Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi everyone!

I was banded April 12 (last Thursday)!

I hope I can join the ranks of the April Gang!

So excited to be in Band Land! love.gif

Jen

Okay that was weird..

I am FINALLY Banded!!!!

No pain, just some discormfort. I am on the other side!!!! And Offical.

Now I am going to go take another nap..

Thanks you guys!

Congrats Tater!!! :clap2: Glad you finally got it done and you're doing well. Rest up.. you've been through a lot latley!!!

Hi everyone!

I was banded April 12 (last Thursday)!

I hope I can join the ranks of the April Gang!

So excited to be in Band Land! love.gif

Jen

Hi Jen!!! You're officially one of the April Gang! Congrats on the surgery and welcome to Band Land!:clap2:

Prayers and thoughts to our two bandsters-to-be for their surgery tomorrow! Smooth surgeries and a quick recovery.

FloridaGirl - 04/19:clap2:

AREELlady - 04/19:clap2:

Hi all,

Welcome Jen and congrats to all the recent banders.

Here's a question to all banded. Is any one experiencing dizziness? The last couple of days, I have become dizzy for a moment when I get up. Any thoughts....

Thanks,

Pat

Hey all!! I am on the otherside! Yes, today I officially entered bandland! I am feeling pretty dang good. Will tell all about it tomorrow when I am not so groggy. I saw taterbug (Misty) while she was in recovery with her family and tried to wave but she did not see. She looked great which eased my nerves because I was being wheeled in when I saw her. Well just wanted to tell you all that I made it and will post again sometime tomorrow! Yippee!!

Everything went well with my surgery yesterday. Except when I got home and the scale read 6lbs heavier than pre-surg....and i'd had nothing to eat. I have a good deal of pain when I change positions...like sitting to standing. But otherwise, greatful to be on the other side!!! ;)

Shawnna

Pat- I have not felt dizzy since being banded... are you consuming enough- Protein and calories? or could it be the meds?? Sorry you are experiencing this. Good luck!

Sara- was it you that got something stuck...well me too!! I was having some nice, soft, lomein noodles and DH was having some stir fry veggies..... lets just say... too soon for broccoli !!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! That was painful!!!! What can you do ???????

Tracy- you must have your hands full with that group of boys plus one!

I was banded on 4-2-07, and, also do not have any resrtiction... I know I am eating too much, and my first fill is set for 5-17-07. I can not wait!! Doc says 6 weeks no exceptions!!

Welcome to all newbies!! Congratulations all bandsters that have made it to the other side.

I am still thinking of all of you daily, and praying for successful surgery, speedy recovery, and great weight loss!!

Terry- could you please repost the jeweler from the charms idea? I have been looking around a bit and would like to check it out! thanks.

AND WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS DARN SITE???????????? and why?????????????

mazie - it's www.jamesavery.com Hey, it could have very well been the noodles that got you stuck, not the broccoli. ...or maybe the broccoli wasn't cooked enough. Avoid the stems, too!

Good Morning all!!!! I will go add all the newbies and Tater, I will change your date. It might be tomorrow, because I'm only working a half day today and my boss is due in any minute..... I have my pre-op blood work and the meeting with the Anesthesia guy today... OMG a week from right now I will be coming out of surgery!

I won't be on tonight because we are taking our camper (ie the Duckwagon) to a local campground and giving it a test run this week. I will be at work tomorrow and I will check in then.

(I'm wearing those jeans that I had to lay on the bed to zip last week and today they went right on... WEIRD how a week makes a real difference!)

Have a great day!

Wooooooo hoooooooooo Shawnna and Angie.. Welcome to bandland!!! Glad everything went well with your surgeries.

Hi All :biggrin1:

Tracy thanks for cropping my pic too, I think you and Terry should be the editors on here, cos anything IT wise and Im baffled! Your son looks a real cutie Tracy, hes adoreable!

Terry cool pic of that longhorn mascot, our cows over here have little small horns, but I think the farmers must do something to them, as you never see cows here with long horns except the Highland Scotish ones that have long fluffy coats.

has anyone heard from Lunasa? LUNASA where are you? Are you ok? maybe shes still in England for a few days, I hope shes ok.

Congrats to all of you that have ben banded this week!! :clap2:

Hey mazie, good to hear from you, yep I certainly did get something stuck, it was rice (and I dont want to repeat that again! it is painful, and I remember thinking I was gonna choke, I tried drinking Water to wash it away, but it just made it worse!) Ive been sticking to mushie food, Ive put 2lbs back on (but its the wrong time of the month if you know what I mean) Ive got another 2 weeks of mushie food, then I start the hard stuff...LOL doesnt that sound funny! Actually Im a bit apprihensive about eating harder food again, after the experience with the rice and you with the brocohli, I think we'll both be nibbling our food like a rabbit!

Its mine n Daves 21st wedding anniversary today ...... I got him a card and a bttle of Balviney (single scotish malt) and he'd raded the card box and pull out a blank card with a heart on it, he said last night, Sara I have a confession when he saw Id bought hi something...I said I dont want to hear it!! So just maybe...I might get some flowers tonight?????? Heres hoping for something? LOL

take care all xx

Sara xx

Good Morning Everyone,

Sara- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Here is a joke my partner emailed me this morning, and it is intended to make you laugh (or at least smile).

Mark, a loving husband, was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary and his wife was really ticked off at him. She told him, "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in under 6 seconds, AND IT BETTER BE THERE."

The next morning, Mark got up really early before work.
When his wife woke up a couple of hours later, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a small gift-wrapped box sitting in the middle of the driveway.
Confused, the wife put on her robe, ran out to the driveway, and took the box into the house.

She opened it, and found a brand new bathroom scale.< /strong>

Mark is not yet well enough to have visitors.

I hope it made you at least know that you have a lot of company!!! Enjoy your day!

Terry- LOL, that pix you posted was funny. I love NFL football! Just never paid much attention to college ball. As an undergrad I did, was usually drunk at the games, perhaps we played your school (I went to University of Nevada, Reno).

Tracy- Your boys are sooo cute. I agree w/ someone who posted, " I bet they never get into any trouble." One year I taught 1st grade, and I had 16 boys and 4 girls...OMG, even w/ 20 kids, that was the hardest year of my teaching career. Right now, I have 37 middle school kids who are 2nd year in America, and they are easier than my first graders (well the 8th graders and testing my nerves lately, lol). Anyway, very cute pic.

I hope all of our band family who joined us this week are mending well. I have great news to share. I NO LONGER HAVE TO TAKE BLOOD PRESSURE pills OR CHOLESTEROL PILLS!!! For me, that is huge. I hate taking pills. I am still 23 pounds down although I feel I've put on a few. I feel great, and did another 5 miles (30 minutes) on the bike yesterday!

QUESTION: I WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING GOOD FOR MY GF THIS WEEKEND. I USUALLY COOK AND SINCE I STARTED ON THIS, SHE HAS NOT HAD A HOMECOOKED MEAL. ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS OF SOMETHING SHE WOULD LIKE, AND THAT I CAN EAT ON THE MUSHIES? MAYBE AN IDEA OR RECIPE? I WAS THINKING A chicken CASEROLE (JUST NO NOODLES FOR ME). ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day everyone. Still waiting for my charm Bracelet to arrive. :cry

Morning guys!

I feel a little sick today, might just be grogginess, but I feel like my stomach is unsettled. Had nothing but Water so far this morning. I'm a little confused (but happy!) about my weight loss. I hear most people gain weight from the surgery due to fluids, then lose it quickly right afterward.. Well, I lost 6lbs from the surgery, and losing more weight quickly after that. Does this mean I am or am not just losing IV Fluid weight? Should I be excited yet? LOL I don't feel like I've lost weight (Lord knows, my back still hates me) and I am only wearing housedresses right now.. but they don't seem bigger.. But the numbers are definitely dropping from before I had the surgery. I lost about 2lbs today! And.. that's with extra clothes on (robe and sweatpants.. I've been weighing myself in just a housedress). I'm very drained and tired right now..

Good morning everyone! I was typing away and lost my post. I must have hit the wrong button somewhere ~ anyway I am feeling pretty good today. I have had my meds, been sipping on a clear Protein Drink and had another popsicle. Let me tell you anyone who was just banded or getting ready to get banded get Dryers fruit popsicles. They are good, and when your throat is sore or itchy they work wonders. They are also sweet and sugar free. I have also been up walking around the house. I have not gotten the shoulder pain (lucky me!) so I am very grateful for that and hopefully I wont get it in the next few days. The staff at the surgical center was great to me and my DH. Doc said I was in surgery for an hour and fifteen. Not bad at all. Then I was in recovery for about an hour just sleeping, when I finally woke up I asked if my DH could come in then and if I could go to the restroom. They said I was doing so well I didn’t have to sit at the recliners. When DH came in he dressed me and we were off. My surgery was right after Taterbug’s and I even asked the doc how she did. I thought that was so cool – to see her recovering in the recliners. Small world! Well I will check back in later. Thanks for all the well wishes, I bet that is why I am feeling so good today!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Saramos,

“Its mine n Daves 21st wedding anniversary today” Congratulations!

<o:p> </o:p>

TracyinKS,

The week seems to drag on doesn’t? It did for me but before you know it you will be on the other side!