Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi Angie38 - I am feeling really good these days. My PostOp is Thursday at 9:30. I had scrambled eggs with some cheese. I just remember to eat slowly and space out the drinking throughout the day. I even had some ground beef, yes I chewed the poop out of it. I don't have the pains described by lots of people here. I iced at least three times a day post op and I think that took the swelling down. I am currently enjoying a Protein Shake mixed with SF Cheesecake pudding. Yum! I eat that between bits. I also am doing the grazing thing. I am so happy for you. Dr. K is really a great surgeon.

Hugs,

Michelle

Hi Folks!

Well I made it through the 2 day IT training course :notagree .......

I cant read all of the posts just now, but I wanted to wish you all the best Tracy for your op on the 26th, and all of you that are or have been banded this week.....please let us all know that you are all ok xxxxxxxxx

We are al nearly through April folks.....it is just amazing....were all nearly banded now........:clap2:

God Bless,

Sara xx

P.s Lunasa awsome post mrs!

Good Vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and prayers for TRACY!!!

My prayer is that your surgery will be uncomplicated and you will have little pain and fast healing.

HUGS!

Thanks Huntress, Sara, and Michelle !!!!!!!!

I am done with my office chores, so now I'm prowling the boards.. I have house cleaning on the agenda tonight!

IS this Band "nesting"... B)

I get banded tommorrow and my nerves are setting in big style! I have kept to my pre op diet so hopefully I will be fine. Good luck to you hope all goes well!!!!

I too want to thank you Kat, for all of your words of wisdom. I love reading your posts!

I haven't felt like I have any restriction from day one. I can drink Water like crazy and I have been very hungry. I am looking forward to my first fill so that hopefully I wont be hungry anymore. If I didn't have these incisions on my stomach I would think they forgot to band me.

You hit the nail on the head with this one, I feel hungry BUT when I have my shake I drink it slow and I'm very full. So it stinks that I actually feel hungry but nice that it doesn't take much to fill me!

Wow---talk about making someones day---y'all made mine!!! So many sweet things from you guys---thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Laura, I was going to tell you exactly what Tracy did, do not wait to try those jeans on, sit them somewhere handy, and pull them on every few days, you will be shocked how quickly they fit, and then just as quickly become too big!!! Hope your pain is easing some.

Tracy, you and Doriso must be so excited!!!!! I know you will do fine, and then you will be on the other side---no longer waiting. I will say a prayer for you for a smooth simple surgery and recovery. Please know you will be in my heart and prayers!

Isn't it a relief to know there really is a working band inside there!!! I still get reminders when I forget for a few minutes who is boss!!! There was a thread on here once asking if you had named your band. There was a response from someone who said they named their band Tink---because in her mind she saw this little fairy in there, with a Tinkerbell temperment, squeezing it tight if she got angry! The visual has stayed with me!!! Mine is called Billy. My DH calls the boys Billy Bad Ass when they get a little full of themselves, and as a joke he was calling me Billy Band Ass---it stuck!

Well I will check in with you later, see how the nerves are holding up for Tracy and those going in tomorrow----til then thanks again for all the sweet things y'all said!!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Kat

you are so wonderful and a great motivator. I love reading all your post and can't wait until next year with the hopes I can share with the next group.

Hi 26thers,<br /> The big day is fast approaching, only one more sleep. I am amazed at how far away it seemed in the beginning and how quickly the time has passed, even the last 14 liquidy days.<br /> Because I am at the bottom of the world I will be first up, cant wait. Will be thinking of you all and looking forward to being on the other side and hearing lots of super successful surgery stories.

Hugs

Kat - sorry my dad walked in and I posted by accident. That just looked cold, but sincerely - you are great and I guess where I was going to go with that is I hope that I can be an inspiration to more people in the future as you are to all of us.

Hugs

Hey all...first GOOD LUCK to those of you getting your band in the next couple days!!!! :) Went to see the Dr. today for my 1 week follow up. Everything is looking good and I have lost 24lbs. (Including preop liquid diet). I am onto full liquids now. I had Tomato Soup for dinner tonight (which is my favorite) and I over ate. :phanvan I started to get the full feeling...but it tasted so good!!! So I pushed it a little farther... I should have known better...I felt awful for about a half hour after. Hopefully I can learn from that I guess.B)

Shawnna

B) and everybody else getting banded this week...Tracy, I have been reading since the January boards...I ended up being late Feb. myself....hope all goes smoothly for you!!!

Shawna: I love Tomato Soup too.(I even had it for dinner) black pepper and garlic added... YUMMY.......... tonight I went and stocked up on broth and SF Jello and just about every flavor of SF pudding I could find!

this time tomorrow night I will be wired for sound!!!!! I can not believe we have ONE MORE SLEEP!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.............. YAYYYYY!