Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hiya all

Ive just read the April 06's new thread, I dont often cry much, but I'm blubbing away here, I cant belive how wonderful they all feel and their acheivements, Oh gosh I wish it were this time next year now, I know the journey is the 'fun' part but I so want/need to change, why didnt I do this sooner? Why have I been so 'blind' all these years, Im ashamed Ive ignored how I look, how I respond to life's crises, and put on more weight...

sorry folks....I feel like Im at an ending of a cross roads here, changing who I am and who I need to be (true self)

I ended a situation today at one of the places I work in too, I told them Id had enough etc and felt a huge sence of release...only to come home to find a few e-mails from certain officials that they are suddenly intrested in all of the work I have been doing...its time I started cutting off from situations/people that drain me

Gawwwwwwd....sorrrrrrrryyyyyy

Hugs Sara...this is an emotional journey. I am glad, and you should be too to have our band family here to share with. THERE ARE NO RULES, AND EVERYTHING YOU FEEL IS RIGHT...Know that you are loved and supported here.

Tracy, I hope the cabinet didn't hurt you tooo much. I think I would have cried, if not from the pain, the pain in the ass at putting it all back together. Thanks for the giggles about the splitting of the pants...been there, done that!

TeachLady, Welcome. I am a teacher too! This is a great site, keep us posted on your progress.

I started liquids today and I am STARVING:hungry: but am proud of myself. I have a killer headache, sugar and carb w/drawl. I will probably go to bed early, just hope that I don't kill anyone in the next few days. My poor students...lol. They are actually awesome.

Hang in there ladies and gents...APRIL IS AROUND THE CORNER!

OK... have you all heard (from vetran bandsters) about

Soft Stops & Hard Stops?

and this is the REALLY awesome part........... I got up and dumped the remainder of the bowl INTO THE TRASH!!!!!! I did NOT save it for later, I DUMPED IT!

Yay ME!:P

Hey, Congrats - that must be a fantastic feeling. I ate way too much tonight and feel horrible, had a big bowl of lettuce and 1 slice of pizza and felt like i ate thanksgiving dinner.< /p>

Soon after I posted my good morning greeting my (short version)

1) Work Puter Died (Black Screen of Death)

2) Filing Cabinet Fell over ON me ( 2 drawers, employee files )

3) Went P, and when I bent over, the seam of my slacks split WIDE OPEN!

(and I'm wearing grannie panties today!!!! ) :P

Needless to say I went home to mend my clothing malfunction.....

Returned to work to find a LOANER computer in my office... and I have spent the last 2.5 hours reloading software.................

and here I thought I would have a nice quiet day!!!!!!!!!

I am not there with you...didn't you know I was the only one who had days like that? LOL

Hey all

wow what a crayz couple of days. Yesterday I spent most of my day at the hospital but on a happy note:

I do not have any gallstoness

I do not have any blood clots

I do not have to have the sleep study

I got an extra script to keep me from throwing up after surgery, I always do

I do not have to go back or any other appts until April 16 when they do my banding !!!!! YIPEE!!

My friend Melissa (I met at support group) had her surgery yesterday and it went so well (she is on the March board here) her surgery was at 2 and took less than an hour, she couldn't get a room until 8:30 so unfortunately for her she was very alert and in the recovery room but they got her ipod and a book while she waited.

she is home tonight and sounded great and felt good when I talked to her. She showed me where he went it. I was so excited for her and was so great to be there with someone else ! I am going to visit her Monday so I'll get some tips!

So that is what I've been up to the last 2 days. I am so excited I can't stand it.

lo Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I am still here.

I went for pre-op yesterday and everything is on go.

Waiting for 4/2/07. Total weight loss so far is 22 pounds. :speechles :P

I have been very busy:

Husband had surgery last week. All went well.

Planning a wedding vow renewal. Getting married again on Saturday, to my best friend. We are renewing our vows for our 30th Anniversary. We did not have a church wedding the first time. We have been going to have a church ceremony for the last 30 years and are finally doing it.

Then have lap-band surgery planned in a little over a week.

Full schedule;)

Things will calm down in a couple of weeks, I hope.

Gotta go for now.

but they got her ipod and a book while she waited.

iPod and a book... thanks for the tip! I never would have thought of that!

little update for me... my doctor's office has sent the paperwork to the insurance people, and said they think it will take about 2 weeks for approval. so, they want me to start the 10 day pre-op around April 6, hoping for the 16th surgery date.

It sure would be nice to get that approval before the liquid diet begins, as I think it would give me extra motivation.

I slept and slept, walked a few times that night. I was so excited about surgery. I didn't sleep as much days before. I really wanted to just sleep and be happy! Sweet dreams and good luck.

Hey all

wow what a crayz couple of days. Yesterday I spent most of my day at the hospital but on a happy note:

I do not have any gallstoness

I do not have any blood clots

I do not have to have the sleep study

I got an extra script to keep me from throwing up after surgery, I always do

I do not have to go back or any other appts until April 16 when they do my banding !!!!! YIPEE!!

My friend Melissa (I met at support group) had her surgery yesterday and it went so well (she is on the March board here) her surgery was at 2 and took less than an hour, she couldn't get a room until 8:30 so unfortunately for her she was very alert and in the recovery room but they got her ipod and a book while she waited.

she is home tonight and sounded great and felt good when I talked to her. She showed me where he went it. I was so excited for her and was so great to be there with someone else ! I am going to visit her Monday so I'll get some tips!

So that is what I've been up to the last 2 days. I am so excited I can't stand it.

Don't feel bad. I went to the dr yesterday or the obesity center for surgery, and because I have infectious mono (4 months so far) the physical therapist says I need to regain my strength before surgery. Which she said could take a few months. She won't sign off for the surgery til I have more strength. I guess that's ok with me because I know I need more energy but I was hoping to be an April bandster. I could be a june or July or even later. I still will be though.

Terry - it was a detox tea. I use to get it from LA Weightloss when I went there but got some from a nutritional store. I guess I need to pay attention when I make it. LOL

Sara - Happy Mothers Day! That is exciting about your trip. I am going away before my surgery, which is why I am waiting until April and can't wait!

I am so excited myself, I was up and down 5lbs for the last 2 weeks and it is finally gone + 2 more lbs. I have even been trying to adjust while eating out, I guess it is working.

You went to LA weight Loss too? By the time I went through the program they ended up giving me all my money back? After 1-1/2 years of diet and going to the gym sometimes twice a day I only lost 15 lbs and have gaine it all back and some.

I'm looking forward to April 13th!

Jennifer

Don't feel bad. I went to the dr yesterday or the obesity center for surgery, and because I have infectious mono (4 months so far) the physical therapist says I need to regain my strength before surgery. Which she said could take a few months. She won't sign off for the surgery til I have more strength. I guess that's ok with me because I know I need more energy but I was hoping to be an April bandster. I could be a june or July or even later. I still will be though.

Don't worry, you'll get there. I have been going through this process since Oct and just got a date for next month. The process may be slow and painful but the results will be worth it!!!

Jennifer

Thanks Tracy and Kitty...

I had a very emotional day yesterday! Lets hope I dont have many of those over the next week or so!

Well, 10 days now and counting......after this weekend, I bet next week will fly by...ummmm maybe I will be a tad emotional!!

Welcome to the group Teachlady.....yep the pages on here grow really fast....I some times log on, and think wow....theres so much going on with us all...its great actually that we have each other to share our journeys with, and that we all understand what we are all going through.

Sara xx

MS_JEN

I lost 50lbs on LA Weightloss and kept it off for a few years but then got pregnant and gained it all back plus and when I went back could not loose an ounce to save my life.

After doing that program, a little hard work here will be easy and worth it as there WILL be results!

Sara -

I am sorry you had a bad day yesterday, it is very emotional and I am glad I am going to be on Vacation the week before my surgery, so I can be totally distracted. I am nuts now. LOL

I think actually seeing someone have the surgery has helped me emotionally. I am going to my head dr again today and think I might not go back until after surgery. I don't need anything else to think about to make me crazy.

It is a beautiful day here, and I have decided to start telling me the people in my life who did not know. They have been so supportive and is what I need right now.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a beautiful rainy spring morning here today!!!! Already in the 60's, and the grass is starting to turn, the magnolia trees are blooming... I am in the mood to plant bulbs............. and its PAYDAY! too bad its also housepayment day!!! LOL