Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ohhhhhhhhhhh my ears are STILL ringing! I went to an awesome concert last night....flashback to the 80's when I was like 16 LOL

I saw Queensryche, Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath (with Dio). It was great! I didn't realize how many old people (guys) have long hair in my town LOL

Alice Cooper put on a fantastic show - I had a blast! But now my ears are paying for it!

Today is the first day of the fair here in my town, so my daughter and I are going - then this afternoon she has an OB appointment so I'm going to tag along hehe :)

I'm still at 213.8, but I haven't gained...I feel fantastic. I started a fitness challenge at work, so this week the challenge is for everyone to get in at least 64 oz of Water, next week it's to walk a mile a day. I gotta get exercising! Last night I stood and danced through the entire 4 hour concert...does that count as exercise? LOL

Have a great day violets!!! :clap2:

Tracy - let me know how those muffins turn out! Flax seed is sooooooooo good for you!!

I get flax seed pita's ... I have 1 a day, it has helped with my issues too. LOL

You bet your shaking booty that dancing for 4 hours counts, Denise!!!! My brother was a HUGE Alice Cooper fan, he listened to it non stop, so I too know all of his music!! We are taking him to a Halloween Concert with Alice on the 30th. He is really excited! He is handicapped, and several years ago he was front row at an Alice concert and had to be "rescued" over the front barricade. The crowd had pushed so hard, as to deprive him of air. The security allowed him to stay in front of the barricade, and be off to the side of the stage. The gave him a back stage pass, but he was with friends, and did not want to miss his ride, but right as Alice Cooper was going off stage, he come down and shook his hand and ask him if he was ok---he replied he was, and about that time some crew member come up and give him a Tshirt, and CD. Alice signed his backstage pass, and went on his way. To say he was a fan before is nothing, he thinks he is REALLY special now!! He listens to his radio show all the time.

I dated a guy once and his Dad and Alice Cooper "share" a lake, in Arizona. Their houses, are on opposite sides, of this man made lake. His Dad was on like his 9th wife at the time, and it made me laugh that of the 2, Alice Cooper has the horrid reputation, and he is still married to his original wife!! Of course I never heard anything about his Dad biting off chicken heads, or having a stage full of "dead" babies! The original Shock Jock!!!

You should have seen the shock on my DH's face when he realized I could sing along with almost every song Alice Cooper sang----pretty funny!!!

Glad you enjoyed your concert!!!

Pamela---maybe these meeting are exactly what you needed to appreciate even this years kids!!! Works in strange ways like that!

Tracy--glad you are feeling better. Save your time off for fun things!

Jenn---I could not agree more with Terry. Most people like your cousin, and the way you describe him, tear others down in an attempt to build themselves up. After all these years, I am sure he knows you are an easy target, and take his crap without dishing it back in his face. I am not recommending you start a massive fight in the house with your Aunt ill, but I would do my best not to let something said by someone like him hurt me or upset me. Instead of stressing, come bitch to us about him. I am glad you got rid of the headache, and that the excedrin didn't cause problems!

TracyK----enjoy those uninteresting days!!! Spend some time with your DD, and enjoy the lack of chaos---it will be made up for another day I can almost guarantee it!!! The holidays are headed our way!!! What is your little one going to be for Halloween?

My dinner continued to sit in my belly all evening, I finally went to bed, and at some point it must have chose to digest, I feel fine this morning. I am wondering if I just didn't eat too much, and not have much room for working it through. Note to self----QUIT pushing it!!!

Well I am heading out to Durango here shortly. Then I can take the truck in and have the windshield replaced. The glass companies used to offer specials where they waived your deductable, but they said on the phone the other day that the insurance companies put a stop to that....figures, now it will cost me a hundred bucks.

Will let ya know what they say at the Cop Shop!

BBL

Kat

Aww! We had a similar experience with Alice..

We did the CD's he released that had the different color eyes on the cover..

Around that time he was in town for a concert, so we got backstage and tickets to the show.. me and some friends went with my parents.

My parents FIRST KISS (at 14) was at an Alice Cooper concert.. so they were acting silly!!

I also got the pizza stub while we were back there.. was the order ticket for when they order pizza hut.. said 'Alice Cooper' and then a whole bunch of pizza orders.. and they signed one of each of my cd covers (all the different colored eyes), and I took a pic with the guitar guy cause he was H-O-T.. I was about 18 I guess..

But I have to say, I'm not into his music. That concert was long and loud to me! I remember as a KID my mom played his music video things to keep me entertained.. and one where he was caught in a spiderweb.. a big one.. that always creeped me out.

My first concert was at the age of 14 too (Neil Young!) ....I can't imagine, in my wildest dreams, sending my 14 year old to a concert these days! I can hardly bear to send my 17 year old!

Well my first concert was a biggie!!! I went with my Uncle to Denver when I was 14 and saw ZZ Top!!! Then the very next month we went and saw 3 Dog Night, and he got 2 speeding tickets coming back, and we didn't get to go again for awhile!!!

Laura, of course you listened to it with your Mom----you ARE younger than all of my children!!!! Our youngest DD will turn 25 tomorrow!!!

She turns 25, my Dad turns 74, and my FIL turns 80---all on the same day!

My Dad is teaching a class tomorrow night, so we are taking him to dinner tonight.

I must say I remember some of the original MTV videos, but I was so busy with kids, and life then, that I seldom saw the old videos that way. I know they smashed guitars a lot, my nephew was pretending a plastic shovel was a guitar, and smashed it over my DD's head, resulting in her first stitches!!! Kept me convinced MTV was not for children!!!!

Kat

When i was like 4 years old my mom & dad brought us all to a Dolly Parton & Porter Wagner concert...LOL OK, so I am showing my age. :) I was country when country wan't cool, so my first teenage concert was Alabama.

Kat-Macy wants to be an owl....where in the heck am I gonna get an owl costume? When I asked her what choice #2 for a costume is she said she wanted to be the easter bunny....go figure!!

TracyKS-glad you got better!

Terri-I will not even try to quit smoking until I get to goal...so it isn't "stupid". I just know my limitations. But for those of you who can do it, more power to ya!! Go Terri!!!

haydee-sounds like great cereal. I love to eat cereal so I will definitely look for it!

Denise-glad you had fun, and yes, the dancing is exercise in my book!!

Where is Judy?

Hi Michelle!! I see you lurking!

Jennifur-I hope that your aunt feels better really soon. I will say a prayer for her!

hi to anyone I missed....

Tomorrow I have the yearly well woman check up and I also go to the dentist to have my stitches removed. Fun, fun, fun.

In case anyone is interested...I was at 200.5 this morning. I know I said I would not mention it again until I got to onederland, I am just way excited. makes me wanna take a handful of laxatives and a handful of Fluid pills LOL

Everyone have a great evening!!

Oh yeah, it was quite possibly a bullet, size is undeterminable without dismantleing my dash to retrieve the shot! Ummmmm NO!!!! He said he doubts it to be a hunting rifle shot, but possibly. Didn't act to concerned. Did zero paperwork---total waste of time and gas! Should not have been surprised---Colorado Law Enforcement, and everything related has never done anything but let us down!!!!

Oh well---can at least get it fixed now! Maybe I should go after one more load before spending $$$ to get it fixed......

Kat

TracyK: OMG ... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DH always teases me about going and taking a ______ to drop a few pounds!

Well.. I am still a ways off from where you are but I did manage to button my OTHER pair of size 14 levis just now..... as I type this I can't breathe but damn it they are buttoned! A birthday present to me!!!!! Well actually I just went and bought 4 more VS bra's offline (had a coupon and a coupon code) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My coworker bud told me today that my boobs looked really good in my new bra! :) She's a hoot... (so then I proceeded to do the BAYWATCH run/boob bounce in her office) and then I went and bought more bra's!