Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

hello all

yes, trying to break some pre-surgery stress with lighter topics. LOL

I have a few tattoos, I have a vine around my ankle, my first one, then I added a butterfly to that and more color, then I got a dragonfly on my back and in August I got the biggest best one of all, it is a vine with lilly's on it, so it looks like the dragonfly is going in for a landing. It is huge and took 3hrs to do, I was climbing the walls but so worth it, IT is my favorite.

So how bout this, as I've said I am going on vacation next week, and since I've lost some weight wanted to get a bathingsuit that at least fit. YUCK

I will be back to very strict diet starting tomorrow. I already blew it today, but I am now cutting up celery and cucumbers and going to get my oranges this afternoon. It takes something like that to completely gross me out.

I can't wait til this time next year! Even if I am not at my goal by then I will look better than I do now.

How depressing

Just hang in there!! What I think about when I start stressing is those 40 lb bags of potting soil that I can hardly lift to put in the car when I go to Wal-mart and I grumble when I have to drag it out to use. Well I'm asking my heart to do more than that. I'm carrying around at least 3 of those bags everyday and hopefully within the next 2-3 months I'll be rid of at least one of them and by next year all three will be gone forever:clap2:

Guys, I just had to share this with you all.

Since January when I had my first visit with Dr. Cywes and he first gave us a basic overview of our new diet/pre-op diet, I've lost 27 lbs!! :faint: :clap2: :faint:

Today I had to get cleared for surgery by a cardiologist, and at his office the scale said I was at 249, and I just weighed here at work (I know it's only 1 lb off from Dr. Cywes's office) and sure enough, I'm at 249!!! (it said 248, but again, it's 1 lb off, lol).

I'm OFFICIALLY under the 250 mark and I haven't even had the surgery yet (( didn't realize I'd been eating my 'pre-op' diet this whole time till last week - but it's do-able and apparently has been working!!)):hungry:

I hate to sound like I'm boasting - I know some of you are having problems losing the required pre-surgery weight your Dr.'s gave you, so i kinda feel bad about this post - and I'm not trying to boast....but I've NEVER been able to lose on my own...ever....period. No matter what I did, I couldn't do it. And now, I'm so desperate to be sure I didn't gain/that my liver would be right for surgery that i've finally be able to do it....

I have to go buy new clothes this weekend (with as much as I really can't afford it! - Thank HEAVENS for Goodwill!). Or raid my mom's closet (she's been a size or so smaller than me for a few years now).

I'm just absolutely BLOWN AWAY by this....i mean...just.....F-L-O-O-R-E-D.

Watch me get the band and not lose any more for a while, LOL....:) j/k....I'm so excited for next monday (my surgery day - 6.5 days from right now!)....Thankfully I have plenty of work to keep me busy (at least for a couple of days...lol).

Anyway, I'm praying for all of you on this board, and I know we'll all do great!

Hope you're all having a great Monday!

-Panda-

Great for you!!! :clap2:

I don't have to buy new clothes for sometime. I have a variety of sizes in my closet. (I'm a pack-rat) As I lose I'll just take up the waist, use the blouse as a jacket etc. I'm saving my money for the perfect size whatever after I'm stable.

Hi April bandster friends! I'm just about there! Band date is next Thursday April 5th. I have a pre-op appt this Wednesday March 28. Hang in there everyone! I'm finding that in the wee hours of the morning, I'm awake and getting nervous about the surgery. Things like how am I going to deal with not lifting my 2 year old! (he will be 2 on March 29)...oh yeah, and we have a puppy! 11 week old yellow lab who is in the throws of housebreaking! I have 2 other kids as well, a 6 year old and a 4 1/2 year old.

Anyone know how LONG until you can drive and then how long until you can lift after surgery? My hubby will be taking the entire week after my sugery off work so I know that will help tremendously!

Excited but nervous too!

Bandedme (almost!)

4/5/07

I was driving within just a few days...I drive an automatic, fully loaded car, nothing strenuous!

I also provide day care for my now 2 year old granddaughter, she was 16 months when I had surgery. I tried not to dead lift her for a couple of weeks. I would sit down, and hold her hand while she crawled into my lap. I held her hand and let her climb up in the hgh chair. With the week off with your DH that should get you through the worst of it. Wprk with the 2 yr old now climbing in and out---so you can help while you can---then in a couple of days he will have it down.

My Dr. showed me how to lift the baby, when it was necessary. He had me sit down, and have her as close as possible to my body. Like in a bear hug, and stand up using my legs---not my ab muscles.

Now the puppy---bending over is not usually pleasant! I would let the pup spend as much outdoor time as possible when you are home alone! You can bend--juts try to bend your knees and kind of squat which is fun!!! Just try not to bend at the waist for a week or so.

Ideally we would all be able to rest and relax until healed---but real life just doesn't work that way!!!

good Luck!!! Your day is fast approaching!

What a wonderful group you have all formed!!!

Kat

Hi, don't know if you saw my thread where they have changed my surgery date from April 12 to April 16th. Please change it on the thread you have going...Thanks...Margi

Thought we all could use an update..

April 2007 List

Maizemommy - 04/02

SFeliz001 - 04/02

CJulzGO - 04/02

Sara Mos - 04/02

Adumont75 - 04/02

Darla - 04/02 (mother to Panda)

Panda - 04/02 (daughter to Darla)

Squale(Pat) - 04/03

Kity - 04/03

Sparkette(donna) -04/03

TerriDoodle - 04/04

TexasP - 04/04

OnlyMe - 04/05

BandedMe - 04/05

DaveinToronto - 04/05

ShineOn - 04/06

Heather228 - 04/06

Chica Chula - 04/09

MsPruett - 04/09

Gr8 - 4/09

TeachLady (Judy) - 4/10

Bwaydiva - 04/11

StaceyLynn - 04/12

Lucy22884 - 04/12

Horns10 - 04/12

MS_Jen - 04/13

Tater Bug - 4/13

Jennifur - 04/16 - keep that chin up!

Margi - 4/16

LapDancer - 04/17:clap2: you fought a good fight!!!!

Keluliana - 04/17

Katschai - 04/20

Flax - 04/26

Adorable - 04/26

TracyinKS -04/26 :)

Kimmie - pending

GoodandReady - pending

SchexyMomma - pending

Singdeborah - pending

Please add me to the list... I will have surgery on 4/13! I am so excited!!!

I do have a question, I am having problems trying to figure out what to set as my long term goal!!! How silly! But I am! I have been trying so hard, for so long just to hit in the lower 200s that I cant wrap my brain around getting past that! SO.. 200 is my first mini goal and 199 is a day of celebration at a pottery place I can go paint at. Part of me is afraid that I wont make it to 199 so I cant even think of getting smaller then that. My doctor says that little goals are good. How did you guys figure out what to work towards? I dont want to short change myself by making an easy goal but I also dont want to set myself up for dissappointment if by being unrealistic. :help:

Jennifer

that is a great way to think about it, and next year will be fantastic, just no pics this vacation. LOL

Margi

Thank goodness. LOL now I have a banding buddy on the same day

Bandedme

I have a 3 year old mama's boy but a 13 year old to help and a 10 month old shepard/hound mix who weighs 60 lbs and likes to jump and play. so I got the newspaper out since the knee up to his chest doesn't work anymore since he is so huge. I'm glad he loves to play outside!

March is almost over everyone. Another day closer!

I do have a question, I am having problems trying to figure out what to set as my long term goal!!! How silly! But I am! I have been trying so hard, for so long just to hit in the lower 200s that I cant wrap my brain around getting past that! SO.. 200 is my first mini goal and 199 is a day of celebration at a pottery place I can go paint at. Part of me is afraid that I wont make it to 199 so I cant even think of getting smaller then that. My doctor says that little goals are good. How did you guys figure out what to work towards? I dont want to short change myself by making an easy goal but I also dont want to set myself up for dissappointment if by being unrealistic. :help:

Welcome!

I want to be much less than what I set my goal at (175) but I was trying to be realistic about the situation. My surgeon said stats say I should only lose 50% of my excess weight so I should be down to about 200 when I'm done, but I think that is on the conservative side. Looking at what great things everyone here has accomplished is amazing. But I don't want to disappoint myself, when I get to 175 I will make new goals.

I know, blah blah blah, but i hope it helped :)

Can't talk long. I actually threw out my scale today. (I'll get another one after surgery.) I was really getting down on myself about why I haven't lost weight pre-op. I don't have a pre-op diet but I was gonna try to do something anyway... well that didn't work out so well. Whenever I "diet" I just manage to gain more weight and I feel hungry all the time. When I'm hungry I'm pretty bitchy and since I work with kids that wasn't really working out. I'm excited about the band and working hard battling the voices of self-doubt and self-loathing. I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well. April is just around the corner guys!!

Talk to ya'll soon. Love, Sheila

Hi April bandster friends! I'm just about there! Band date is next Thursday April 5th. I have a pre-op appt this Wednesday March 28. Hang in there everyone! I'm finding that in the wee hours of the morning, I'm awake and getting nervous about the surgery. Things like how am I going to deal with not lifting my 2 year old! (he will be 2 on March 29)...oh yeah, and we have a puppy! 11 week old yellow lab who is in the throws of housebreaking! I have 2 other kids as well, a 6 year old and a 4 1/2 year old.

Anyone know how LONG until you can drive and then how long until you can lift after surgery? My hubby will be taking the entire week after my sugery off work so I know that will help tremendously!

Excited but nervous too!

Bandedme (almost!)

4/5/07

My Dr. said that as soon as the anesthesia wears off. Prob the next day if you feel up to it.

Misty, I have the same band date as you and I can't wait. I have set my goal of 30 lbs by June. I know it may be hard but I'm willing to put in the work.

I'm OFFICIALLY under the 250 mark and I haven't even had the surgery yet (( didn't realize I'd been eating my 'pre-op' diet this whole time till last week - but it's do-able and apparently has been working!!))

Panda- zCongrats on you loss!!!!! Hey- would you mind sharing your pre-op diet? I would very much like to try this before I have to start my liquid pre-op diet. I need a boost!

-Schexy

Hi All -- I am scheduled for 4-9. I completed my pre-op tests today at the hospital -- that consisted of Bloodwork, EKG, and Chest Xray's.

I have started my liquid diet -- it is quite filling -- I am unsure how I am going to get all 3 shakes down after being banded, as full as they leave me now.

I look forward to hearing about everyone's experiences!

Best Wishes Everyone!

Gina

Thanks guys!! Made me feel better that I only have the one mini goal.. so for now I guess that I will stick with that. Another odd question.. when you all weight at home.. do you have a specific time? I know that you tend to weight more at night then in the am... clothed.. unclothed..???? I have been weighing myself at night both with my normal clothes of the day as well as my night gown.. usually its only a 3 lb difference.

What time is your surgery MS_Jen? Mine is scheduled at 12:30 (MST) have to be at the hospital at 10:30ish. I will be thinking of you!