Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Thanks to everyone who responded. I really appreciate it. I sent my Dr. an email last night, so hopefully that will fix things. I guess I really am just freaking out about the money. I am really not worried about the lap band, as a matter of fact I sort of wish I didn't have to do the hernia, but it has gotten so big...Thanks again!!!

Jane

surgery 4-17-07

<TABLE class=tborder id=post428918 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>557 <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] --><!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] -->report.gif

<!-- status icon and date -->post_old.gif Today, 10:29 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Ms Jen user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_428918", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Dec 2006

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jennifer, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

You did all this by yourself without a word to your husband? I guess I understand. When I told my husband that I was considering the surgery he didn’t really say much at first either. He goes back and forth from being happy for me one minute to making rude comments the next. The other day he told me that if I didn't eat two bowls of Cereal for Breakfast I would not need to spend all our money on WLS. He does say some really rude things but I don’t care. When I came back from the doctors with my surgery date, he said "I can't believe you scheduled the surgery" I thought you would wait until we were more prepared... OMG!!! How do you get more prepared? I think he was hoping I would put it off for awhile which would lead to NEVER getting it done. So you are not alone! Remember we are doing this for ourselves. To feel good about ourselves, to get healthy for us! Don’t let a big jerk make you feel bad. <o:p></o:p>

Well.... I decided on my own, but I am not officially married to dbf, I have my own insurance and I made the decision to go through the hoops, and put my out of pocket max in a Flex Spending Account.. all from my own check. He did go to the seminar with me, and he kind of understands, but he was NOT happy when he found out I had to start a pre-op..... his view is that I will be hard to live with if I'm not eating solid food... so to him.. its all about him and how this will affect HIM.

He is taking off the two days I'm going to be in the hospital... (overnight stay) My dad is watching my son for that same weekend, so that I really have a rest......... I think the situation would be different if we were already married and it was HIS insurance I was dealing with.........

It is going to be an adventure for all of us!

Lunasa -- Welcome!! I'd be interested in hearing more about NLP! Never quite understood what it was. Any good links or books?

OOOOPS Here it goes!!!!

it basically works on the theory that whatever thought process you have or you allow yourself to have your subconcious will do everything it can to get you there...like a self fulfilling prophecy.

So in a lapbanding example...if you imagine yourself getting the band & still struggling & being disappointed with it, you are directing your subconcious to experience that..Mainly because your brain doesn't know the difference between what's tru & what's not when thoughts occur, and your subconcious wants to prove that thought to be true..

On the positive side..if you play a movie in your head of how your life will be after lapband, that everything's better, happier, easier & you're confident & changing well then that's the direction you will go too..

You're subconcious is an amazing & complex thing.

It is based on the idea that mind, body and language interact to create an individual's perception of the world and that perceptions, and hence behaviors, can be changed by the application of a variety of techniques.

Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is based on the idea that with our senses we are only able to perceive a small part of the world.

Our view of the world is filtered by our experience, beliefs, values and assumptions.

We act and feel based on our perception of the world rather than the real world.

Sorry now...long winded approach & it can be a can of worms, but it's definatley worth looking in to.

I have found counselling bringing me round in circles & focusing my energy on finding blame & circumstance...NLP helps me open up to the future...

I suppose Amazon or something like it would have a good book... I prefer to go to a bookstore for books like this.. I prefer to browse.

NLP is an amazing way to train your brain into getting you to places in life or in your head you want to go.

It can be largely based on imagery... And most of all it needs to be practiced BIG TIME...You have to break assosiations & make new ones

Do a google search to find a therapist.

Also...check out the movie "What the bleep do we know" It'll blow your mind

Sorry you asked?:faint: :):D :D

Still trying to access the spread sheet to put in my stats, but all it does is highlight the box.. won't let me put anything in. :)

Lunasa

that is fantastic! and I do beleive there is a lot of truth to that. My mom tells me to see my future and focus on that. It is hard to see me thin but since she told me that I've actually calmed down greatly.

Yesterday, I went nuts looking for a pic of me i put someplace safe and can't find, where i was 150 and didn't even know it was me. I want to find some pics and put them around my house so everywhere i go I can see that.

I have some of those old clothes, not many, maybe i can hang them around my house to know I will fit into them again.

Last page of March Banders has some amazing weight loss for 10+ days post op you guys should check it out, was motivation for me

Lunasa - I'm familiar with the movie and the concepts that you're sharing here. My spiritual beliefs are centered around the concept of "creating your own reality" and I've done tons of reading in that area. So NLP doesn't sound so far out there to me. Thanks for the synopsis...I guess I could have saved you the keystrokes and just gone out to the internet and done my own research!! (lazy bum) ....so thanks again.

Remember in the movie they talk so much about neuro pathways and creating new ones to modify behaviors?... I was sitting in the salon last night waiting for my hairdresser and picked up the March 07 issue of Good Housekeeping. There was a great article in there by M.J. Ryan called something like "So you Want to Change..." It is based on a book called [ame=http://www.amazon.com/This-Year-Will-Finally-Resolution/dp/0767920082/ref=pd_ybh_1/103-6120406-6808645?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0TY1GWJ9ZBKNYESZTAZ4&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_i=ybh]This Year I Will: How to Finally Change a Habit, Keep a Resolution, or Make A Dream Come True[/ame] (link to Amazon.com). I immediately came home and ordered the book. Very solid advice in there based on hard science of how the brain is wired and what we need to do to REWIRE it. I can't wait 'til it gets here. She has a website too,...it's not great...but it does contain a section called [ame=http://mj-ryan.com/files/tyiwsections/keepresolutions/]12 Ways to Keep a Resolution[/ame] that briefly outlines her recommendations. Interesting stuff.

Hi Jen,

I have decided if I'm doing this, failure is not an option. I already have my movie playing...

I am very happy, very confident & very changed.. but only because I am ME in my movie... I haven't become anyone different..because that is what I am now...I am different to who I really am.

In my movie I am free, busy, creative, peaceful, productive & artistic..

writing, gardening, taking photos, painting, early mornings & smiling..

Free from panic & frustration, trusting & thankful...

Jen we are getting done the same day... I tried editing that spread page but couldn't...Lauraj23 is same day also...

What's your movie?

HEY TERRI!!! Brain neurons that fire together wire together!! Totally..it's great..

Create You DAY!!:bandit

My movie is very simple:

I'M ZIPPING UP A SIZE 10 PAIR OF JEANS!! :clap2:

Hi Jen,

I have decided if I'm doing this, failure is not an option. I already have my movie playing...

I am very happy, very confident & very changed.. but only because I am ME in my movie... I haven't become anyone different..because that is what I am now...I am different to who I really am.

In my movie I am free, busy, creative, peaceful, productive & artistic..

writing, gardening, taking photos, painting, early mornings & smiling..

Free from panic & frustration, trusting & thankful...

Jen we are getting done the same day... I tried editing that spread page but couldn't...Lauraj23 is same day also...

What's your movie?

HEY TERRI!!! Brain neurons that fire together wire together!! Totally..it's great..

Create You DAY!!:bandit

My movie? well I don't have one quite yet, but it is becomming clearer I see myself being thin and healthy, going to the Water park with my daughter and going on rides with her. Just being more active and going to the gym, which I love doing but just dont feel like it at this point in my life.

I want to be more trusting myself and don't want to feel like everyone is calling me a fat ass but talking about me because I look so great.

You need to pm me your real email address and I will then invite you to be a collaborater.

Still trying to access the spread sheet to put in my stats, but all it does is highlight the box.. won't let me put anything in. :)

You need to pm me your real email address and I will then invite you to be a collaborater.

Tracy

can you please invite me to collaborate? I will post my main email because I welcome anyone to email me.

I do have gmail jeffinur@gmail.com

my main email is jstroman@nycap.rr.com this one i always have open

thanks

I just sent both Jennifur and Teach an invite.

I am getting ready to leave the office for the day.. so I most likely won't be on line til later tonight and maybe not til tomorrow at home.

This is my last weekend of solids........... LORD HELP ME :)

(truly though I'm ready)

LOL Terri, love your movie!

My Movie: I'm wearing a little red dress, red shoes and lookin hot!![/B]

Seriously folks, how are you all today? I've recieved loads of phone calls and e-mails wishing me luck for Monday from my friends and work colleauges which is real sweet.

I went out and bout £10 worth of magazines to take with me!! I've just got to pack now on Sunday.

I met a friend for lunch, and she gave me a little present to open up after my op, everyones been so lovely....

Ive just got to get through this weekend....:)

Sara x