Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ok I've figured out the pattern for me.. meat.< /p>

I can't eat it anymore!! :eek:

I don't understand the logic/reason for this.

That super thin turkey deli meat.. PB. Crackers? Fine.

The chicken salad I make is only thing that stays down, and I have PBed on it once for too big of a bite.

2 days ago, chicken wing- PB.. crust of a pot pie.. fine.

Yesterday, chicken breast.. PB.. mashed potatoes.. fine.

Today, deli sliced ham.. PB.. cheese crumbles.. fine.

What gives??

I am making sure to chew it to a moosh, and yet it still comes up.. but then other foods, even if I take a big bite, they're fine.

Laura - I had a Panera Asian chicken salad today for lunch. The chicken breast is moist but is sliced paper thin. It was touch and go until I figured out that I had to cut the chicken into bites about as big as a peanut. I assure you I am not exaggerating!! So I killed time that way while I was chewing...cutting the chicken up into itsy bitsy bites. It also took me 45 minutes to eat this salad! It IS possible to eat meat, it just HAS to be cut very fine.

Hey!! All the ads are gone from the left margin!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!

Probably just an error in coding, they'll be back LOL!!

I CAN eat beef jerkey, thats the only meat I've been able to eat.

And I swear to you, the chicken from last night and ham from today ITTY BITTY BITES. SMALLER than a peanut!!!

The ham I threw up, it was all pieces the size of a pen point.

Well. Hmmmm. Since you've been PBing quite a bit, have you tried giving in a rest for 24-48 hours? liquids and very soft mushies only??

Hey!! All the ads are gone from the left margin!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!

I wondered why all the posts seemed suddenly wider. I thought maybe my eyesight was getting better!! But noooooooooooo...

hi violets...

just in from work and getting my dd fed her supper. everyone have a great and relaxing evening!

haydee....I have found several houses I like...we just decided to wait until spring. :)

Good eve, Vi's...

Lots of shopping today... we're re-doing dd's room for her b'day (she's actually moving from her "old" room into what used to be the guest room... what fun, not!), re-doing dd's old room into the guest room (in time for our German guests who arrive on the 14th) + re-doing the kids' bathroom (need I say more?)... so had fun in Bed, Bath & Beyond today! Now have to go up & schlep more stuff (how can this kid have MORE??) back & forth across the hall for the 3rd night in a row! Phew! It's true... if you need the motivation to clean or paint or decorate -- invite someone over!! (We'll also be getting all the carpets cleaned + the outside of the house power washed! Oh my!)

Biggest Loser & Boston Legal tonight! :)

Just wanted to get the ball rolling so everyone starts getting ideas :)

We have 14 participants at this point (a nice even number!).

Anyone want to suggest a dollar limit?

And start making a list of the following things and send to me when you get a chance (no rush!). This will be passed on to the person who is your secret santa. I have a feeling there might be some violet things this Christmas!!

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)?

2. Favorite color?

3. Least favorite color?

4. Hobbies of any sort?

5. Do you collect anything?

6. Any additional comments

I'm going to start a new thread here in our folder so that it doesn't get lost in the mix for anyone wanting to join. :clap2:

I now have restriction and up until Friday I never new what it was!!! I can no longer eat everything. Everything is getting stuck and I pb'ed for the first time today.

Potatoes, ground beef, string Beans all ok anything else other than my hot Cereal hurts. For the first time since band I have to chew. It's like I have to start over again. I get all my Protein and Water in so I'm not worried about that.

Not complaining, it's just something new.

I'm down a # since Friday and at the rate I'm going (not being able to eat much) I'll be in onederland soon!!!!!

Laura: My sister teaches photoshop so she's checking into your site. I don't have a clue. I can't figure out how to post my pictures on LBT yet.

Yikes!!! I had never heard of anything like SecondLife that Laura talked about today and tonight on Law and Order SVU the show is all about it!!! How spooky is THAT???

Judy, you and I are just totally out of it. I don't need another excuse to tie me to the computer even more! I'm not even going to LOOK.

Pamela - I finally fixed your Bracelet and will get it in the mail tomorrow. So sorry it took so long! No excuses, just never got to my 'studio'! I wish I had all day every day to bead...i would be in heaven...and I might actually get good at it! ha!

Ms. Jen - Welcome to the world of slime!! Yep, you gotta start over! You've heard us talk about high risk foods enough to know what they are so just tread carefully!

Laura - I don't get the thing with meat either. And scrambled eggs make me stick worse than anything else!!!? What is up with that? Eggs....and fried chicken (or fried anything). I used to love to cook 2 scrambled eggs for dinner before a workout...it was easy, fast, and satisfying. I may have to try them again....someday! How did your sausage go down tonight? My favorite is Czech garlic sausage (Kat you get that when your in Tx, don't u?) and hot Italian sausage. Italian sausage can be made with turkey and it's delish!

Kat - I'll be praying that all is OK with your tests. You have simply been thru too much in your short life to have anything else come your way anytime soon.....(((big hug)))

TracyinKS - You are rockin' and rollin' girl!! Any ripples in the office since word got out about your band??

Why can't men find anything?? I sent Richard to the pantry to find some biscotti he wants with his tea and he is standing in the pantry door just staring. It's right in front of him but I refuse to rescue him!! LOL Men and kids...blind as bats. I always rant that I'm the only one with working eyeballs. :)

I'm off to bed. Is tomorrow only Wednesday?? ugh.

Hey Violets~

Thanks for the heads up Judy, I am gonna DVR Law and Order! I am facinated by the SecondLife stuff...still trying to figure it out. I am just too busy to get into something new.

I started my new training for my new job today. Very excited to do this...this will look very very good on the resume!

Laura~ I have to eat meat very very wet...like in a salad. Today, they had sandwiches at the catered training and I scooped the tuna sal out of the bread, then had to add sal dressing to it, the tuna was too dry. Tonight, I came home after Jazzercise class and had a cup of hot tea, then I was able to eat my chix ceasar sal. It nearly worked...at a few tough spots (nearly stuck). But at least it was sooo much better than the last few nights. I'll probably drink hot tea before dinner from now on.

Terry~ Thanks for pointing out the obvious w/ the adds. For 2 days or so, I've been wondering what the hell is different here.

Tomorrow is my 6 mo. anniversary. I am not where I'd like to be, but I am still trying to be positive. That Jazzercise class is amazing. For those who like to dance this is a national chain. My o my...what fun, and such a "kick yo azz" workout. I am going to stick w/ this and try to stay positive! It is hard though.

Haydee~ Come on over! Always room for any of my violet sistas. Especially in the closet.

Gonna go check out the Secret Santa thread! Have a great night violets!!!

xoxoxoxo

Thanks so much Terry~ we were posting at the same time. I appreciate your help w/ the Bracelet. It is truly beautiful, and I can't wait to get it back!