Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 252pt; HEIGHT: 188.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title="" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1SARAMO~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml103clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Hi Sara...

I can see your pic!

Lovely background too!!

Good luck with your surgery...can't wait to hear from you when you get back! :bandit

LOL, thanks lunasa, I think Ive done something wrong, as its now on all of my messages!! I'll remove soon. It was taken in the Maldives, Dave and I went there for our 20th wedding anniverasry, and it was my 40th too, so kind of special.

I should be back home on Tuesday, all being well, I leave home at 8am Mon am, if I'm up to it, I'll log on, on Tuesday just to say that Im still alive!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HAVING THE OP ON MONDAY & TUESDAY...my prayers are with you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I finally have a surgery date - April 26. I am so excited! I have been trying to get approved since November. liquid diet starts on April 12. Three days is the longest I have ever made it without food. This is going to be interesting!

My doctor is also requiring me to have a psych evaluation. Anyone else have to do this? What kind of questions will they be asking me? I don't want to say anything that would cause them to postpone the surgery.

Becky

I think most dr's require psyc evaluation. I think they want to make sure you are mentally prepared for the life changes to come.

Edited my profile so I could look like a pro..

just posting to check that I done the ticker thing right...

Haha...cool..YEY!

Haven't really lost 1lb...just wanted to see what way I set it to count..

Headcase...defo

Hi Jen...

get that movie more clear in your head...do it now!! you need to concentrate on what you will feel, smell, hear & see at that Water park.

Really...please define it more...make it real..

You HAVE to trust your self & not allow any vagueness or doubt.. those are our enemies..

As far as anyone else, they prob are not calling you a fat ass or talking about you...I totally understand what you mean though..

you have to get that fear out of your mind, you have no control over other people's thoughts or gossip, whether it's happening or not..

"Feel the fear & do it anyway" is a great book for those issues..

I'm getting a feeling of un ease & doubt from you... I am willing you to get clearer in your future successes... Get that movie going!

Only pick one scene to start with & work on getting it so vivid it becomes something you actually can experience!!

Hey...When the Surgeon knocks me out..I'm gonna think of you Jen..

I'll travel over to NY in my mind machine & check the water park to see if you're there! Then when I'm awake you'll be getting knocked out & you can come & visit me in your mind machine & see me out in my garden planting!! I'll make you a cuppa tea!!!

Haha...I must sound like a headcase! :nervous :nervous :nervous

I'm not... I just want you & all of us to win, to be happy & to give ourselves the life we've always wanted...xxx:D :) :) :):D :D :D :D :D :D

No you don't sound like a heacase - and fear, yes there is some, change is scary but does not always have to be bad. I am going up to my attic and getting down my skinny summer clothes that have been up there forever and hanging them on my closet door to see me in them again.

It is funny, I had my dream this morning, I woke up so calm and peaceful seeing myself on the beach in a small white dress getting married and not changing my name (MY relationship is not the greatest so I never say myself married)

Isn't that funny, no name change for my children, water and marriage! How is that for a dream. I actually wanted to go back to sleep to get the happily ever ending. LOL

Terry

You hit the nail on the head, you are wonderful and being one of the originals on this thread for april 07, I am so excited for you this week, I feel that We have been doing this together.

This is the greatest group of people and it is so nice to be able to put your thought, fears, or just silly stories out there and have people relate and really understand.

To all you with unsupportive DH, I am so very sorry. My DBF is not going with me but he has to work and is going to try to do his best, but I just don't understand why you ladies are not getting support. Are they afraid of you all being stronger, healthier and life changes?

I said last month that I know this surgery is going to make or break us and I don't want it to break us, but if it does, I will be healthier and more confident, but it is an emotional trip no matter how you look at it!

HUGS TO YOU ALL

I am so excited for all you Monday Banders!

Good luck to all and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep us posted as soon as you can!

I am so excited for all you Monday Banders!

Good luck to all and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep us posted as soon as you can!

Jenn, you are always so encouraging to every one Hope, no, I know you will have a great day.

Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank you - a few weeks ago I had a slight meltdown about all this, but I just know how great I feel about all this and for the most part, I know everything is going to be so much better in my life physically and mentally. And I am so excited about that I want to share that energy with all of you.

You guys have become my banding family and it is just nice to beable to share with people who are going through the same thing.

I went with a freind I met locally and she was so calm in the waiting room and i couldn't control myself, I was just so excited for her.

Hi, everyone!

I don't post on here too often, becaue I have a baby and a toddler, but I read this thread at least twice/day!

I just want to say that I am also glad I found you guys! I am not telling anyone but DH about my surgery, so I do not want to go to a support group- fear of running into someone I know. I realize that would mean that they are also having it done, but I just want to keep this very private for myself. But I feel as though I have jut as much support or more by having this particular thread.

I started my 1000 calorie/day liquid diet today (6 days earlier than doc requires because I was eating so badly since last doctor visit!) and so far, I am doing really ok! I love the sugar-free fudgsicles and the protien shakes are really filling. It's only the first day, and it's only 2:30 pm, but I am not hungry and I have only had 500 calories so far.

I signed up to use fitday.com and it is awesome! It tracks everything you eat (you have to do the input!) by calories, Protein, carbs, fat.... everything! It's a big motivator for me.

One more thing, since surgies are starting for our group, please considering praying daily for those on our list for having surgery that day (if you are not into prayer, please disregard; hope I am not offending anyone). And as you have your surgery, please check in here-or have your significant other check in on your behalf- as soon as possible after surgery, so that we know that you are ok and everything went well.

Enjoy the weekend!!!!!!!!

I think that the praying idea is a really good one! Even if you're not into prayer per se, sending positive thoughts and vibes have been known to make people feel better and faster! Seriously, it was in the New England Journal of Medicine!!

I just wanted to wish all of you Monday morning bandsters safe surgeries and speedy recoveries. I cannot believe its April! This is OUR month. Truly a new beginning for all.

Break a leg (that's good luck in theatre-speak!)

With love, Sheila

Ok guys. I need you to explaine to me in very simple words how to add a ticker. I created one but can't get it on my post. :help: