Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah gas pain is the only issue, as you can't seem to expell it as you could before. Still on pain meds, but only minimal amounts. Walked a mile and a half twice each day really helps get everything moving. Keeping Fluid intake high is important but I actually feel no thirst or hunger. Good luck all.

Trying to get the house and kids in order before the 23rd which is the start of my next venture. I have three kids 10, 8 and 5. My parents are coming to visit while I am in the hospital but will be with me for approx 4 days before hey head home after I come home. Hoping I will be ok to get the kids out to school in the mornings.

I picked up some shakes and Soups while they were on sale. I have a list and keep crossing off thing I don't think I will need in the hospital.

How is everyone else doing on getting ready.

I've been doing pretty good. Came home from the hospital on Wednesday and did pretty good. Thursday sucked because of extreme gas pain. Friday was great. Less sore got ally meds, liquids, food, and exercise in. Felt great. Today I felt sick all day. Wasn't hungry at all. Didn't get all my Protein in. Not a lot of pain. So disappointed in myself. I've only lost 8.5 lbs since Wednesday. I hope tomorrow is better. Hate feeling sorry for myself

Congrats!! What was your expectation of weight loss in the first 4 days after surgery? Remember you probably picked up some lbs with all the Fluid they pumped you with in the hospital. Don't be down on yourself you just started this journey there are many pounds to lose :-)

Stay encouraged!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

This is a great thread! So happy to be on the 'losers bench' sipping as I write this! The road has been bumpy but I am so grateful! I took a walk early this morning, but my nausea and diarrhea need to get under control (sorry if tmi) has anyone else experienced it? I haven't had anything but Water so far! Oh and cat naps =] congrats to everyone I look forward to hearing about everyone's progress!

And Jen I was there for an extra day for observation (irregular heartbeat) 3 days total! Happy to be home now though

I haven't experienced any diarrhea. I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. No bm since 2 days after surgery (sorry if tmi) I'm trying to tell myself it's because I'm not really taking enough food in.

As far as diet I'm doing Water, life Water, berry pomegranate tea, Protein drinks and strained Soups. I'm a pretty happy girl. Pain is virtually gone.

I haven't experienced any diarrhea. I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. No bm since 2 days after surgery (sorry if tmi) I'm trying to tell myself it's because I'm not really taking enough food in.

As far as diet I'm doing water' date=' life Water, berry pomegranate tea, Protein drinks and strained Soups. I'm a pretty happy girl. Pain is virtually gone.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

That's good! I'm going to call Monday of it continues. I'm going to try broth today and see what happens. How many days out are you?

Congrats!! What was your expectation of weight loss in the first 4 days after surgery? Remember you probably picked up some lbs with all the Fluid they pumped you with in the hospital. Don't be down on yourself you just started this journey there are many pounds to lose :-)

Stay encouraged!!

I dont know what I thought I should have lost. Lol. I just put extreme expectations on myself. Does it hurt for a second when you drink or eat something. I get a pain but then it goes away

That's good! I'm going to call Monday of it continues. I'm going to try broth today and see what happens. How many days out are you?

5 days

Nope not for me. Things will get better!!

I'm lucky enough to take 4 weeks off. I can not imagine going back to work after 1-2 weeks. I'm 10 days post op and now just getting my routine for meals and liquids. I'm using myfitnesspal and that is helping. I stopped taking pain meds after day 4. But, everyone is so different! I don't think I really had the gas pain, I was just severly nauseous and had abdominal pain. Now I'm just wanting to regain my energy, but I know that will come in time. I'm up to 500 calories a day! So far I can't handle the Protein Drinks, they go right through me. :blink:

Surgery was a little after 11:00am on 1/10/13, left the hospital around 6:00pm on 1/11/13 (amost stayed longer due to my slow/irregular heartbeat).

I have done quite a bit of walking, yesterday am I went to costco with my hubby, then last night we went to Target (that trip was too long and I was exhausted). I've been giving myself the levonox shots 2x's a day, taking my own meds crushed, putting the actigal in my broth or Jello, and am about to replace my scolpolomine patch in case I need my pain meds today (which I have not yet taken). I've had sugarfree Jello, (about 2-3 small bites at a time) and chicken broth, (about 3oz during a 1 hour sitting); I can't really gauge my Water intake because sometimes I drink out of the 1oz cups, and others my water bottle. This am I put some Decaf coffee in my chocolate Protein drink, still sipping on the 1st 4oz of it. I'll work on the Water measuring today, and makig sure I conntinue to walk enough.

Most of my pain is the gas, it's exacerbated by the soreness of the incisions and drain site. However I can happily report-the gas that's been gurgling insode my tummy for two days is finally coming out, (yay for tooting).

I have to say the hardest part of this is getting comfy while sleeping (adjusting positions can be a bear) and seeing others eating. I'm not hungry, it's just things I see someone eating may look good and I know I can't have it or I might catch a whiff of something yummy and I know I can't have it, you get the drift.

This is just me, don't set any expectations on yourself that are unfair, we're all different

Highest weight: 271

Lowest weight: 190

Pre-op weight: 233 my scale not dressed

Pre-op weight: 236 hospital scale with clothes on

Post-op weight: 239 my scale

Today: 235 my scale

Surgery was a little after 11:00am on 1/10/13' date=' left the hospital around 6:00pm on 1/11/13 (amost stayed longer due to my slow/irregular heartbeat).

I have done quite a bit of walking, yesterday am I went to costco with my hubby, then last night we went to Target (that trip was too long and I was exhausted). I've been giving myself the levonox shots 2x's a day, taking my own meds crushed, putting the actigal in my broth or Jello, and am about to replace my scolpolomine patch in case I need my pain meds today (which I have not yet taken). I've had sugarfree Jello, (about 2-3 small bites at a time) and chicken broth, (about 3oz during a 1 hour sitting); I can't really gauge my Water intake because sometimes I drink out of the 1oz cups, and others my Water bottle. This am I put some Decaf coffee in my chocolate Protein drink, still sipping on the 1st 4oz of it. I'll work on the water measuring today, and makig sure I conntinue to walk enough.

Most of my pain is the gas, it's exacerbated by the soreness of the incisions and drain site. However I can happily report-the gas that's been gurgling insode my tummy for two days is finally coming out, (yay for tooting).

I have to say the hardest part of this is getting comfy while sleeping (adjusting positions can be a bear) and seeing others eating. I'm not hungry, it's just things I see someone eating may look good and I know I can't have it or I might catch a whiff of something yummy and I know I can't have it, you get the drift.

This is just me, don't set any expectations on yourself that are unfair, we're all different

Highest weight: 271

Lowest weight: 190

Pre-op weight: 233 my scale not dressed

Pre-op weight: 236 hospital scale with clothes on

Post-op weight: 239 my scale

Today: 235 my scale[/quote']

We are surgery twins! I also had mine on the 10th!

Great to hear you already did a costco and Target walk. Ill probably try that tomorrow bc simply doing laps in the house is getting boring.

Totally with you on the gurgles gas feelings. Honestly that has been the most painful part, still working through some of it. I've also found the gurgles come after big sips or eating. Anyone else have this same feeling?

As for day 4, what a change!! Slept for nine full hours last night, and even rolled onto my stomach for most of it. That stomach binder was a godsend! Feeling pretty darn good for being cut into four days ago! If you haven't gone in yet just remember these recovery days are only temporary and totally worth it for a lifetime of improved health!!

Nope not for me. Things will get better!!

I like the broth, I just was nauseous! Mine was the ninth so I think that makes me 4 days out I think lol not good with math.

I am just numb. I am on my way to the hospital at 6pm UMPC Greenville PA, Dr. Christopher Meyers my surgeon... prep starts at 7:30am, surgery at 9:30am I cannot believe I am really doing this, but I have God on my side and if it is his will I see all of my surgery buddies on the losing side. God bless and good luck and a speed recovery and no complications and after surgery we can move from pre-op to post-op. I am praying for us all:

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

tzbandtobypass - Jan 14