Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Somebody help me. I'm 3 weeks 4 days post op and my left side and back are still killing me. My doctor said it was because of the big stitch on the inside in the left where they did most if the work and when it dissolves (4-6 weeks) the pain will go away. Now yesterday my stomach is hurting worse but differently. Not only do I have the pain on my left side now I'm severely cramping like as if I had menstrual cramps or diarrhea. I don't have either. I am so sick of hurting. I am getting severely depressed.

May need some really good pain meds to get thru and go to the e.r. If its too bad....just in case. I am praying for u

HW 245; CW pre-op: 229; Surg Date: 2/26/13

Somebody help me. I'm 3 weeks 4 days post op and my left side and back are still killing me. My doctor said it was because of the big stitch on the inside in the left where they did most if the work and when it dissolves (4-6 weeks) the pain will go away. Now yesterday my stomach is hurting worse but differently. Not only do I have the pain on my left side now I'm severely cramping like as if I had menstrual cramps or diarrhea. I don't have either. I am so sick of hurting. I am getting severely depressed.

And the severe mood swings can be modified with meds until ur body and ur emotions recover....

I am 4 1/2 weeks out from my revision surgery from band to bypass' date=' and I can eat so much more than before surgery, my band must have been too tight, I had reflux all the time, just worried, I can eat so much now....I have only lost 20 lbs....now at 192....

[/quote']

Call ur dr office.... Just to be sure

i wish i was more creative in the kitchen. i'm suffering from what most everyone else is going through-food boredom. had a taste of some of my old foods this weekend' date=' and it was a big mistake. i was sick and now i'm on the straight and narrow. no beef, Pasta or doughy foods for me, (they sit heavy and cause major pain) and i have to stay away from all chocolate-even sf and dark. it's just too addicting.

if i never eat another serving of Jello, yogurt, chili, or refried Beans it would be fine with me. i could also gladly give up the Protein Drinks, they are so nauseating now-but without them i can't get in my required amounts so i'm stuck. boo

anyone have any tips or tricks they'd like to share?

on the up side, i am starting to see my collar bones (yay-NSV!) and need to go shopping in my closet to see what i can wear to work next monday-it's been 6 weeks since i've worn any of my dressy clothes. probably better try on my heels and flats as well because my shoes are fitting a little differently too. B) now that i think about it, do any of you have any tips on how you survived when you started back to work? were you able to get in any walks, how about eating and Water? no one at work knows, they only know about my severe gerd and acid reflux and that i had a hernia repaired.[/quote']

I am pre op, but I got the Bari bowl package from BariWare which is pre portioned for us. I also have personal soft coolers and blender cups so I can carry stuff to much on. As needed and water bottles specially made to not give us air bubbles. When I do go back to work I should be prepared. The others on here and on other sites stress meal planning. I also copied and pasted a bunch of cupcake meal recipes and wrap recipes from worldaccordingtoeggface.com and another site mentioned under what ya eating tonight thread...

Have you tried the Isopure zero carbs premade mango peach drinks. 20oz bottle w 40 g of Protein. What I do is 1/2 n 1/2 the drink to lighten up the taste. I use 10 oz of Water w 10oz of the protein. I love it this way and honestly it is the only way I can get my protein drinks in as well. Plus you're also getting water w it too. I don't recommend the green apple flavor at all. Tastes horrible even watered down. Alpine punch I would use again watered down. Those are the only ones I tried. Can be bought online or at GNC stores.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Noted again....thanks girl !

I had gastric bypass on Jan 23rd

So far down 30lbs.....

Need some ideas for mushy food

Hummus' date='refried Beans, Soup. Oatmeal... yogurt...getting old[/quote']

Cream of wheat (can also add almond, soy or other milk or protein), Mashed broccoli, cauliflower, almond milk (silk brand), add Protein to almond milk and ice in blender (so 2 types of protein in one). Try worldaccordingtoeggface.com she has a list of recipes, too..... Oh and emilybites.com

Thanks! The cauliflower with laughing cow sounds good"

Thanks! The cauliflower with laughing cow sounds good"

Ok how would you do that exactly?

Ok how would you do that exactly?

I steamed the cauliflower until it was mush, drained it and mashed it with a fork. I have mine divided into 1/2 cup serving bowls (2-3 servings for me right now) and dropped a wedge of cheese on top, it melts when you warm up the cauliflower....mix and munch...not too bad!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 237

I also steam my cauliflower either in microwave safe bowl or stove and I use a blender or magic bullet to mashed or puree them. I have not tried laughing cow but will now. I used cream and or milk, butter.

I have not lost much weight recently, still at@ 190 lbs, getting frustrated, almost 5 weeks post op, since Jan 14 th....and only 20 lbs down so far......

I have not lost much weight recently' date=' still at@ 190 lbs, getting frustrated, almost 5 weeks post op, since Jan 14 th....and only 20 lbs down so far......[/quote']

We are surgery sisters! 20 lbs is great, congrats!!!

We are surgery sisters! 20 lbs is great' date=' congrats!!![/quote']

Thanks, been pretty disappointed in myself, not eatting as much as I should, cause I don't feel full, since band out! Which is good and bad in ways!......

Newbie ..... I had my surgery January 30, 2013 so glad I found this site it's very informative and filled with motivation and support!

Newbie ..... I had my surgery January 30, 2013 so glad I found this site it's very informative and filled with motivation and support!

i had my surgery on January 30th as well. How are you feeling? How is your weight loss going? I am so happy that I did this. Did you have RNY?