Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Oh and also -

My daughter's OB told us that she's A negative blood type, so when she's 28 weeks she has to have a special medication so that during this pregnancy she doesn't develop RH antibodies that can affect any future pregnancies and possibly attack her next babies blood if it's Rh positive. Below is an article describing it a bit better:

What is my "Rh status" and why do I need to know it?

Early in your pregnancy your blood will be tested to determine your blood type and your Rh status — that is, whether you have the Rh (Rhesus) factor, a Protein that most people have on the surface of their red blood cells. If you do have the Rh factor, as most people do, your status is Rh-positive. (About 85 percent of Caucasians are Rh-positive, as are 90 to 95 percent of African Americans and 98 to 99 percent of Asian Americans.) If you don't have it, you're Rh-negative, and you'll need to take certain precautions during your pregnancy.

If you're Rh-negative, there's a good chance that your blood is incompatible with your baby's blood, which is likely to be Rh-positive. You probably won't know this for sure until the baby is born, but in most cases you have to assume it, just to be safe.

Being "Rh-incompatible" isn't likely to harm you or your baby during this pregnancy, if it's your first. But if your baby's blood leaks into yours (as it can at certain times during pregnancy and at birth), your immune system will start to produce antibodies against this Rh-positive blood. If that happens, you'll become "Rh-sensitized" — and the next time you're pregnant with an Rh-positive baby, those antibodies may attack your baby's blood. Fortunately, you can avoid becoming Rh-sensitized by getting an injection of a drug called Rh immune globulin whenever there's a chance that your blood has been exposed to your baby's blood.

If you're Rh-negative and you've been pregnant before but didn't get this shot, another routine prenatal blood test will tell you whether you already have the antibodies that attack Rh-positive blood. (You could have them even if you miscarried the baby, had an abortion, or had an ectopic pregnancy.) If you do have the antibodies, it's too late to get the shot, and if your baby is Rh-positive, he's likely to have some problems. If you don't have the antibodies, then the shot will protect you from developing them.

Hi girls.. Denise that happened my mil while pregnant on my dh! She had no more babies as a result .. That injection was not an option then!

I just can't wait to have kids! I am rh+

Happy birthday Tracy!

I'm a libra too! Mine is two weeks away!

Haven't updated my signature but I've completed two of my pledged walks.. Yeay me!

Oh by the way.. My first concert was U2 here in croke park in Dublin..1987.. I was 11

It was a great experience!

I also saw Michael Jackson in cork in 88.. I'll never forget that! Ever! At that concert I met my first pen pal and to this day we write and have never met since! imagine!

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

Here's what my yahoo horoscope said for today, and I thought it was actually good advice for everyone, every day!:

"Try to add more exercise to your daily routine. Your physical self is something you can control a lot more completely than your emotional self right now, so you might as well make the best of it. Your body is under your control entirely -- so what do you want it to do? Take note of what you're putting into it, what you're putting it through, and what you're expecting from it. If all three of those things don't add up, it's time for you to make a change."

My first concert? Hmmmmmmm... that was a long time ago... I *think* it was Jimmy Buffett! or it was Howard Jones opening for the Eurithmics (sp?). My fav all-time concert was/is Bruce Springsteen, of course! Sorry, but I can't relate @ all to those other groups... I was/am strictly a "Pop" princess (case in point: my cell phone ring right now is "We're All in This Together" from High School Musical!). I know, what a dork!

Denise, I have that Rh thing & it was no problem at all w/the shots. Don't give it another worry.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRACY!! Enjoy & Celebrate!! :bounce:

Time to shower & start the day... make it a great one, Vi's!

Denise - you look like you had so much fun and look great too!!!!! I hope your daughter is ok, I'm sure she will be but I'll keep her in my prayers

Lunasa - nice to see you post

Morning all, I'm off to drop of ds then have an appt and then going to lunch with an old friend, it is going to be a nice relaxing day (i hope) My cousin gets in this am from San Fran.... so the fun begins.... my aunt will be here tomorrow night and staying with me from LA... I'm sure I'll be venting. LOL

Happy Birthday TracyKS (i thought it was tomorrow but I'm out of control)

I hope you have a great day

199.5:whoo::whoo::whoo::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

wooooohooooo!!!

I DID IT!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YA"LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Woooooooohoooooooooo

Change Your Ticker!!!!

Congrats

TracyK~ You are awesome! Congrats...and of course I didn't forget:

:):Banane20::D:Banane20::o:Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20:WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU!

Hell, I was glad to see 254 again...least it is not going up!

And TracyKS~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!! IF YOU FEEL "OLD" JUST HANG OUT W/ ME...YOU'LL ALWAYS BE YOUNGER! :happybday2::happybday2::happybday2::happybday2:

Gotta get ready for the cleaning lady this morning...lots of work for me for her to clean. Also, I am going to the shrink to talk about a tough topic today and I am sure I will walk out w/ very puffy eyes! I just don't want to look too "jacked up" so I can go to Jazzercise tonight. That will be 4 days in a row. Yeah me!!!!!!

Have a great day! TracyK~ Don't forget us now that you are officially a skinny biotch! xoxoxo

peaceout

Oh yeah Denise~ Great pic! I didn't realize you lived in Cali! We are neighbors, haha. You and daughter look like you had a great mom/daughter day. I am jealous!

Violets~ I was wondering about this the other day. We refer to our "significant other" as dh, dbf, dp, etc. What are these peoples names??? Most of you know that mine is Susanne. I'll post a pic when she retires. When I had the dream that I was @ Judy's, I was thinking his name is dh. Anyway, share if you want to. I know Kat's hubby is Rick. After all, we are forming friendships that I assume will last for a long time.

TracyKS -you are so funny with the pics.

Good morning, Violets.. and one SHRINKING Violet in particular.. WAY TA GO, TRACY!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::bananapowerslide:Now put the scale away til next week and ENJOY!!!

TracyinKS....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! :happybday:

Pamela.. My DH's name is Bob. Or the Bobster as I fondly call him when I'm chatting online.

The first concert I ever went to was after I was grown up and married and it was REO Speedwagon. I couldn't hear for 24 hours afterwards!!!

Today is nail appointment day and then Ethan is over for the afternoon. DD Kris and I went to Curves yesterday and had a good workout. Today the Bobster and I will go to the gym and I'll do my biking for the day. It's chilly here rifght now. 40 degrees and my furnace came on, but I ran and shut it off. It's going to be close to 80 today. Perfect fall day and the colors here are beautiful. Next it will be raking when they all fall off the trees.

Everyone have a great day!! Patience, Trust and WWJD!!