Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning violets.

TracyK- OMG I am so sorry, I was power post reading and didn't realize that I missed the pics. You do look fantastic...and size 12/14... Man o man

I just realized my friend and her hubby will be at the game today - i'm going to bring my resume today and give them a copy there, it looks much nicer on my resume paper than a fax.

Anyway, just crawling out of bed, going to finish my coffee. I'm afraid to weigh in today, it was hot last night and i know I retain, but my toe ring was falling off so I don't get that, i feel tight but my toes are shrinking?

Judy - it is a nice feeling to be able to cross everything isn't it. LOL

My cousin is having her surgery tomorrow, I am so excited for her. She called me yesterday. She is afraid that she is going to have the surgery and not lose any weight. Knowing she is having surgery, she had a fairwell to food and has been eating junk. I laughed remembering my week before surgery. I told her she will do fine - she did great and had great willpower on adkins last year, she just hit that plateau and couldn't lose anymore, but kept it all off.

It is so funny she has bcbs and they just changed their requiements, if you don't stay overnight they don't require pre approval, so no overnight stay - Her dr is giving her a 4cc fill in her band on the table!!!! That seems a bit extreme to me... anyone else???? Judy- isn't your hubbys fills just at that point? I am going to drive down to the city on Thursday to see her, she took the week off work, I told her I was thinking about going down Tomorrow, but she will be out of it, I can help her more Thurs and we can visit. My advice to her was if you plan on sleeping in bed, which she didn't know might be an issue, get a step stool to help her up so she doesn't pull anything.

OH as for hair falling out. I started using that green Shampoo, helbal essence fruit something.... I use the Lenghten and strengthen formula. I used it at my friends house after we did my hair one time about a month ago and instantly my hair was not falling out as badly. I have been using it every day for a month and I am back to normal Hair loss and it is actually even growing back in. I have tons of new growth. I just thought I would share that with you all

I have notice that my nails are peeling off and until Friday I coudn't figure out why, they were so nice and now omg, hurt sometimes , but I noticed that I have a line in my nails it is alost to the top but in the same place on all my nails. I wonder if this is where I was lacking nutrition from surgery? They are so thick after the ridge and I thought that was odd.

Ok enough of all this for the moment, going to finish my coffee

Terry - yes my mom is. She is actually working on becomming a reiki master, We are going to Re do my back room and she is going to put up her table and make it her reiki room.

sometimes a little much for me to deal with but that is ok

I just got off the phone with my sister. She kills me, we live in 2 different worlds - her husband who is a complete pig (another long story) owns his own company and has so much money they don't know what to do with it, Ferrari for example, vacation home... she does not work but takes the kids to dance, swim, play groups, will not ever leave them with a sitter and here I am- down to earth and don't have a penny. Anyway - she was telling me for weeks Oct 20 is her daughters bday and it is going to be early so I can be there and don't forget. Well, it is at 2:30, and she thought that because she mailed an invite to my dad, who she doesn't talk to, that I could go into work late. Hello, resturant, small staff, I can't just go in late Like I work in an office, what world are you living in? Then she said when you see mom... tell her to call me, I feel like I have not seen her in a long time.... I said to her "i know you think I see her all the time but I don't ever see her" she said I know and she had to go and got a major attitude. She does not have a clue what the real world is like anymore, I am working my ass off, have no social life, don't get to see my family, and go to work when my dd gets home and it is not easy for me, so for them to give me shit just doesn't help

I get from my mom all the time that I need to get a day job. Are you kidding me? I've been trying for months, send my resume out, interview and nothing - so make me feel worse about what I'm doing and where I am in my life right now. Thanks all for making me feel like crap more than I already do.

wow i feel better getting that out as I cried my eyes out as I typed.

Lunasa- if you want to do the secret santa, PM me your addy & full name :rose:

Everyone at work (and DH) are having horrible allergies and colds right now. Knock on wood, even with DH coughing and sneezing in my face, I've not gotten it. I give thanks to Flintstones!!!

I swear by Zicam too! The first day DH was sick, I swabbed my nose with the little thingies, just to be safe. He was sick 4 days, then I told him to use Zicam not just dayquil/nyquil.. and he started feeling better. Zicam always worked wonders with my colds. He went and bought the soft chew things of Zicam and said they were disgusting. I like the nose swabs.

I still think I have a UTI.. It's getting worse, and I guess I need to go to a clinic or something, but gosh I hate that stuff..waiting forever, weird doctors.

It's hard to pee, and then when I do, it hurts in my lower abdomen.. and sex hurts?! I have a lot of anti-biotics from all kinds of things.. I took one last night, the band dr. gave to me right before my first surgery.. they saw infection in me but didn't know where it was coming from.. then they figured it out and gave me another antbiotic.. I also have amoxicillin and penicillen. I wish I knew which antibiotic to take so I don't have to waste a trip to the clinic!!

Ahhhhhh back from church and now time to relax a bit before the concert tonight.

Jennifur... It's AWESOME to be able to cross my legs now and to actually have my toes pointing to the floor instead of to the ceiling!! And WOW.. I've never heard of putting that much into a band during surgery!!! Ours had nothing in until the first fill and yes, DH only has 3.5 in now after 3 fills!! I can't imagine how she is going to get anything down with that much in her band right from the start..

And how come your sister doesn't just pick up the phone and call your mom??? Why do you have to be the go-between????

And when you get crap from your family, just come in here and THIS family will boost you up. Right Sistahs??

Laura.. the UTI is nothing to fool with. You need to get to the doctor and get it cleared up. Now that you have everything the way it should be with the band, you don't want anything to mess it up!!

Time to go fix some lunch and relax until tonight.

Patience, trust and WWJD!!

GOOD MORNING!

Lunasa: sooooooooooooooooo good to see you around here again!

I am trying to piece together a pc for the kids to play their games on and I TOTALY screwed it up just now.. .so I'm ticked at myself............ uggggg... I'm going to make the chicken Soup today and clean my kitchen........ have a great Sunday!

<<<<-------- STUCK on canadian bacon which is just like deli ham, right?? So why oh WHY do I eat it???????? (easy Protein, that's why)

I feel like carrying a cup around with me like somebody who chews tobacco does. YUCK!!!!....but handy! ;)

Jennifur-Thank you ma'am! I wish my upper body was getting as small as my lower body, but, I will take it! I will always have to buy bigger shirts since I have broad shoulders (thanks to my dad). Try not to sweat what your sister says...I hope you feel better after you has a good cry. Sometimes that is what I do just to get it all out!

Terri-OK, so you win on the weird dream thing. I LOL when I read about your dream. That was kind of "out there". lol By the way, I love strawberries!!

I am gonna watch the rest of my Astros last ballgame. ;)

Catch you all later....

Yesterday morning I had bacon & eggs for b'fast.. the eggs made me slime really bad, so I tried adding ketchup.. still slimed. Me and DH were watching tv, I've gotten into the habit of keeping empty plastic cups around the house. I sit there spitting up slime into them. My mom said it sounded like I need an unfill, so I don't tell her about my sliming. Went to the doc, they said it's an infection and might be yeast, so they gave me meds, I asked for them in liquid form (YECH). So at moms, I took my dose, both tasted sooo nasty, and mom was eating fritos.. so to get the taste out, I ate a frito. We were watching a movie.. and it made me slime bad, and I didn't want to spit up the medicine, so I just let it collect in my mouth for a minute.. but 3 spit-ups later, I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the kitchen and spit it all out in the trash.. mom was like 'do you not like the movie??' I sure do slime a lot more lately.

We watched Magdelane Sisters.. it's a true story about the girls who got sent to the convents in Ireland and the abuse they went through. It was pretty sad.

Thinking of keeping a sliming journal so I can tally what didn't work and why.

Slimed bad on the frito today.. hubby was too hungry to wait for me to cook, so wanted to know what I wanted from fast food. I said nothing, figured I'd make me a chicken salad later.

But he comes back with honey bbq wings from KFC. Pre-band.. we have one down the road, I love those wings.. but literally 8/8 times that I ordered them they ALWAYS gave me the wrong damn wings (normally some spicy hot nastiness).

So he got them, for the first time ever-- it was the right ones!!

He left 2 for me.. so I nibbled at one, enjoying the yummy good sauce.. SLIME SLIME SLIME. I don't even know why???? I barely ate anything, hadn't gotten to the chicken yet. The breading & sauce did it.. and I was really nibbling!! BLECH.

Going to take my Protein test tube and watch some tv, read some fun stuff on the boards today.

Panda, I can't get over it!!!! You look like you've been banded for a year or something. What's your secret pretty lady? ;)

Hola Violets~

Well, I have restriction...now what? LOL, just kidding. It has been a tough weekend for food. Can I live on cottage cheese alone? Yesterday, I had my 3rd PB ever (was eating little hard breads for breakfast...totally a no no, can't eat bread until night time). Then today, I got stuck 2 times. I was just trying to eat a Healthy Choice and had to stop and have hot tea. I am gonna have to have hot tea before a meal for sure. Now tomorrow is a challenge...catered lunches and I can't eat food. I will bring in some cottage cheese and a shake.

We finished the closet...OMG...it is perfect. The pix you've seen, now add another entire long wall, a built in dresser, and an 8 drawer island...I am in love! Susanne is going to start bringing stuff here in a few weeks...we are well on our way!

Have a great night ladies.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Judy thanks MUAH!

Man, so my day just continued to go down hill. I went to my dd's football game and the cheer coach is the neighbor, they treated me worse than normal. After she told my mom that she missed me and they talked, now she is meaner. Door closed move on to the next chapter.

So 3 months ago I called HD and told them I can't afford my bike and I wanted to give it back, they said i should try to sell it and not give it back. So guess what, they came and picked it up today. It was a big releif because I can't afford to live let alone my bike, but still sad. Actually makes me angry that DBF has a new one after he wrecked the old one and can pay $500 a month for that but can't give me my support. I need that $3k and I'm sinking here. I just have a feeling about tomorrow - because I am doing something about it.

Well, I'm going to visit with mom, she had her cancer retreat and wants to tell me about it