Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

WOW

18 days and 10 of them I will be gone. I am getting so excited. I still get a little nervous that I won't wake up and my kids will be alone but I know I will be fine, but still, there is always a risk.

I hope that by my daughters birthday in July I will be more comfortable going to Six Flags with her and going on some rides.

Hello Jennifur...

I'm scheduled for my band surgery the same day as you! 4/16

I have my consultation in the UK this monday 4/2.. I live in Ireland.

I am nervous... I have that haunting self doubt that this will not work.

In saying that this site has helped me so much & I've come across so much positivity & success. I'm hardly getting any work done as I am surfing the site so much.

What a brilliant resource for us! Someone earlier said the nerves & anxiety have a lot to do with the life change we will be undertaking. Undoing a lifetime of self, an analogy I also heard (in a book) is that because our behaviour is so unconcious it would be like un-learning how to drive...that's scary!

So I guess the biggest fear is finally facing this committment & breaking up with the food relationship we've been having all our lives.

How exciting though to know this time could be the last time at breaking point! We will have our bands to help us be consistent.

Dr Maurice Laroque is a behaviour & obesity expert (canada) & reckons it takes 3 weeks of consistency in new behaviour to break an old & negative behavioural habit...sounds a bit too short a time, but that's 3 weeks with NO exceptions...I've never done that! I've always cheated, even if it was small or even just in the mind!

Anyway...blah blah,

I just wanted to say hello to you & that we will be on that table same day ( although in my time zone, I'll be out before you go in!)

And Tracy...please put me on the april bandit list??

Wow Tracy you are lucky, to have such a lovely boss! (can we share him! lol)

When I was researching for holidays, I thought it looked such a beautiful place. I'll only nearly be 3 months post op when we go to Mexico, I wanted to go towards the end of summer, but my daughter and hubby said no, they wanted to go even earlier than the date I booked, like you I wanted to be 'slimmer' before I went and bared all on a beach, I hate people looking at me in a swimming costume, and I contantly wear a sarong, which is sad really.

As far as time goes now, I thought I better be sensilble re diet now, earlier in the week, I had a rebel streak, and felt I ought to eat whatever and when ever I wanted, silly really, as Im only making it worse for myself now. Ive only got 3 days from today till I have the surgery, Ive got a massive report to write which should keep me occupied over the next 3 days, and on Sunday get the house clean and tidy.

This is a massive step were all taking, I know weve made the right desicion, otherwise we wouldnt be 'here' but blimey....as the op draws closer, Im getting a bit nervous, last night I had 4 episodes of breathlessness gasping for air, its like my body is in panic mode now?

Have a great Friday everyone.

Hugs Sara x

Heather I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandad, my thought are with you at this time.

Lunasa, I'm in the UK, Dorset, Im having my surgery in Winchester. I'm going with the BMI group, hope your consultation goes well on Monday, I'll be having my band put in that day...gulp!

Lunasa

Good morning - or evening. LOL

My neighbor/best friend is from Ireland and goes home all the time. I have a banding buddy, how exciting.

There are so many thoughts and fears but I think it will all be good. My biggest fear is not that I will fail, but I can't remember the last time I was thin and I won't even know myself. I have been going to therapy weekly to work on my self confidence issues, food issues and trying to mentally change my life so I will be prepared.

Best of luck!

Sara

I know I will have that panic mode, I already do, but it will all be good and all be worth it.

I was with my friend in the waiting room 2 weeks ago with her and she was so calm waiting, I was nuts for her! LOL

Hi Jen,

I will start a buddy list now & add you to it. We will compare notes!

Fear.....fear...what is it we fear? It has to be the break up..

Anyway, We'll be in touch & we will overcome.

therapy is a great idea, I will be doing same.

Sara Mos,

I'm getting done with healthier weight Manchester...:P

(God That was difficult adding to buddy list.. think I did it though

I have to pimp my profile too & get one of those ticker things)

Aw thanks Jennifur,

I cant seem to think straight at the moment, Im so excited, yet 'hyped up' Ive lost my irritable phase, but my concentration for anything at the moment is deminishing. I'm hoping this document I have (must) to write will take my mind off things.

Last night I was surfing all of the lap band sites, avidly reading up on it again, I watched a TV programme this week too of this girl who had a gastric stomach stapeling, I know ours isnt like that, but I saw the laprascopes in her tummy on the TV and thought, OMG...thats going to be me on Monday, and I know it will be uncomfortable for a few days etc...but its after Jennifur, thats what I need to conquor.....changing myself..'inside out'....and not having food as a comfort...

I know we will succeed....but as time gets closer, and the more I think about it, and contemplate it....the more emotional Im getting.

Sara x

So for those who don't know - I was laid off my Job last July and am a full time student right now, desperately looking for a job for May. anyway I get to watch lots of Talk shows, I recorded Oprah last week because she had a WLS show and yesterday on Dr. Keith there was a woman who looked great, had the surgery, BUT she replaced her food addiction with alcohol. She wont eat so she doesn't gain an anything but started drinking and drinks like she use to eat.

I think it is good to have a process and mentally prepare yourself before surgery, like I was forced to look at myself and I'm trying to work out my issues. There are so many who don't have a process, they just do it and I don't know if that is good either.

anyway, just needed to throw that out there. My therapist loves that I'm doing this because she was getting paid weekly. LOL

Hi Sara Mos...

I am very worried too... Am I doing the right thing etc... Am I just spending a fortune for a cure?

I heard about that WLS show (oprah?) about replacing food addiction with alcoholism... OMG I can't even "go there" in my head.

I am going to keep a major diary...

I need to get to know myself a bit better, for real.

I can't wait to meet myself!

This is gonna sound weird but

Recently I discovered something about myself..I love being outdoors, well I always knew that, I love scenery, gardens, discovering new places, top of hills, valleys streams etc etc but only experienced the actual buzz i get in my spirit being in those places recently.. I also have had an interest in taking up photography & painting for ages but never acted on it & thought to myself..

is the reason I don't indulge in this nature buzz or didn't know that about myself before or persue those hobbies because I'm too busy indulging in food, at home, out of sight. I tend to be a bit frantic about getting home to eat & then too tired to move after..

I don't think I'm expressing this right, but I wonder if Food & weight has kind of distracted me really from who I am?

Does anyone understand that?

As I approach my surgery date I find these thoughts crossing my mind!:faint:

Hi Lunasa,

Yes it do understand what you said. In fact the last 7 years of my life Ive been hibernating, I have changed, l've lost confidence too. 7 years ago, I embarked on a masters degree, I was working full time too, and working away from home from my family every week. my employer at the time insisted I had to get 2 other diplomas too needed for my then job, so in a 3 year period I worked full time, got a masters degree and 2 diplomas put on 4.5stone (thats 63lbs) and lost my 'life' in otherwords I became workaholic and lost what it is to live, if that makes sence. I find it difficult to go out in the evenings, motivate myself to met people out of work, and Im tired when I get home from work, cook dinner and then flop.

This op is just the start of changing me, going back to the old me, a little wiser I hope :P but the person I once was a long time ago, .....I think I need councelling support too you know....

This is just the begining for us, 'The journey' we all must have had things happen to us in our life which changed us, and we turned to food for comfort :mad:

We will suceed......

Hugs Sara x

Hi Lunasa,

This op is just the start of changing me, going back to the old me, a little wiser I hope :P but the person I once was a long time ago, .....I think I need councelling support too you know....

This is just the begining for us, 'The journey' we all must have had things happen to us in our life which changed us, and we turned to food for comfort :mad:

We will suceed......

Hugs Sara x

God Sara,

thank post made me quite emotional. :cry

We're on the edge of a sad place, but luckily & finally it's our backs we can turn on it. It's not our future.

We will suceed, we are looking into a big wide future, a wizard of OZ journey...

Let's not mourn now anymore what brought us to this point so we can move on & leave it behind...

Have you ever heard of NLP...neuro linguistic programming?

It's a fantastic form of coaching.. I found it more beneficial than counselling as it does not focus on the past but rather opens you up to the future.

It's really quite amazing & quite instant. It's an excellent way to move forward!

I quite agree Lunasa and Jennifur,

Finding a process is the next step after surgery. I have heard of NLP, I looked into it once (I remember 'anchoring' techniquics). Sorry if I went a bit 'deep' earlier, guess I was sharing how I got into my own situation, and its weird, this week my youngest daughter and hubby had a discussion with me about it, its strange how you dont see yourself changing, but others do, and can pin point exactly when!! Scary!! But like you said, thats the past, done and dusted, and now Im ready to open a new door into the future...

Hey, why dot we set ourselves goals? You know, like nice treats (& I dont mean food, LOL!) Every stone (14lbs) we lose we could buy ourselves something really special as a reward :P ....in fact Ive got my beedy eye on a gorgeous pair of earings I like, so when I lose my 1st 14lbs, I'll buy them :mad:

What do you think? Its a good motivationer? I've got 100lbs to lose...so thats 7 targets goals, lol, better start saving now!!

Yeh, I like that Idea,

Although I don't know what I'd buy as I haven't my eye on anything in particular!

Ok!!! Now I'm b eginning to stress, no freak!!! My band date is two weeks off I have pre-op class tomorrow, i"ve broken out in a rash, want to eat everything in sight. I'm obsessing about any and everything. I feel I need to be talked of the edge!

:help:

Jennifer