband prior to revision surgery?

Does anyone know if it is standard surgical practice' date=' just better, or irrelevant to empty the lapband prior to revision surgery?[/quote']

Mine had to be emptied because I was prolapsed and obstructing to the point of dehydration....if you're able to eat and drink and not refluxing out your nose (which I hope to NEVER experience again) I can't see where it would make a difference????

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

Does anyone know if it is standard surgical practice' date=' just better, or irrelevant to empty the lapband prior to revision surgery?[/quote']

My surgeon said out didn't make a difference since they were removing it.

It also depends on how big you are before the surgey . I have lost 30 lbs since the 29th of jan but i also have 180 lbs to lose all together so i think thats way it had came off fast . I agree 100% with measuring your food . I measure a 1/4 to 1/2 cup at each sitting 3 to 4 times a day give myself a half a hour to eat if i have left overs in 30mins i trash it . I also keep myself busy for 15mins after eating to stop myself for eating because i think i am hungry ! Its all mind over matter .

Great advice! I wrote that in my notebook of "go to hints" for post op!

I just saw a doc last week to start the revision process. He said he will remove the band and then 3-6 months later due to bypass. Guess its just doctors preferrence and scar tissue etc. I have alot of my appointments scheduled in april :)

Does anyone know if it is standard surgical practice, just better, or irrelevant to empty the lapband prior to revision surgery?

Mine emptied it so there wouldn't be any further complications., especially if you had scar tissue or erosions. Plus he wanted to scope me to be sure.