Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Great news-- Went to weigh-in this morning and lost 5.8lbs. Yippee!!!!!

And that is after spending a week on the road. I was so excited. I was at the grocery store checking out and thought I would just grab a little something while standing in line. Than I remembered it was CTCD. Just in the knick of time. Almost ruined my good day.

OK, so I have this MP3 player that I use while I am walking. I have about a hundred songs on it so far and my favorite one is "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Greenday. I had picked that song because it hit hard. Almost all the time I feel like "I'm the only one". No one else knows what I go thru. It's me and only me. Well, I'm changing and it's partly due to you guys. Listening to all of you, I realize I'm not alone. You guys are walking that Boulevard with me. I'm gonna include the words here just incase you haven't heard the song.

So here is my challenge to all of you. I need a new song for my MP3 that I can listen to while I walk. It has to have a beat to it. Not real fast but something that keeps in time with walking. Something upbeat and cheery. Are you up for the challenge? Thanks.

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

spacer.gifspacer.gifI walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known

Don't know where it goes

But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street

On the boulevard of broken dreams

Where the city sleeps

and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a -

Chorus :

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me

Till then I walk alone

Ah (repeats ... a lot)!

I'm walking down the line

That divides me somewhere in my mind

On the border line

Of the edge and where I walk alone

Read between the lines

Of what's fucked up and everything's all right

Check my vital signs to know

I'm still alive and I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a -

I walk this empty street

On the boulevard of broken dreams

Where the city sleeps and I'm the

Only one and I walk a -

Chorus

spacer.gif

Susie,

Ok, a couple of suggestions.

1. New Shoes by Paolo Nutini (I start my workouts w/ this one)

2. Listen Up by The Gossip (love this group)

Rock on sista!

The only song in the world that MAKES me get up out of my seat.. is Paralyzer by Finger 11. I don't know if it's the beats or the lyrics or both, but I always want to dance around to this song.

Well I’m not paralyzed

But, I seem to be struck by you

I want to make you move

Because you’re standing still

If your body matches

What your eyes can do

You’ll probably move right through

Me on my way to you

And I had to share.. I'm looking for some recipes to make at home (haven't been cooking lately). Found this, there's a lot of things in there I don't like, but it sounded like a lot of stuff I hear you guys mention. If I liked some of this stuff I thought this recipe looked good. Num num

• 12 oz carton cottage cheese
  • 1/4 cup Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip dressing
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt, or to taste
  • 1 tsp dried dill weed
  • 1/2 tsp vinegar
  • 1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1/2 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
  • 1/4 package baby carrots, sliced thin2 tomatoes, cut into wedges

Method

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, cucumbers and carrots. Turn into serving bowl; top with Tomato wedges.

Notes: I have served this dish at many picnics and family reunions, for which I double this recipe. I never have any leftovers. If cottage cheese has a lot of liquid, you may wish to drain off some of it.

Number of servings: 6 (Unbanded)

Great news-- Went to weigh-in this morning and lost 5.8lbs. Yippee!!!!!

spacer.gif

Wooooo Hooooooooooo Suzie!!!! Congrats on dropping all that weight!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Did you know that you are my Birthday twin???? We share the same birthday! And we'll be sharing some band victories, too! Way Kewl!

I'm PROUD of you!!!!

My stomach is GROWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrr......

Congrats Suzie!

I got a call today from Charles and crappy news ....... Cody (step son) grandma on his moms side died today.. it was not completely unexpected as she was on her last round of chemo pills, but extremely sad because all the family was coming up for one last thankgsiving feast over the weekend..... Cody's mom is almost inconsolable... for her.... this sadness, on top of Cody not living with her, and the fact that she was cooking and hosting the family event......

REALLY bad thing is..... the last words his grandma spoke to him were... "You are just doing this to hurt your mother!!!!" (him wanting to live with us) She was on her highpowered drugs and not herself, but still..... last words to a 12 year old.

Getting ready to head out the door.... have a great day and I'll try to check in later from home.

I feel human!!! Washed several days dirt down the drain, and it improved my outlook immensely!!!

They told me to wait til today to shower, and chance getting my neck wet--I tried to wait til Rick got home, but when my friend Becky showed up to borrow the electric roaster, I caved, made her stand by!! NO dizziness, nothing, just a wonderful refreshing shower!!

Aaaahhhhhh.........

Doncha just wish everyone shared their shower stories!!

Kat

Awwww man Tracy that is horrible! Poor Cody---he may not be old enough (or female enough) to appreciate it, but his cyber Aunties are all right there with you guys---big hugs as you work your way through yet another tangle in life. Love to you all!

Kat

Hey Vi's~~

Whew! Busy day getting ready to head up to NJ tonight... we were going to leave as soon as the kids got out of school, but now ds has a special soccer training because he is going to be trying out for the Olympic Development Team next month! So the earliest we'll hit the road is about 8:30pm or so... & get there about midnight.

Will check in from there tomorrow!

Kat- Years ago when I had my hysterectomy I was in the cancer ward at St. Luke's hospital for several weeks. All I wanted to do was take a shower. Nope, no can do. So one day when the Doctor came in I asked hi if I had some help could I please have a shower. So off we went to the shower room down the hall. My husband and me and my IV pole. We had the nurses station cracking up. As we turned the corner my husband tells them if we aren't back in ten minutes- don't come looking for us. They were still laughing by the time we got back. It must have been the contented look on my face. I was just so relieved to have finally showered and even got to wash my hair. So enjoy the little things that make us happy.

Laura, Thanks for the song choice. I downloaded it all ready.

Pamela, Can't seem to find "The Gossip" but the "new Shoes" is downloaded also.

Have a great evening everyone.:clap2:

LOL Suzanne! It DID feel wonderful, something I took for granted!! I had not been showerless for days since my own hysterectomy!

Michelle---travel safe---awesome accomplishment it sounds like for your son!!!

Kat

Hi violets...

Congrats on the weight loss Suzie!

I am gonna go fix supper. I will just check back in tomorrow...take care & have a good night

Evening, Violets!!

TracyinKS..so sorry to hear of Cody's loss. Hopefully he will realize his grandma was sick when she said those words to him.

Kat....glad to hear you're smellin' clean and sweet again!! And glad you're doing so well, so quickly.

Michelle.. have a safe trip. Good luck to the soccer star!

I got my new ring today. It was too loose at 4.5 so they resized it to 4.25 for me. It still spins around a bit, but I'm not going to have it sized down to a 4 cause I don't think it would go over my knuckle at that size. I really, REALLY like it. Will post a pic of it later. The necklace is really nice too. The little marquis diamond looks so dainty and feminine in the vale.

I just got back from bell choir and the Bobster had dinner ready for me. Now it's off to New Day Singers' rehearsal and then home in time to see Dancing with the Stars.

Everyone have a great evening!!! TTFN....

Oh another workout song, back in the day when I tried the gym I listened to "harder,better, faster, stronger" by daft punk. Good beat, it's not really the music I like but this one is a good work out song.

Work It

Make It

Do It

Makes Us

Harder

Better

Faster

Stronger

More Than

Hour

Our

Never