Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

My positive thoughts and prayers are going out to all April people. Those that are having surgery Monday and beyond, those of us who are starting on the "diet pre-op), with special prayers that those that care about us and love us find a way to be supportive, helpful, and loving.

I am starting my diet Monday. They gave me three choices, one being Optifast, slimfast, or a 1400 calorie food diet. I think I am going to alternate between the slimfast one day and food the next. Hope it is not hard!!

janiebug- you will do great on the pre-op diet...I wish I could eat something every other day!!! I'm on all liquids--it is hard but, I'm proud of my accomplishment so far!! If I can do it ....you definately can do it!

Thanks Angie!!!

I had my pre=op class today from 8:30- 4:30 med the dr, nurses etc. Had ekg, x-ray and blood work done. Now I required to do a stress test before the 13th. My surgery is at 12:30, then I'm on my way :clap2:

My husband didn't say anything when I got home, but then I didn't expect him to. no prob. I have one friend taking be to the hospital and another picking me up. In class we where given a shopping list for groceries and got everything I need. Right now I can smell the chicken broth I'm making in my pressure cooker and I freeze it. for later.

No pre-op diet :cheer2:

Jennifer

I finally have a surgery date - April 26. I am so excited! I have been trying to get approved since November. liquid diet starts on April 12. Three days is the longest I have ever made it without food. This is going to be interesting!

My doctor is also requiring me to have a psych evaluation. Anyone else have to do this? What kind of questions will they be asking me? I don't want to say anything that would cause them to postpone the surgery.

Becky

I finally have a surgery date - April 26. I am so excited! I have been trying to get approved since November. liquid diet starts on April 12. Three days is the longest I have ever made it without food. This is going to be interesting!

My doctor is also requiring me to have a psych evaluation. Anyone else have to do this? What kind of questions will they be asking me? I don't want to say anything that would cause them to postpone the surgery.

Becky

Becky, I'm excited for you!!!:clap2:

I had to have a psych evaluation also. They just want to make sure that you are doing this for yourself and are stable enought to take care of yourself andfollow instructions. I had to fill out a lo-o-o-ong worksheet some of the quetions were asked several times but rephrased I guess to see if you answer the same. I was also give several task to complete at home. The task really helped me to face my stress triggers and showed me the proper ways to respond to them and not use food.

Jennifer

Hey Everyone,

I had my preop apt. today and I've lost 11 pounds on the doctor prescribed diet. I am so excited...I've never lost 11 pounds...never even tried! I am tired of thinking about all of this, I told my partner to just drive me there on Tuesday, just tired of thinking. Good luck everyone, gonna catch up on the thread tomorrow...gonna relax and watch a movie, and eat a SF pop!

peaceout

I really am feeling connected to all you girlz, which is pretty strange considering I have never met or probably never will meet any of you. We just have these keystrokes and these common experiences between us. But I have to say that I find this to be the nicest people I've ever shared a support board with and I think it's because (for one) we can finally TALK about our real feelings of what it is like to be overweight....with people who REALLY understand what we deal with on a daily basis. I'm sure most of you are like me, and keep it all bottled up inside 99.5% of the time...pretending we don't care....or that we have "accepted" our bodies just the way they are. I think we all share the tremendous sense of relief of the real possiblity of HOPE. I am so very tired of this battle that I have been fighting since the age of 10. I just want it to be over once and for all.

I'm sorry some of you are not getting the support you deserve from your DH's. That breaks my heart. I am quite sure they don't understand a damn thing about what it's like to be us. I wish you girls the very best luck of all and I hope that our support is enough for you for now. We all understand everything.

I'm sorry some of you are not getting the support you deserve from your DH's. That breaks my heart. I am quite sure they don't understand a damn thing about what it's like to be us. I wish you girls the very best luck of all and I hope that our support is enough for you for now. We all understand everything.

Thanks Terry!

In my pre-op class today someone told me I was beautiful and for what-ever reason I was embarrassed. I guess I just don't think of myself that way. But it sure made me feel real good!

Can anyone tell me how to add a ticker to my post. I created one but can't seem to paste it.

Jennifer:help:

Just wanted to say again how excited I am. All of us getting done in April, I'm sure it's not just me, who is saying 'ARE WE THERE YET?!' LOL

Let's do this.. Good luck everyone! Can't wait to share the experience with you guys.

Good Morning All :)

Thanks Judy for your supportive words, bless ya...

Panda your pics are lovely, and Shineon I'll get my youngest to take a couple of pics tonight, of a before shot!

Last night, hubby and I went out for a meal, we had an indian meal, it was lovely at the time, but half the night I was so uncomfortable, severe me right for eating too much!! Also gettin really bad sleep apeona again, its worse when Im stressed I think? (waking up gasping for air)

my hubby has gone up to visit his parents, his mums not too well, so he wont be back till tomorrow lunchtime, and my youngest is working (w/k job) so Im all on my lonesome today. Got to clean the house at some point,

Have a great Saturday!

Hey Lauraj, your having your surgery done on my youngests B'day :)

April has come round Sooooooooo fast its scary!!

My movie? well I don't have one quite yet, but it is becomming clearer I see myself being thin and healthy, going to the Water park with my daughter and going on rides with her. Just being more active and going to the gym, which I love doing but just dont feel like it at this point in my life.

I want to be more trusting myself and don't want to feel like everyone is calling me a fat ass but talking about me because I look so great.

Hi Jen...

get that movie more clear in your head...do it now!! you need to concentrate on what you will feel, smell, hear & see at that water park.

Really...please define it more...make it real..

You HAVE to trust your self & not allow any vagueness or doubt.. those are our enemies..

As far as anyone else, they prob are not calling you a fat ass or talking about you...I totally understand what you mean though..

you have to get that fear out of your mind, you have no control over other people's thoughts or gossip, whether it's happening or not..

"Feel the fear & do it anyway" is a great book for those issues..

I'm getting a feeling of un ease & doubt from you... I am willing you to get clearer in your future successes... Get that movie going!

Only pick one scene to start with & work on getting it so vivid it becomes something you actually can experience!!

Hey...When the Surgeon knocks me out..I'm gonna think of you Jen..

I'll travel over to NY in my mind machine & check the water park to see if you're there! Then when I'm awake you'll be getting knocked out & you can come & visit me in your mind machine & see me out in my garden planting!! I'll make you a cuppa tea!!!

Haha...I must sound like a headcase! :nervous :nervous :nervous

I'm not... I just want you & all of us to win, to be happy & to give ourselves the life we've always wanted...xxx:D :) :) :):D :D :D :D :D :D

I really am feeling connected to all you girlz, which is pretty strange considering I have never met or probably never will meet any of you. We just have these keystrokes and these common experiences between us. But I have to say that I find this to be the nicest people I've ever shared a support board with and I think it's because (for one) we can finally TALK about our real feelings of what it is like to be overweight....with people who REALLY understand what we deal with on a daily basis. I'm sure most of you are like me, and keep it all bottled up inside 99.5% of the time...pretending we don't care....or that we have "accepted" our bodies just the way they are. I think we all share the tremendous sense of relief of the real possiblity of HOPE. I am so very tired of this battle that I have been fighting since the age of 10. I just want it to be over once and for all.

DITTO Terri.... I'm so much more confident in my decision having made the connection to this site & you all...:clap2:

Also Ordered that book by MJ RYAN... thank you...love those books!

I also feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders having 'met' you all here..

Also, I feel more relieved or something around the people I see every day in my own life here.. I don't feel as "judged" now that I know I have this April 'club' behind me!

Goodness knows if this will work, but here goes:

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 252pt; HEIGHT: 188.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title="" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1SARAMO~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Ok, not sure if this is going to work: This picture was taken on my last holiday, so its my pre op pic…and I’m smiling!! Hopefully the next time I post a pic, I’ll have lost a few lbs!! <o:p></o:p>