Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

WOW Laura!!!!!!!!! Interesting! Can I join? :)

1K a months sound a whole lot better than the pineconeresearch surveys I do every month or so! :(

Although I LOVE MY PINECONE RESEARCH!!!!!!!!

LOL!

You can get a SecondLife account for free, and it's a free download..

But for the store, I worked for about 3 years to get my company name 'out there'.

I have to rent stalls in malls, do promotional ads, even have a blog for the store so frequent customers get the latest new styles released. And I pay $25 a month for my own land in the game (you don't have to do this), so I have 2 static shops set up.

Andddd you have to be able to do graphic design.

I use photoshop, and the game provides photoshop templates. It's not as easy as pie, but if you have a good grasp of computers, it is easy to learn! And if you have time for promotion- even better. Since I established our clothing line, I don't do much promotion anymore (I don't like to 'play' secondlife).

My RL Best friend, she always wanted to do graphic design, but never went to college. In January I brought her to SL, and I explained how it works.. she opened up a store in game, she now makes about $300 a month.. she doesn't own land anymore, she just rents.

The SL currency is actually worth more than some countries' money.

1000 SL Lindens(game currency)= approx $3 real dollars, and they let you deposit into the ATM's in game which convert and directly go to your paypal account.

Anywho.. if you want to join SL and try a go at making a shop, let me know. I'll be more than happy to log in and show you how it works!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! easy for you to say! :) YOU ARE THE WOMAN!

I'm sitting here at my desk trying to decide if I should eat one of my OHYea wafers for lunch as I'm not really hungry yet.....

I HAVE done better on Water today than I've been in weeks!

Did anyone catch it this morning that I actually

GOT MY LAZY ASS OUT OF BED AT 3:50 a.m. and was at the GYM by 4:30 AM??????????

:(

I NEED TO DO SOME WORK!!!!!!! BYE

I had a kudos snicker bar for b'fast (100 calories of yum yum), cup of plain coffee... lunch was some beef jerkey (i can't figure out how to measure it, the package says 1oz is 1 serving, and 'servings inside vary'.. boo) I'm not sure what 1oz is, but I had a piece big enough to last a good 30 minutes. I'll say it was 120 calories worth.

My tummy is growling from hunger.. so drinking bottles and bottles of Water to shut it up.. so far, not working! But on top of the new account I landed today, I am working another new account that guarantees a certain amount of business.. which is more than any of my other customers ever have done in the past.. so I'm anxious.. if I get this job too.. woweeeeeeee.

I love my job on days like this!!

And though I didn't wake up at 3something AM to work out (good god tracy), I've been running all over the plant today, I had to have at least walked/jogged/skipped 2 miles so far!

I had to force myself to get up at 8am on a Monday.. I can't remember the last time I was awake at 3something AM. :faint::)

And time for post 3.. My life is going so good, it's time for the downer part.

My sister's fever still hasn't broken in 4 weeks. She almost passed out from not being able to breathe yesterday, so.. she's not getting better.

They said if she didn't seem better by today they are hospitalizing her. So that's what they're doing.

Then me and my mom were talking, mom thinks maybe it's HIV. Since she is getting infections everywhere, her immune system isn't working.. but they don't know 'why'. I figured they would have tested for std's already.

But sister gives blood to Lifesouth a couple times a year.

We wondered if they test, do they call? Mom was too nervous to call, so I called them.

They said they do test for it routinely and they DO call. So I think that's ruled out.

I just went to GNC.com and stocked up on the Protein slams and the OhYeah wafers...... it's Gold Card discount time... and I got free shipping.

Now that I know its SUPPOSED to tingle I'm not so freaked out... :)

How do the protein slams taste? I've not been able to stomach any of the Protein Drinks yet...I definitely need to get more protein in....

LOL!

You can get a SecondLife account for free, and it's a free download..

But for the store, I worked for about 3 years to get my company name 'out there'.

I have to rent stalls in malls, do promotional ads, even have a blog for the store so frequent customers get the latest new styles released. And I pay $25 a month for my own land in the game (you don't have to do this), so I have 2 static shops set up.

Andddd you have to be able to do graphic design.

I use photoshop, and the game provides photoshop templates. It's not as easy as pie, but if you have a good grasp of computers, it is easy to learn! And if you have time for promotion- even better. Since I established our clothing line, I don't do much promotion anymore (I don't like to 'play' secondlife).

My RL Best friend, she always wanted to do graphic design, but never went to college. In January I brought her to SL, and I explained how it works.. she opened up a store in game, she now makes about $300 a month.. she doesn't own land anymore, she just rents.

The SL currency is actually worth more than some countries' money.

1000 SL Lindens(game currency)= approx $3 real dollars, and they let you deposit into the ATM's in game which convert and directly go to your paypal account.

Anywho.. if you want to join SL and try a go at making a shop, let me know. I'll be more than happy to log in and show you how it works!

I have no idea what any of this means. :tired Man, I'm OLD.

Terri- Aww.. I got my mom into it, she's 47!

She plays a bingo type game inside of SecondLife..

It's basically 'the real world' in a 'virtual world'. They have stocks, IBM, Coca Cola, etc. own islands in it. You own real estate, you sell it. You run shops, you make clothes, you build cars. People customize what they look like. You go to clubs, you go to parties, you go to games like Bingo..

It's... interesting. I only make my clothes and set up shops, I never got into the whole.. live another life. Well, except in my 'second life' I am a clothing designer, and that's neat!

Terry... thank God someone else felt like me. I read your post Laura and it was like.. ummmmmmm huh?

Now that you've explained it .... guess what? I'm still saying... ummmmmm huh?

I think it's way beyond my pea brain at this point in my life.

Just got back from Curves and have a turkey sausage/cabbage Soup just about done in the slow cooker. Don't know how it will taste, but it smells delicious!

Ethan has gone home with Mommy so I'm free for the rest of the evening. DH goes to his Bible study tonight and I think I'll head to the gym to do my stationary bike. I love being able to ride it and have my eyes closed at the same time. Hopefully there won't come a day when I'll fall asleep and ride right off the thing!!

so you mean all that stuff on your webstore is FAKE??????? it's just pictures????? I thought is was REAL dresses and stuff???

Man I AM WAY OFF!!!!!! :)

The Slams were ok... I've had the fruit punch and that is the kind I ordered...... since it was the 27g version (cheaper than the 42g version) I Shot the whole think in about two slugs... tasted like a melted Jello shot but tolerable and a VERY VERY VERY easy way to get 27 grams of Protein in.......... I also bought singles over the weekend one of each type of the brand laura has.. I figure I'll do half in the morning and half after lunch.......

The OhYeah wafers............ OMG they are so good! BUT Laura.. you will need to find a single because they do have a slight (and I mean slight) sawdusty taste at first... but still they are far and above the best Protein Bars I've ever had.... (and I've tried all the lowcarb bars over the years)

I have finished my 3rd or 4th glass of Water and going for one more........ flush this fat right out.........

LOL! The stuff in my store.. ok, the pictures are ME in SecondLife. That's what my little girl looks like. All the things I'm wearing in all those pictures, I made. They're not tangible in our real world, but in the game of SecondLife, people purchase my dresses, outfits, etc. They wear them in SecondLife, then go to a SecondLife club and dance the night away.

Oh well, I'll stop trying to explain it, don't want to confuse you guys anymore :)

My initial point is, I'm content with the extra income that place is making me!

I found a new chicken recipe I'm making tonight. Sounds easy.. chicken breasts, top with a slice of swiss cheese, sprinkle with onions and cover with cream of chicken Soup.< /p>

I'm sooo hungry right now darn it.. and I don't feel like cooking tonight.. but fast food makes me unhappy now. I get no joy out of trying to eat fast food.

Hi gals

just checking in, what a day.

Laura - I'm so sorry about your sister, i really hope they figure it out.

Laura, I am not understanding either! How can somebody pay for something that is not real? I think that is one of those things you have to be under 30 to understand.......

TracyK--almost there, congrats, and the pictures look great.

Have a great day!!

Jane

Hi girls-

Well I am home, and feeling crappy to put it quite plainly!!! I went up to this excelsior factory, with my best friends husband (sounds waaaaay kinkier than it should, gives me the heebie jeebies!!!) Rick helped him install a woodstove in their place over the weekend, and he needed wood, but had no idea where this place was or how it worked. This excelsior factory....ok, excelsior is the curly aspen wood, like in swamp cooler pads, or in gift baskets. When they shave the wood into the curly stuff, they do not use anything but the very center of the log. Aspen trees grow very tall, so they begin with long logs, and just shave off the outer sections with the bark, and then shave off the center to make the excelsior, then each end piece that was in the machine is discarded as well. Any pieces with dark color in the knots of the wood, are also discarded. So you go to this factory, and they have huge piles of discards. They charge you between $5.00 and $15.00 per truck or trailer depending how deep into the winter it gets, the more you need the wood, the more they charge!! Surprise! So you just go up, load up the wood you want, pay and go. I have been no less than 40-50 times. So even though Rick was at work, I was going to go up and show Gary where, and how to do this. But I figured, why not fill up my truck with small kindling type of wood. So I did, Gary filled his truck, and we were headed home by about 8. It is 50 miles from us.

I had only gotten about 5 miles out of town, and was on the phone (blue toothed) with Rick when this loud crack happened, and I had something in my eye---BAD! Something was in my eye, and it would NOT open, and the other eye wanted to shut, and I am driving 65 mph! I kid you not, I was squinting enough I saw I could not pull over, there was a guardrail---we are in the mountains of Colorado! Finally I was able to pull over, by that time both eyes are pouring tears, my nose is running in sympathy I guess, I cannot see, I do not have a clue what is wrong with me---I was just scared!

In every vehicle we own we store extra napkins in the door pocket, so I reached down to get some, and there is glass all over in them! I am finally able to somewhat open my eye...my phone is ringing, I would not respond to Rick all of a sudden, and he could hear me freaking out, so he hung up to call Gary---then called me back. I am finally able to see, my windshield is shattered! There is glass all over me, all over the truck! Gary pulls up, and is out of his truck, and over to mine, opens the door and glass falls, he is picking it off of me. The one that had got in my eye apparantly washed out with all the tears, just a red spot to remember it by. I also cut my right breast where glass went down my shirt.

The windshield is shattered in an area just to the left of the drivers face area....in an area not too big. It is still intact in the rest of the truck. I finally settle down, got Rick settled down, and was ok to drive it slowly home. Then he meets me here, and he thinks it was a bullet! All the guys do, there is a hole through the dashmat and into the dash! So now I have to take it to Durango tomorrow, and have the Colorado Sherrifs Office look at it, and make a report. It is hunting season, so they believe that is what it was!!!

Inches......mere inches, and fractions of seconds...and it would have come through the side glass, and into ME! Scared me all over again!

Come home, unloaded the wood, trying to use the adrenaline rush I was on productively...sitting was not an option, I was keyed up big time!

Then went and got Kinsey, and my folks and we went to Walmart to do my parents shopping, had some lunch, and now I am finally able to sit....still a little freaked out by it!

It is going to prove to be an expensive load of wood, when you add my glass deductable to the cost of it! But at least I don'thave a hospital bill to go with it!

Laura---I can sometimes not make myself buy clothes in RL---buying pretend clothes for a pretend me, is just not gonna happen!!!! For your sake I am glad others do not have my stinginess!!!!

Tracy good job on all the water!

Denise, Judy, TracyK, Panda, Michelle, Jenn---I see you all here, but once again, am going to have to get up and do something my energy has not been fully eliminated, I still feel too jumpy inside to sit still. Will catch you girls later!

Kat