Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Boos April anniversary thread is great, I wish we had had this a year ago, you guys are doing the right thing, I was ready to jump off a bridge over a year ago, now I am so excited about life, please check this support site out also!XXAmourette

Thanks, Amourette!

Okay, you little chickadees of April 2007, if you need some inspiration, tips, or wise words, check out the April 2006 Bandiversary!! thread. (I don't know how to provide a link.) We are the big (little, now!) sisters looking out for you and rooting you on!

I started the thread for our '06 group to reflect, and for your '07 group to be inspired. You truly have no idea how high your life will soar in the next year! It is so exciting.

If you need advice or support, please come to us!

I'm trying to keep my mouth shut----you know with this pre-op diet

(open mouth = food in & closed mouth = no food)....but I need some credit.....

please please put me down for 4-2-07 surgery date! THANKS Tracy!!

Maziemommy, I feel your pain! This is day 3 for me on the liquid diet. I have made it!! As long as I don't walk past the kitchen again! LOL I know that the only way I am getting thru this is my faith and the support from my family and all my fellow April Bandsters!! Thanks to everyone for the inspiration!!

Jennifer

Hi April Peeps,

Ok, I start tomorrow the preop diet. I get 2 shakes, 2 bars, and a Soup daily. I picked up the food today from the doctor's office and wanted to weigh in to get a solid pre number. I FREAKIN PUT ON 5 POUNDS SINCE I WAS LAST IN HIS OFFICE IN DEC. I have had the last supper syndrome going on for 3 months...Gotta say it...SHIT! Ok, I feel better. I was pigged out today too...but it is officially over, and I am glad. I am tired of thinking about it, want to wake up in 12 days and have it behind me. I posted on another thread about a bowel prep that I just found out about today...another day off. I am not too happy, 1. I just found out about this, thought I was working the day before the surgery and 2. principal is not gonna be happy either (spring is testing time, not too good to have a sub for 5 days). But other than that I am ready.

I am a little concerned about being alone 5 days after surgery. My partner lives in Long Beach and will need to go back to work, while I am on spring break. I guess I'll be ok. She told me today, that she will be working on cleaning and painting our extra room, while I lay around and "rest"...great, that makes me nervous too. I will just have to let her go, she needs a project. She remodeled the bathroom while she "rested" after her hysterectomy.

Someone mentioned earlier about this being our band family...I TOTALLY AGREE. I have shared and confessed soooo much here, more than partner, friends, and family know. Thanks everyone...BAND HUG...Love ya!

Peace out

I WILL BE BANDED by now!!!!!!!

My surgery is at 7:30 a.m. and I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 a.m.

How's everyone today?

I'm so excited I telling everyone (my lapband buddies) I got my surgery date today, April 13th for me. Looking forward to a new start in life.

Jennifer

No offense taken, Kat....I had the same concerns when I posted it, but just thought it was funny. All is well.

I'm down to 13 days now. I don't have a pre-op diet except to "eat low-carb". I've been doing fairly well at it and have gained and lost the same 3# over and over again. This is exactly why I'm getting banded. I don't think my doctor will be upset by my lack of loss, but I will try in earnest for the next two weeks....uh, 13 days.

The April 06 Bandiversary thread is really awesome. I totally recommend you all go take a look. Thanks to those who are posting their memories, dreams and reflections. It is very, very reassuring.

GOOD MORNING!!!!!

Kity: LOL!!!!!! I had to laugh at your fears of your partner painting while you are "resting" ............. ROFL... I know exactly how you feel... she means well at least! You will be fine after surgery... you'll need to get up and walk, walk, walk anyway.

CONGRATS: MS_Jen on your surgery date!

I agree with Terri, the April 06 bandversary thread should be a requirement for us to read!

WE ARE SO LUCKY to Have the 06'rs taking us under their wings!!! I don't know of any other monthy thread that has done this for their... counterparts. JulieNYC is getting ready to have ps, and will need our support, Betty(GuySis) has a husband that had surgery, and Kat just got through a grandbaby crisis....... Boo, Amourette, and all the rest that pop over here to nudge us in the right direction.... deserve a great big group cyberhug from us. I for one, gain inspiration from them every day.

I really need to get some stuff done.. so I SHOULD NOT BE on here all day!! (but I'll check back later)

Hey guys. Well, yesterday I went to my pre-op appt and anathesia screening.

Good news first - I found out the diet I've given myself the last 2 months is my preop diet!! How crazy is that? Guess that's why I've lost a total of 21 lbs since Jan 3rd! :clap2: So that makes me happy (but i'm still going to be stricter (is that a word?) on myself anyway for the last leg of this pre-op journey!).

Bad/Irritating news - When I did my anathesia screening at the hosp., they said I had to be cleared by a cardiologist because my blood pressure was up. *deep sigh* :) Good news in that is that my surgeon's office got me an appt with one on Monday at 10am...but still...I thought I was done with all the delays and bumps, ya know? So, a bit of a bump in the road, but I'm determined and confident that I will still have surgery on April 2nd after my mom. God led me here in this journey, Satan's trying to make me discouraged, and I won't let it happen :)

Anyway, so that's my mini-update. I don't post much, but I do read each post.

***group hug!!!*** We'll all do awesome!

-Panda-

I'm still waiting to get my psych eval on the 30th of this month...and then we wait to see about insurance. I'm *hoping* for an April band-date....I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I loved reading this thread!! I'll be participating more...in hopes of an April date! Woot!

Soon after I posted my good morning greeting my (short version)

1) Work Puter Died (Black Screen of Death)

2) Filing Cabinet Fell over ON me ( 2 drawers, employee files )

3) Went P, and when I bent over, the seam of my slacks split WIDE OPEN!

(and I'm wearing grannie panties today!!!! ) :P

Needless to say I went home to mend my clothing malfunction.....

Returned to work to find a LOANER computer in my office... and I have spent the last 2.5 hours reloading software.................

and here I thought I would have a nice quiet day!!!!!!!!!

Good afternoon all..... I see that I have 25 pages of posts to look through to get acquainted with everyone on here. I just had my blood work and ekg done today. All that is left before my April 10th surgery date is the psych eval. Hubby just had his and they tried to talk him out of the surgery. Told hubby he wasn't fat enough...... sheeeeeeeeeesh. Our PCP is in favor of both of us having this surgery done. You'd think he'd know what he was talking about after having been our doctor for 23 years!!

Anyway...I don't have a pre-op liquid diet.. doc wants me to lose weight, but doesn't care how. So next week I'll start the no carb route and see how I do with that. I'm really anxious to get this surgery done so I can begin my new life. Hubby has to wait at least 14 weeks for a pre-auth. I'm praying he gets approved too.

Off to start reading the 25 pages.. yikes!! Everyone have a great afternoon!!

Welcome Teach Lady!!!!!!

also: Panda, you are getting so close to surgery. How is your mom doing.. (I'm thinking she was in a nursing home rehab right now)