Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

In regards to Pre-Op testing:

The hospital that did my tests said that the Blood Test must be done no more than 14 days in advance of the surgery, and the EKG and Chest Xrays are good for 6 months.

Hope that helps those of you waiting -- anxiously -- ;)

Hi everyone,

well this is it my last week of EVER over eating.. Need less to say I have had chips (which honestly I don't normally do) Pad Thai (my favorite) and am just now freaking out about going on the clear liquid for 7days prior to surgery- I have purchased my Jello, broth Soups etc but have discovered that the only high Protein Shake I really like is the Atkins. Does any one have any other suggestions..

Ana = Day3447

weight.png

In regards to Pre-Op testing:

The hospital that did my tests said that the Blood Test must be done no more than 14 days in advance of the surgery, and the EKG and Chest Xrays are good for 6 months.

Hope that helps those of you waiting -- anxiously -- :)

Hi GR8--We'll have to keep in touch a little closer considering your day is the exact as mine--Have you found any good tasting Protein Shakes?

weight.png

Hey just wanted to say that I just found this site tonight and that my surgery is on April 11th!!! I'm very excited. I'm self pay so the process was quicker for me about 2 months! Add me to the list!!!!!

Just don't ask about the constipation.....

I recently bought a big ol' thing of "Benefiber" at Sam's and I add it to just about everything....you seriously can't detect it in your food....or even in drinks! AND it really "does the trick" so to speak.

I hope everyone is doing well...especially those of us on pre-op diet!!!! I keep trying to tell myself...I will NOT starve to death, well not completely to death anyway--right????

Panda you should be proud of your loss!! that's great!!

I like a variety of Protein shakes---I just tried slim fast high protein--it's good--never seen it before today!

Any more tatoo stories???? I'm fasinated????

WELCOME newbies, glad to see more everyday!!!

I have just registered today on this site. My surgery is April 4 so add me to the April banders.

Welcome!! You'll love it here. Lots of support.

I'll be band on April 13th

Jennifer

I hope everyone is doing well...especially those of us on pre-op diet!!!! I keep trying to tell myself...I will NOT starve to death, well not completely to death anyway--right????

Panda you should be proud of your loss!! that's great!!

I like a variety of Protein shakes---I just tried slim fast high protein--it's good--never seen it before today!

Any more tatoo stories???? I'm fasinated????

WELCOME newbies, glad to see more everyday!!!

I'll try to get a pic of the 2 on my back and post it this weekend.

Good Morning everyone

Another Day down, I survived my first day of very strict diet for me, which was sooooooo hard as my daughter decided yesterday she wanted a bowl of my Favorite Ice Cream that I can buy in the store. This is not going to be so easy with my very thin, can eat anything in the world daughter.

I might have to get some benefiber and need to get one of those tasteless Protein powders too. I have to get off the tea I told you all about, I've b ecome addicted. LOL

Have a great day all!

Hi to all.

I'm Pat and I got the insurance acceptance call today from Dr. Abkin's office. I live in Western, NJ and am 34 years old.

Basically, I come from a fat family. My mother had GB two years ago and has done really well with it. My wife struggles with her weight, and we don't want this life for our three daughters.

My girls are ages 3, 1 and 1 and they keep us busy, but I wish I had more energy to run around with them. I'm doing this surgery for them and for myself and for my wife.

Nerves are starting to get me after getting my insurance acceptance. I'm scared of not getting off of the table and leaving my family...This is normal, right?

I've been lurking on this board lately and have already gained so much insight from all of you.

My surgery is April 3rd. I also did not need a pre op diet. No one mentioned it, so I didn't ask! All I was told was to try not to gain any more weight.

I would love to here from everyone.

Pat

Hi Pat,

My surgery is April 3rd as well. I have 2 little girls ages 4 and 6, and I really want to lose weight so I can play, swim, and do all the fun kid stuff with them. But, I'm like you, I'm thinking what if I don't come out of this surgery. Then they wouldn't even have a mother!!! It terrifies me, but I guess this is normal. I'm going to Dr. Ortiz in TJ. He has done over 4000 of these surgeries, and hasn't killed anyone yet!:nervous

Donna

I have just registered today on this site. My surgery is April 4 so add me to the April banders.

Hello skinnysomeday,

Good to see you on the band wagon.

I'm scheduled for next Monday 4/2/07.

Good luck to you!

Darla

Just signed up to LBT and am loving all the info. I am scheduled for my surgery April 19th and can't wait!!! I have my pre op today so hopefully all will go well. Don't really know what todays appt will be like. Anyone from Jax, Fl?

Just signed up to LBT and am loving all the info. I am scheduled for my surgery April 19th and can't wait!!! I have my pre op today so hopefully all will go well. Don't really know what todays appt will be like. Anyone from Jax, Fl?

Jax? YES!!!!!

I'm in jax! Who's your surgeon? (as you can see in my posts) my surgeon is Dr. Cywes.

I'm scheduled for April 2nd (next monday....5 more days!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh! starting to get the jitters...lol)

-Panda-