Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Well I came in and posted, and let my left hand hit the alt key or something, and it is all gone-----dammit!

I will try to get back and do it---soon.

Feeling better, slept the entire day away. Hurting is easing up some, thank goodness. Now I have to try to eat, not looking forward to that, but Rick is pushing.

Will be sending emails with Suziecats info soon.

TTY in a little while~

Kat

Good evening, Violets..

We're home and the Bobster has already left for his Bible Study. I have been at the computer downloading the pictures from the Baptism Sunday. I'll post the link at the end of this message.

TracyinKS.. congrats on the adoption!!!

Kat.. so good to have you back!!

Jane...your pics are terrific!!

Suzie..great to have you posting with us!!!

Has anyone heard from Amanda or Sara lately?????

Well, I'm off to start the laundry and then watch Dancing with the Stars.

Everyone have a great night.

Amelia's baptism Nov. 18, 2007

I had several bad pb's this weekend.. yuck. But I did get two sessions of exercise in!!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

OH my gosh, Amelia is soooo cute!!!! Love the purple shoes!!! and that coat dress and little beret! We need a baby in my family!!!!

Jane

Hey Violets~

Just got in from dance class...wow...feels so good to do it again. I've missed it. Don't think I am going tomorrow though, so not a good week...but hey, at least I went.

Judy~ Love the pix. You look amazing. I love the name Amelia too...just beautiful.

Well, after class, I come home and prepare 6 little chicken things. I was hungry. I even took smalllllll little bites, but dammit if I didn't get stuck. I seem to get stuck on lots of stuff. So, no chicken for me. Instead, I had a Protein Bar (15g) and some popcorn. WTF???

Has anyone seen Wicked? It is in LA, and I wanna go. I bought the book on CD, but haven't gotten through it. I just saw a commercial, perhaps I'll check out tix for Valentines Day!

Well, one of the little shits caught a poster on fire today, and burned a wall in my hallway. Then the smoke from the fire extinguisher caused chaos, as the kids ran (yes ran) out of the building. One teacher said, "Those little fu*^%$s ran me over, I was pushed against the wall as they all ran out."

What a day. :faint:. Now I gotta grade papers for my online classes. Will the fun ever end???

Have a great night peeps!

xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox

I saw Wicked and it is really good. I would recommend it!! I love musicals though. I am going again the end of December.

Jane

Pamela - We saw Wicked last year...and my daughter actually has a poster signed by the whole cast! ;) (They were selling them for a charitable cause.) I did enjoy the show very much!

We got mom checked into her rehab center and she's OK with it so far. Afterwards we went for a bite to eat and I immediately got stuck on mahi-mahi (how do you spell 'stress'?) and PB'd for an hour!!! It was the worst I've had. And here I was thinking this morning that I might go for a fill. HA! I don't think sooooooooo.

I talked my boss into letting me have the week off (starting tomorrow) and I am so happy! I am going to cook Thanksgiving dinner and I haven't gotten to do that for a very long time! It'll just be for our little family of 4 + my mom, so it won't be so very difficult, right? Jeez, I can't even remember the last time I cooked a turkey!

Afterwards we went for a bite to eat and I immediately got stuck on mahi-mahi (how do you spell 'stress'?)

At this point...stress is spelled TRACYK ;)

Good morning violets-not much to say this morning. Take care everyone and have a great day!

What's going on Tracyk?? Spill it!

Morning everyone,

Up early today, gots lots to do. Today is weigh-in so I'm kinda anxious about that. Than I have to go give blood for my monthy check and than have to go get my sister and take her to a doctor's appointment. Hopefully I will get the car washed today. Yesterday they said it would be in the 70's today and now this morning they are calling for high 60's. Wish I had that job.

You know that shoe thing? I have noticed the same thing. Seems like my shoes are looser. I have also noticed how skinny my toes have gotten. Now if I can just get my thighs to look skinny.

The guy across the street from me had his band installed about 4 months before me. He looks great. One day he was outside and I went over and talked to him. His daughter came out and just kept saying over and over how great I looked. That's a wonderful feeling. And one other thing I have noticed is that people don't stare as much anymore. I still get a few looks but not nearly as much as I used to. That is a big boost to myself esteem. That way I don't beat myself up after I get one of those nasty looks.

No exercise today. Tuesday is always my day off from that. I do miss it though.

Everyone have a great day. :clap2:

Morning everyone,

Up early today, gots lots to do. Today is weigh-in so I'm kinda anxious about that. Than I have to go give blood for my monthy check and than have to go get my sister and take her to a doctor's appointment. Hopefully I will get the car washed today. Yesterday they said it would be in the 70's today and now this morning they are calling for high 60's. Wish I had that job.

You know that shoe thing? I have noticed the same thing. Seems like my shoes are looser. I have also noticed how skinny my toes have gotten. Now if I can just get my thighs to look skinny.

The guy across the street from me had his band installed about 4 months before me. He looks great. One day he was outside and I went over and talked to him. His daughter came out and just kept saying over and over how great I looked. That's a wonderful feeling. And one other thing I have noticed is that people don't stare as much anymore. I still get a few looks but not nearly as much as I used to. That is a big boost to myself esteem. That way I don't beat myself up after I get one of those nasty looks.

No exercise today. Tuesday is always my day off from that. I do miss it though.

Everyone have a great day. :clap2:

Susie,

I thought this was interesting. I found that people only stare when I look good. But it was at my heaviest that I felt invisible.

Terry~ Glad to hear your mom is set for now. Enjoy your holiday...start drinking early. I remember mom and grandma would get buzzed all day, laughing in the kitchen. I loved it when I was 18 or so...I got to join them. We had so much fun...drinking, cooking, giggling, and eating!

I have such a headache...I feel like I am getting sick again. WTF...not happy at all. Could be that I didn't eat well yesterday. How much Protein in popcorn? ???

Happy CTCday! I am hoping to be good, but the teachers are going to the bar afterschool (because this is our Friday...yeah, no school tomorrow).

If your traveling, travel safely. Hey, Haydee asked what everyone was doing for Turkey day...FESS UP PEOPLE.

xoxoxoxoxoo

Kat~ Hope your feeling stronger every day!

Hi girls---I am gonna LIVE!!!!!!!!!! I fell so much better today! Yesterday was rough, I was so upset...today is much, much better already! The swelling is still bad, the bruising looks wonderful! But I can swallow some today---now if I could just yawn!!

Thanksgiving-----kinda went off the track this year! Normally we all (meaning my family, Ricks family, assorted friends) get together, at one of the houses, and do it like a semi organized pot luck. This year it is to be at my MIL's. I am supposed to bring mashed potatoes (20 lbs worth) and some pies....and under normal years, I'd add a veggie of some kind-just improvise. This year, Rick is doing the potatoes! Pies are frozen! BUT my oldest DD decided she isn't doing it again this year. With both her and Ryan being from divorced families, that gives them minimally 4 houses they need to drop by. Everyone wants them to eat, and by the time you put the girls in the car yet again they go to sleep and wake up grumpy. So she is cooking at home....and my parents and brother decided to join her. And our youngest DD is going to her inlaws (no surprise there). Son is in Houston, supposed to be flown home on Wed. the busiest flying day of the year---hope he makes it! Our friends that usually join us, have family coming in from TX, so they won't be there either. So as it stands now we plan to eat with the family---and then leave!! Go by the DD's then over to our friends for hopefully the 2nd half of the game. I plan on using my recent surgery to its utmost there!! I am usually one laying dinner out, and washing up after--and I am refusing!

Tonight I am walking Rick through making dressing---he has to have some for his work pot luck tomorrow--he keeps saying he can do it, and I know he can, he is a good cook--but I actually feel up to doing something today, so will probably help him! We plan on making enough so we have some here, so we do not have to wait for left overs to be divvied up! We have a small turkey he is thawing....going to get ourselves set up he thinks! He cracks me up, he acts like I am going to be unable to do anything for a month!

He gets up before the alarm, and leaves me sleeping, he has cleaned, and unloaded and reloaded the dishawasher--trying to keep everything done since he is not here to stop me from doing things in the day time! Yesterday was not a biggie, I did nothing, I felt like doing nothing. Today I could do it, but will continue to take it easy so I keep improving. Until Thursday, then I may be really 'bad' again!!! Just kidding!

Pamela, it is so wierd listening to you talk about your days at school, when I talk to my cousin Teri, it is almost like you guys are living parallel lives!! She come to the hospital to see me, and her kids did not set a fire....literally. Someone brought some sort of hot sauce, like Tobasco, and was putting it in everyones tray of Thanksgiving dinner at school. A couple of fights broke out over it, and parents screaming at teachers about good money being spent on food trays (when in reality most of them were free lunches!), and they need to watch closer. Then she said 2 boys went up to a lunch table and did a 1-2-3 kick to the support of the bench seat, and collapsed it while it was full of kids sitting eating. She said it was a horrid day, and that this year can not pass quick enough. She said the one hope she has is that is has always seemed that after one of these horrid years, of kids, she ends up the next year with an awesome group who want to learn, and make life fun again. She says she is working for the hope of next year!

Well I am off to find something to eat, Rick left me several options---but nothing sounds good at all. I did promise to eat tho, so will try.

BBL~

Kat

:angryI think the insurance doesn't know about cut the crap day!!!!!!

Okay enough of my venting!!!

Have a great cut the crap day!!!!

Jane