Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I hope this is the right place to put this, I am doing this for my wife Kathy. She is probably getting out of thw hospital today. Her blood pressure is too low it was 52 over 36, she is getting extra Fluid in an IV. She is awake, alert, but is hurting. I imagine she will be home later today. Our computer is not making connection in her room. She said to be sure to tell you all thanks for the prayers and she will talk to you all when she gets home.

Rick

Yes, Rick, it is the exact right place to put that! Thank you for letting us know how she is doing!! Give her a big hug from us!!

Laura, I know exactly what you and Mdrai are feeling right now. After losing over a hundred pounds and being able to get into sizes I haven't worn in over ten years I'm getting that skinny feeling. And I'm still huge. I have along ways to go but I'm loving what I have done so far. And here lies my problem, I feel like I'm done. I can't seem to get myself jump started again. I've dieted for over a year and a half and I'm done. I need to find my way back to losing again. And the 3 loaves of pumpkin bread I just baked isn't helping any.

I just have to keep reminding myself that "I Want It Bad". I'm so worth it and I will keep going. I've come too far to back slide. Let's hold hands and do this together. I'm with you guys all the way.

Gonna try my hardest this week so that on Thursday I can enjoy myself and my company. I will keep an eye on my portions but I also want to enjoy the day. Too bad Curves isn't open that day. Guess I'll just have to get out and do alot of walking.

So glad that we got an update on Kat. Hugs to her and her family.

Everyone have a great day. :clap2:

So glad Rick posted and Kat should be home today!

Loves ya kat!

And Laura and Michelle... I am in the same place girlfriends... really bumming, I think it is harder now that there is not so much sunlight, it is much colder here and harder to get things undercontrol. I need a kick in the butt... I AM GREATFUL...that I am not gaining and maintaining and that all in itself is an accomplishment. I do want to lose my last 30lbs and only I can do something about it... but what???? I am doing shakes again all week, don't know about thanksgiving but either way, I don't eat nearly as much as I did or want the things I ate.

Anyway.... what can we do girls... lets put our heads together on how to make it happen again for us.

have a great afternoon, i'm off to work

THE PURPLE FUNK!!!!!!!!!

I was in a bad place a month ago. I had finally lost 100 pounds, and was there for a week or so and told everyone, then I gained about 10!!!!! Didn't tell anyone, was too embarrassed. I wallowed in self pity for about two weeks. Then something in me snapped, and I am better. It probably was all the purple thoughts I was getting. Just know that this too will pass. We are all behind each and everyone one of us!!!

Terry, both Tracy's, both Jennifers, both Amanda's, Michelle, Laura, Judy, Gina, (Kit) big hug, Denise, Haydee, Pam, & Denise. If I am forgeting anyone I am sorry!!!! I am dealing with a killer headache today and not functioning up to par!!

REALLY THIS WILL PASS!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

By the way Michelle did your Dr. call you for a fill on Thursday??

My perspective...skip it if you don't wanna hear it!

Well, since it is TOM, I eat..and eat. not to the point I used to, but things I shouldn't have. But, I am not going to let it get me down. Why...because I am a winner! I am not a super human. If I were, I would not have gotten out of control to the point I had to get the lapband, BUT...I am in control of this. I decide what to eat. If it is the wrong things, then I am the one that pays the price. Maybe the gals that are in the funk need to cut themselves a break. Take it easier on yourselves. Tomorrow is a new day. It is very easy to let the scale not moving get you down, believe me, I know. But you know what? We are all losing weight. Maybe a pound or 2 or even 10 come back on, but we are in control of it, and it will come back off. Why? Because we are violets, that is why! I have never "met" such an outstanding, determined, sexy group of ladies in my whole life!! We are violet sistas....hear us ROAR!

OK...corny maybe, but true, or at least that is my honest opinion!!!

Hi Violets,

Roar! I am ashamed I don't check in as often as I should. I've been trying to catch up but y'all are a chatty bunch! I am so glad Kat is ok. Speedy recovery to you Kat.

I have a question...It may sound silly but I need to ask. Has anyone had trouble with their pre-band shoes? Last night, I was walking in a parking lot in my clogs from last winter and I took a header that felt like it lasted 20 mins. I stumbled, ran a few steps wobbled and then fell flat on my face! My shoes were in two different places, my pocketbook was thrown to the grass! My palms have road rash and my ego was dented pretty hard! After thinking about it I thought maybe my shoes are too wide for my feet now. There were no pebbles or pot holes or anything to blame it on. The shoes feel ok maybe a little loose but I didn't think they were hazardous?! Anyone else experience shoe trouble?

Thanks,

Theresa

My perspective...skip it if you don't wanna hear it!

Well, since it is TOM, I eat..and eat. not to the point I used to, but things I shouldn't have. But, I am not going to let it get me down. Why...because I am a winner! I am not a super human. If I were, I would not have gotten out of control to the point I had to get the lapband, BUT...I am in control of this. I decide what to eat. If it is the wrong things, then I am the one that pays the price. Maybe the gals that are in the funk need to cut themselves a break. Take it easier on yourselves. Tomorrow is a new day. It is very easy to let the scale not moving get you down, believe me, I know. But you know what? We are all losing weight. Maybe a pound or 2 or even 10 come back on, but we are in control of it, and it will come back off. Why? Because we are violets, that is why! I have never "met" such an outstanding, determined, sexy group of ladies in my whole life!! We are violet sistas....hear us ROAR!

OK...corny maybe, but true, or at least that is my honest opinion!!!

AMEN SISTA!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS, TracyK I needed that.

I wish I could blame it on TOM. But I don't have those anymore. So I only have myself to blame. It's me not wanting to face the fact that I am a very weak person.

:cheer2:

However, I am getting stronger everyday and I do have to Thank all of you for that. I love all of your stories and butt chewings. They are a boost to me.

:whip: So, now I'm gonna whip myself and than get my butt moving.

other smilies that I find comical but can't imagine how to use in a post:

:flock: :kev: :chinese :llama:

odd ones, these...

oh yeah, and this one: :)

who's proud to be #2??